Jump to content

What happens to a Warbond CCU in Buy Back if the target ship increases in value?


tismoj
 Share

Recommended Posts

BTW, I bought all of those MSR WB CCUs with cash of course, do you think they are still going to be forever invalidated? if in case some miracle the MSR gets another price bump a little bit higher than the Andromeda, because you mentioned in your rules that if it was bought with cash, it could possible be bought back if the price of the TO ship eventually goes a bit higher than the FROM ship

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tismoj said:

Hey @vahadar, I'm really glad to hear from you again. I can see that you are holding true to keeping your set of rules as updated as possible.

Now about the Andromedea, Yeah, I got really burned there, it was a big surprise to me, everybody that I asked told me that CIG had not raise prices after releasing a ship, even though I had several videos proving that CIG had raised prices but at that time were all just starter ships which wouldn't hurt anyone's CCU chain. So got so convinced that I melted 9 of the 12 WB CCUs of my Andromeda to MSR, for ILW, which really sucked, and to add insult to injury, I refrained myself from putting to buy back any permanent / always available ship like the Andromeda, so now I only have 3 Andromeda to MSR WB CCUs left and only now have I put some Andromeda CCUs into buy back with it's new price which means the $30 savings from each of those WB CCUs are now down to just $15.

 

Actually this might turn to be a very profitable misfortune because :

The Andromeda went from 215 to 240. Ok it screwed a few CCU and made others less interesting.

But you still have the Vulcan which is not released, which is the cheapest ship between the Hurricane and the Andromeda.

Considering the MSR price jump during production and release, I "bet" that the Vulcan will be released at 235$ maximum.

This means, if the bet is correct that a Hurricane to Vulcan would be 5$ when stored in buyback for repurchase.

Stock a few of those CCUs, wait for the Vulcan release, and then buy some Vulcan (235) to Andromeda (240) CCUs (5$ if the bet comes true).

This means an Andromeda would cost 10$ from a Hurricane (so 205$).

Like this you have saved even more than compared to when the Andromeda was at 215, because all the ships under the Andromeda that are actually not released ( Corsair, Ares, San'tok yai, Scorpuis Railen), exept Vulcan here with my bet, will most certainly jump over 240$ when released, so any CCU TO Andromeda from those ships will be invalid if stored in buyback.

I took that bet here and already stocked a ton of CCUs :) Goal is Vulcan at 235$ ^^

If you have Taurus CCUs from before the price jump, this is even more interesting obviously ;) As Taurus to Hurricane is 5$, and you save 40$ with any Taurus CCU you stocked before the price jump, so the Andromeda would cost only 165$. Cheaper if you have even more warbond CCU lower than Taurus, or betting on future release (G12, Hull-A/B... if you missed CCUs like Talon, Nomad and so on in 2020).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tismoj said:

BTW, I bought all of those MSR WB CCUs with cash of course, do you think they are still going to be forever invalidated? if in case some miracle the MSR gets another price bump a little bit higher than the Andromeda, because you mentioned in your rules that if it was bought with cash, it could possible be bought back if the price of the TO ship eventually goes a bit higher than the FROM ship

This was a mistake from my part, corrected in the messages posted in May yesterday, as I have not updated them when I have updated my guide since.

Unfortunately, if the Andromeda went above MSR (215 to 240, and since old Warbond CCU Andro (215) to MSR is 5$) it is now invalid, and will stay forever invalid.

Since it was warbond, you can try and ask support to let you buy back them at the original price.

My assumption with cash is a theory, as others (for my exemple with the Hull-E) explained to me that the price difference did not go from 150 to 50 when repurchased because the CCU is very old and the system was then different than today mechanism. This is anyway not related to your issue here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2021 at 6:21 PM, vahadar said:

The Andromeda went from 215 to 240. Ok it screwed a few CCU and made others less interesting.

yeah but that's kind of an understatement there, Andromeda is a permanent ship the likelyhood that anybody would put a non WB CCU of that into buy back is most unlikely. And at a previous price of $225 it was positioned in one of the best spots in terms of pricing, a lot of people trying to complete their fleet would have bought WB CCUs and then put to buy back all the CCUs in between going down to the nearest permanent ship, and had stopped there thinking it was safe to stop since it is always around and the price had never gone up on any flight ready ship before, until 3.14 that is.

Sorry I'm salty, but as you said it is very promising as there are still a lot of future flyable ships in that area, so most likely this will just become a mild hickup in the long run.

On 9/13/2021 at 6:21 PM, vahadar said:

But you still have the Vulcan which is not released, which is the cheapest ship between the Hurricane and the Andromeda.

Considering the MSR price jump during production and release, I "bet" that the Vulcan will be released at 235$ maximum.

This means, if the bet is correct that a Hurricane to Vulcan would be 5$ when stored in buyback for repurchase.

Stock a few of those CCUs, wait for the Vulcan release, and then buy some Vulcan (235) to Andromeda (240) CCUs (5$ if the bet comes true).

