Is this game worth it?

d4everman

What viperalpha said, plus note that right now CIG is much more geared towards making a SIM than a game--which unfortunately has brought with it a lot of delays in actually producing a full featured game.  Your experience now may be--and will likely be a LOT different from what it will be in 2-5 years. 

That's not to say you can't have fun now, but I'm in the boat that I'm unsure what direction CIG is actually going to take in a lot of areas of the game and for now am taking a break till they can really get the core of the game built out and solid.

I think it's tons of fun! I've never felt this size of scale in any other game, the ships and cities are amazing to experience. But I would still suggest going in with friends or org mates to maximize on the fun! =] I do hear some complaints with lower end PC but that will be optimized as they can, so don't expect it to always be a issue.  

If you'd like, we host events and meetings, like tomorrow for example is one of our in-game events. You can always check here https://forums.starcitizenbase.com/calendar/.

Hope to see you around!