Anyone here got a PTV and / or a Gladius as a Referral Reward for recruiting 5 / 10 prospects, I just need to know if the given PTV / Gladius were upgradable? and what insurance came with it?

tismoj

Hi,

I just need to know if the Referral Rewards for the PTV (after 5 Referrals) or the Gladius (after 10 referrals) were upgradable?

and what insurance they came with?

I know that the PTV is no longer for sale nor is it capable to be upgraded from, but if it was previously upgradable, even if you just got it as a reward, I was hoping to contest it to CIG.

Hopefully somebody could answer, cause I have 4 kids that I am planning to get RSI acnts for each one, I'm just basically waiting for another one of those referral bonus ship promos, like the recent ones with the Dragonfly and Aurora ES. So I am most likely to get the PTV and maybe at most the Gladius but this one would be much later, i expect.

I have both of those rewards.

The Greycat PTV and Gladius both come with LTI. However, only the Gladius can be upgraded to another ship as there is no entry for the PTV anywhere in the CCU options. It's simply not listed anywhere in the Ship Upgrades sections (most likely because it is still considered hangar flair). The Gladius on the other hand can be upgraded without any issue.

However I must warn you as these free referral items do not have a melt option. So if you upgrade your Gladius to something else you will be stuck with that decision as you won't be able to melt it afterwards. :)

ReferralGreycatGladius.thumb.png.3f40de34e9311ef8e48398d5e838e527.png

Hope this helps! ;)

Hi, many many thanks for your reply. I am so glad to hear that they are both LTI.

Do you think that the PTV had always been un-upgradable? Because I am only a recent backer but I've learned a lot about CCUs and since Feb I had been checking almost nearly everyday the upgrade page and I kinda distinctly remember the PTV being the first ship listed there when you click "all ships", Recently I haven't been visiting the upgrade page as often but when I check it now I no longer see the PTV listed there, and when I go the the pledge store the PTV is no longer for sale, so I was thinking maybe they just recently removed it and also the upgrade from it.

Sorry, I don't recall the PTV ever being listed as an upgrade option. As far as I know the Aurora ES was always the cheapest on the list for CCU purposes.

The buggy wouldn't be worth much either. Back during the old Voyager Direct store they initially sold them at 15000 UEC but later they suddenly sold them at 50% off for 7500 UEC (back then you had to convert $ to UEC first). Both of those versions did not have any insurance at all as they were considered hangar flair. Now CIG just gives them out for free if you manage to get 5 referrals and I believe it is also included in several 'big spender' packs as filler content.

Greycat-PTV.png.1365c65d27b78c70358b7d8857f4bd45.png

CIG also sold a "Ground Vehicle Pack" in 2016 which contained the Ursa and PTV for $55 and then also sold another "Offroad Vehicle Pack" later on in 2017 containing an Ursa, a Cyclone, and a PTV for $110. :)

1145566272_GroundOffroad.thumb.png.90a3014364da0c324be54a844cb98154.png

On 7/12/2021 at 11:01 PM, Danakar Endeel said:

Sorry, I don't recall the PTV ever being listed as an upgrade option. As far as I know the Aurora ES was always the cheapest on the list for CCU purposes.

You sure, I mean my mind's eye keep showing me the PTV, I even remember its price of 15 USD, but then again, my memory isn't as sharp as it use to be, maybe I am wrong.

On 7/12/2021 at 11:01 PM, Danakar Endeel said:

The buggy wouldn't be worth much either.

Not really interested in the PTV itself, but more into when I realized that it could be a potential LTI token, that I haven't accounted for in my fleet planning, but since you are sure that the PTV had never shown itself from the upgrade page, I will not be able to contest its removal from the pledge store which I taught caused its subsequent removal from the upgrade page as well, since it wasn't upgradable in the first place.

Too bad, I am most likely to get the PTV by early next year mostly but now that it can't be upgraded, its practically almost worthless, (its soo easy to just buy it in game if i should need it), it would have served better as an LTI token, to save me some money. And yes I was aware that they cannot be melted, I expected it., having already bought to additional acnts for my kids to get the Dragonfly and the ES as referral bonus.

I mostly collect the CCUs for my CCU chains, most of then put into buy back, I just simply don't apply any of them until probably when the chain's target ship is actually released and I am absolutely sure that I want it, if not I just don't apply it, until probably when CIG says that they will be taking the CCU feature away and we all have to finalize our fleets, that's probably when I will apply them all, until then I'm fine just using what's left of my store credits to buy or upgrade to some new ship to try it out.

Many many thanks for giving me verification, at least I know now that, if ever I make it to the Gladius referral reward I could use it as an LTI token.

Yes, originally the PTV buggy was sold for 15000 UEC. So you had to go to the Voyager Direct store and buy 15000 worth of UEC with $15. Then you could purchase the PTV Greycat buggy with 15000 UEC. Note though that there was no insurance listed at all as it was specified as hangar flair instead of a vehicle.

Later they had a 50% off deal where they suddenly offered the Greycat buggy for 7500 UEC (so $7,50). As such everyone (if they were smart) melted their overpriced buggies and went with the one that was 50% off. It still had no insurance listed due to it being classified as hangar flair.

