Looking to buy Origin 600i and I have some questions

Oravaliito

Hello. I am quite new to the game but I originally bought a starter package several years back but didn't play much at all, because my PC at the time wasn't able to run it well. Now I'm back with a new PC and I see all these new things have come to the game and I have missed all the concept sales and whatever sales there was regarding ships. When I saw 600i, I really wanted to get that, but unfortunately I didn't see a possibility to get it.
I would prefer to buy it to my account with real money so I will always have it on my account, no matter if the game is on alpha, beta or release version. I think it is buyable in game but if there are resets happening, that would probably mean I would have to grind money for one multiple times whenever they decide to wipe the progress. (also not to mention I don't have that kind of money and it probably costs insane amount in game currency)

I see I can no longer get Origin 600i in any package or standalone ship if that ever was available as such. I have been learning about other ways to buy ships as in from other players from somewhere or page like star-hangar I found. How risky is it to buy ships from other players and is the website like star-hangar.com a good and safe site to buy? They at least claim to have some systems in place that scams should not happen, at least if it does, you should get your money back.

First of all, have there ever been customization options to 600i if it was on sale, like the 300i or 315i has? So could you edit interior colors, etc, back then? Just wondering if people are selling 600i:s; if they are with different interiors or stuff. I know it has 2 editions though.

Second question I have is regarding the editions. I am most tempted to get the Touring edition some day, but Explorer edition has some nice things though. Does the touring edition have any kind of vehicle cargo place at all? I have read that Explorer edition should come with some kind of vehicle as well; G12? I suppose Touring edition does not have vehicle with it and no place to store one? And if players are selling them, does all explorer editions come with G12 or is there some that don't?

Third question is that some 600i:s that seem to be selling online are listed as "original concept" or something. Is there another versions out there or should there only be 2 versions; explorer and touring, no other possibilities? (executive edition excluded)

Fourth questions is that are ship tradings "legit"? Is trading ships to other people like a clear feature or are they done by some shady tactic that might not be in terms of game rules? And is it possible to move a ship from other account to another? Not looking to buy some other account that has this ship.

If I don't plan to change the ship to some other ship, it shouldn't matter if it's "CCU:ed" or "normal", right? The 600i with LTI would be a dream but doensn't time like go past the same way like in real life? Does 10 year insurance really take 10 years to last or how does it go? LTI ones are probably more expensive than other ones.

Should I just buy one from someone or will it come back to sale sometime this year perhaps or anything?

Thanks.

I will try to answer your questions.

1  Invictus sale is this week you should be able to pick up your choice.     I think they are coming with  10 years insurance that's pretty darn good.  Head over to the Invictus  page and   find it.   As far as customization there are paint skeems you can buy the change the color.  You can always upgrade the components.  I don't expect much in interior changes that you will be able to do......maybe down the road.

2. Go to the  ship page and you will able to compare one against the other.

3. Original concept means  ships that were sold before they were flyable.   Usually the cheapest you will  be able to buy them.  You can buy on the grey market just be absolutely sure of the seller.   Never deal with one that doesn't have a long selling history with excellent feedback.  I have bought many, many ships on the grey market with no  issue  but you have to know who you are dealing with.   There is nothing wrong with ccued ships as long as you don't go  back  to  cash them in.   You will loose some of your investment

I you want  lifetime insurance you will either have to buy on the grey market or buy the cheapest item that is being sold with LTI and CCU  it to get the insurance  but 10 years insurance is almost as good.     I would  buy from RSI during the Invictus week sale

Hope all that helps.

1) customisation: RSI pledge store https://robertsspaceindustries.com/store/pledge/browse/268 sells paints for certain ships, there are no paints for 600i at the moment, maybe in the future  

3) As for ship variant, theres only 2 touring and exploration at the moment

4) Ship gifting is legit, yet don't expect customer support on issues related to greymarket trading unless you are good with words. A worst outcome of buying from greymarket is just losing your money and not getting your ship. Less likely to happen if you buy from long time traders.

5) CCU'd or normal are mostly the same. It is possible to get 600i with LTI by yourself through CCU method, or buying future ship bundles from RSI or by purchasing from greymarket.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There is no difference between a 600 hull and something CCU'd to a 600 hull.

In fact CCU'ing can get you a better deal, and lti, if you have an LTI base already.

Wait till the anniversary event in November and the ship or CCU will be very readily available.

I have a 600ie, I do like it a lot even though some of the space is not used very well.  It is a great ship in that you can run 90% of it by yourself, so solo play or small group exploration is great with it.  I opted for it over the Carrack I had, for a few reasons, but mostly because I can use it on my own if no one else is around.

I did not really look at the touring edition as I have an 890J for that role.

My advice to you is wait for the concept sales that will happen up to anniversary even and if there is low priced lti concept, pick that up, unless you already have a lti ship you can CCU.

Then at Anniversary event CCU up to it.  Unless you find a great deal on it on GM this is your best bet.  If you do go GM deal with people who have trade histories and good feedback.