This means an Andromeda would cost 10$ from a Hurricane (so 205$).

Following your vast experience with CCUs I'll follow on your advice here, but I had already successfully collected not less than 12 CCUs of all future flyable ships last ILW, Alien Week, and 3.14 sale, except of course for the Orion, Endeavor, and any of the hull series, which I think only comes out every IAE. Unlike most of the people in this site, I just recently started, Nov 2020 Free Fly for Star Citizen and just this Feb in collecting and learning all about CCUs, so I am so behind. But at least, since I started, I only missed the opportunity in getting the Nova and the Merchantman before their price increase. But at least I got WB CCUs from them which I think were at their previous prices. And of course there had been a lot more price bumps on other ships especially the Carrack before I started but I cannot help that, I actually had a chance to buy the Carrack WB CCU last IAE 2950, but I wasn't aware of all thses CCUs back then, so too bad for me, but hopefully some of my merchantman CCUs would help me in that price range.

On 9/13/2021 at 6:21 PM, vahadar said:

Like this you have saved even more than compared to when the Andromeda was at 215, because all the ships under the Andromeda that are actually not released ( Corsair, Ares, San'tok yai, Scorpuis Railen), exept Vulcan here with my bet, will most certainly jump over 240$ when released, so any CCU TO Andromeda from those ships will be invalid if stored in buyback.

That's why I don't use to buy CCUs of future flyable FROM ships, coz I don't really know where it would be priced at on release. But now I will consider collecting CCUs of all the FROM ships (of any WB CCUs) going all the way down to the starter ship ever since 3.14, ever since Andromeda.

On 9/13/2021 at 6:21 PM, vahadar said:

Like this you have saved even more than compared to when the Andromeda was at 215, because all the ships under the Andromeda that are actually not released ( Corsair, Ares, San'tok yai, Scorpuis Railen), exept Vulcan here with my bet, will most certainly jump over 240$ when released, so any CCU TO Andromeda from those ships will be invalid if stored in buyback.

I think San'tok yai might also fit below $240 since it is a fighter ship, but mostly it might be priced at $240. so you might still be right.

On 9/13/2021 at 6:21 PM, vahadar said:

If you have Taurus CCUs from before the price jump, this is even more interesting obviously ;) As Taurus to Hurricane is 5$, and you save 40$ with any Taurus CCU you stocked before the price jump, so the Andromeda would cost only 165$. Cheaper if you have even more warbond CCU lower than Taurus, or betting on future release (G12, Hull-A/B... if you missed CCUs like Talon, Nomad and so on in 2020).

I got bunch of Taurus, I actually got way more than I wanted to, that when I reallized I got more than 25 I used up 2 of my Buy Back tokens just to make sure I am at 25, hoping to be under CIG's radar, I just don't want to have any CCU to be more than 25 instances in buy back just in case.

On 9/13/2021 at 6:21 PM, vahadar said:

if you missed CCUs like Talon, Nomad and so on in 2020).

Yeah I missed them both. But I got the Nomad game package, good thing I decided to take the Nomad with its LTI rather than the MR 120Mos, but I missed all that Nomad WB CCUs with LTI.......dang.

 

On 9/13/2021 at 6:30 PM, vahadar said:

This was a mistake from my part, corrected in the messages posted in May yesterday, as I have not updated them when I have updated my guide since.

Unfortunately, if the Andromeda went above MSR (215 to 240, and since old Warbond CCU Andro (215) to MSR is 5$) it is now invalid, and will stay forever invalid.

 

I thats okay I should have stayed more vigilant, and put to buy back those Andromeda CCUs but thats okay the future is still bright

 

On 9/13/2021 at 6:30 PM, vahadar said:

My assumption with cash is a theory, as others (for my exemple with the Hull-E) explained to me that the price difference did not go from 150 to 50 when repurchased because the CCU is very old and the system was then different than today mechanism. This is anyway not related to your issue here.

That's okay knew that anyway, we are all speculating here, making educated guesses of how CIG thinks. But we all know that CIG shanges the way they think a lot so eventually everything goes outdated anyway. But still continue updating your guidelines its a big help and will help others.

I wouldn't had probably thought I would have a chance of buying something like a Polaris if not for the CCU and for your guidelines, so big thanks to you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Similar Content

    • By Vampier
      I build up quite a long list of available unmelt options on my account.
      I do not intent now or in the future to unmelt them myself but I am offering them here for if anybody want's any of these.
      Price is the unmelt  price itself plus whatever you deem fair as little tip towards me if any. If you just want to pay the unmelt price that would also be ok since this would go towards funding the game. However LTI packages cost extra because they are so rare.
      here are the available unmelt options for game packages that still have both Squadron 42 & Star Citizen with them and additional other items






















    • By Codryn
      The buy back token with credits is live, go in hangar tab at buy back pledges: you have 1 opportunity to buy back a pledge.
×
×
  • Create New...