After that the Voyager DIrect store ceased to be and the buggies could eventually be purchased ingame. We also saw some vehicle packs in 2016-2017 where the Greycat buggy was put in as a bonus item. This time however the vehicle pack had LTI.

Somewhere inbetween CIG also had a referral bonus reward event where they offered the Greycat buggy to people using someone else's referral code. So both the person using a referral code and the person whose referral code was used each received a Greycat Buggy with LTI for free.

However, I checked around for you but according to my findings the Greycat was never available as an option in the Ship Upgrades section. So it is best to forget about it having potential as an LTI token because that is not the case. It won't be an LTI token because it's a legacy hangar flair item.

Instead you'd be better off waiting for some other inexpensive vehicle and buying those during their concept sale as a Warbond option. Or perhaps check your buyback section and see if perhaps you already have some LTI tokens available to serve you.

The Greycat was never an option for upgrade; only the Gladius can be used as such.

Hope this helps! :)

Hi, sorry it took me a while to read up your response.

It makes better sense now why the PTV was never upgradable it was originally meant to be a hangar flair.

I appreciate that you had to go the extra mile to check if the PTV was ever upgradable, sad that it is not, cause getting that will most likely happen, but the Gladius will take a lot longer if ever that even happens. oh well, that's okay, they were never in my fleet plans to begin with, anyway.

So it's just my mind's eye playing tricks on me again. For some reason, I just l keep seeing the PTV, in the first in the all ship listings, probably I just saw it in some other page, and it keeps merging itself to the upgrade page in my mind's eye, that's why I keep remembering it there.

Many thanks again. Well at least the PTV is LTI, so that by the time I decide to bring it out to play with it , it will always be available.

No problem, always happy to help out where I can. ;)

And that little Greycat buggy can be great fun to play around with. Heck, I believe some people even host races with them and such. So personally I would never get rid of mine as they are just too much fun. :P

I also found the Comm-Link regarding the Greycat buggy as a bonus referral reward. Apparently that was in celebration of 3.9.

Greycat_Buggy.thumb.jpg.0630142f4c413f287f9a0744b9ddfdfd.jpg

So who knows; they might have another bonus referral event at some point during another patch release this year as we've had a number of them over time. In that case, always make sure that your Referral Code is still in the Referral Code Randomizer. Although it seems that these days there are several randomizers. So if you want to increase your chances I guess it wouldn't hurt to add your code to all of them and see if that helps in getting more points. :)

Not sure how large/effective those other ones will be or if they only pretend to be randomizers. I've mostly used the GoReferMe randomizer myself and usually received 1 referral a year. So it's not much but every little bit helps.

And if needs be and you see a bonus event with an item you desperately want you could technically make a secondary account and then have it use your own referral code before buying something worth $40. That way you are guaranteed a referral point on your main account and then you simply send that item you bought from your secondary account to your main account after a month and melt it for Store Credit. So you get both the bonus item, the referral point, and $40 worth of store credit to use on whatever upgrade you want. :D

Hope this helps! :)

Woah, many thanks again for the code randomizer links, I haven't really given that much thought about those before, but seeing you're getting around a referral a year is not so bad, I'll definitely enter my referral code there who knows right.

14 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

And if needs be and you see a bonus event with an item you desperately want you could technically make a secondary account and then have it use your own referral code before buying something worth $40. That way you are guaranteed a referral point on your main account and then you simply send that item you bought from your secondary account to your main account after a month and melt it for Store Credit. So you get both the bonus item, the referral point, and $40 worth of store credit to use on whatever upgrade you want.

Yeah I actually did that for the Dragonfly LTI and the ES LTI referral bonus just this Dec/Jan and Apr (3.13 sale). They are now my 2nd and 3rd acnts. I bought a 40.5 USD MR SC game package but no LTI just 2yrs ins. for the 2nd account, and the recent 65 USD Tumbril MT WB LTI for the 3rd acnt, which I gifted to my main acnt after 30 days which just made it for the ILW 2021 to be melted to add funds to put into buy back all future flyable ships for each of my CCU chains. Probably after I complete in getting the remaining future flyable ships, I'll just buy back with credits the Tumbril MT WB as an LTI token. Right now the MT is my only LTI token that I could upgrade and melt freely, the others are the 2 referral bonus and the Nomad SC Game Package LTI (my first pledge) that I do not want to melt, just in case I would need to gift to 1 of my other accounts.

That 3rd acnt is already reserved for 1 of my 4 kids, I still have 3 more referral bonus to get acnts for my 3 other kids.

The second acnt, I actually use a lot as my pilot while my main acnt enjoys the panoramic views on the Phoenix, or as a ship guard while I'm off trading, or to leave him behind as a quantum beacon if I need to get back to a multiple quantainium asteroid find while mining with a prospector, or to man the second turret while mining with the MOLE, where in that case I found that I no longer need to use consumables if the MOLE has 2 turrets manned, and I even had it tag along during xeno threat which doubled the pay that I received in the event, hehe.