Jump to content

What happens to a Warbond CCU in Buy Back if the target ship increases in value?


tismoj
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys,

Any body here melted their WB CCU only to find that the price of the target ship had gone up, when they were trying to buy it back from buy back with cash.

For example I bought a bunch of $5 WB CCUs from Andromeda to MSR having a savings of $30 each, for each of my CCU chains, and melted some of it, though highly unlikely but lets just say CIG increased the price of the MSR from $260 to $265, what will happen to the WB CCUs in buy back?

1. Is the WB CCU still available to buy back?

2. If so, does it still have the same discounted amount, but only the price of the WB CCU itself had gone up because of the new price of the target ship? In other words, would the savings, from the above example, would still remain the same $30 but the price to buy the WB CCU back would increase from $5 to $10

3. Also what will happen if it was reversed, the MSR's price remained the same $260, with its WB price of $230 but the Andromeda increased in price from $225 to $230? the same price as the MSR WB price

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the past is any indicator, the only issue for increases would be if the BASE ship would increase in cost, not the ship you'd be CCUing to. Example: I have a $0 CCU from a Vanguard to a BanuMM still chilling in my hangar. The only way I would be "hurt" is if the VANGUARD increases in price, as the BanuMM is already amped up pretty high in price. As for the ships already out there, CIG has said they won't increase prices of ships already released.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, for that info. And I'm actually surprised that $0 CCUs can still be applied, I taught CIG removed those from hangars when it was being exploited. And I am Envious that you have a CCU that cost you nothing but has a saving of $200 I think, WOW!

But my question is really about WB CCUs, it is my fault the example I gave is not a good one since MSR is already in game, but my question is really also for WB CCUs of future Flyable ships, as well. Like once the price of the concept ship changes like the BMM which was $250 than became $350 and at that time you bought a WB CCU priced at $300 for a savings of $50, that you melted before the price raised again to $450, which is a $100 increase, and would like to still buy it back.

1. Is it Still available, to buy back?

2. If so, is the savings still $50, but the price to buy it back had increased proportionally by $100?

 

Also I am very much relieved to hear that CIG said "they won't increase prices of ships already released", BUT believe it or not, I think I have PROOF that CIG had just fairly recently increased prices on ships that I think are already in-game (I wasn't a backer at this time so I am not so sure), but that nobody just noticed the increase, because the increase is just $5 and had only happened to starter ships, which would have the least impact to those collecting CCUs

Aurora LN: NOW $40, THEN $35, 5/22/2020 Based from this video Star Citizen Fleet Week Begins | Capital Ships, Ship Sales & Server Problems

Aurora LX: NOW $35, THEN $30, 11/25/2019 Based from this video Star Citizen RSI Ships - 2949 Anniversary Expo Day 2

Aurora MR: NOW $30, THEN $25, 11/25/2019 Based from this video Star Citizen RSI Ships - 2949 Anniversary Expo Day 2

Avenger Titan: NOW $55, THEN $50, 5/27/2020 Based from this video Star Citizen Aegis Day | Idris & Javelin Wave 1 Sold Out

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anything you melted at a specific price is able to be bought back at the price you melted it unless CIG changes something or otherwise has specified. Example: I bought back a Carrack for $350 that I had melted. 

The "savings" for the Warbond CCU will increase if the value of the ship is increased, but things like the appliable LTI (Which some WB CCUs had as a feature) may no longer be attached, but I have yet to see anyone comment on trying to do something of that nature.

As for "stealth" price increases on specific ships, I think it's telling that the Avenger and the Auroras appear to be the only ones that were boosted in price by a little bit, and that's probably because of CIG aiming for the "buy in" average cost for getting a ship+game package to be a "minimum cost" of $45, which required a boost in price to the above mentioned ships in order to make the "Base ship cost + $15" they aim for to get the starter packs set.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, tismoj said:

Any body here melted their WB CCU only to find that the price of the target ship had gone up, when they were trying to buy it back from buy back with cash.

For example I bought a bunch of $5 WB CCUs from Andromeda to MSR having a savings of $30 each, for each of my CCU chains, and melted some of it, though highly unlikely but lets just say CIG increased the price of the MSR from $260 to $265, what will happen to the WB CCUs in buy back?

1. Is the WB CCU still available to buy back?

 

 

You could melt WB CCU and buy back anytime. This an upgrade has fixed price 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Chimaera said:

Anything you melted at a specific price is able to be bought back at the price you melted it unless CIG changes something or otherwise has specified. Example: I bought back a Carrack for $350 that I had melted.

WOAH, that's great news, I must have misunderstood Nooblifier, I thought only the ships and CCUs in the hangar are safe from price changes and everything in the buy back that had its price increased will have to buy back based on its new price. Basically I thought, if in your case you wanter to buy back your Carrack melted when the price was $350 but now is $600, you'll have to buy it back at the new price of $600.

Based from what you said, everything I put into buy back is fixed (its price, and for WB CCUs and WB ships, the savings may even increase, if the price of the ship had increased), and can be bought back for the same price, regardless if whether the price of the CCU To ship had increased in price or not. And once I apply the upgrade the resulting ship will be valued with the new price, if the price had increased. Unless of course CIG changes things.

2 hours ago, GodZe said:

You could melt WB CCU and buy back anytime. This an upgrade has fixed price 

So this also confirms what I originally thought about buy backs are wrong, and the price of the melted WB CCU will remain the same even after a price increase. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2021 at 6:40 AM, tismoj said:

WOAH, that's great news, I must have misunderstood Nooblifier, I thought only the ships and CCUs in the hangar are safe from price changes and everything in the buy back that had its price increased will have to buy back based on its new price. Basically I thought, if in your case you wanter to buy back your Carrack melted when the price was $350 but now is $600, you'll have to buy it back at the new price of $600.

Based from what you said, everything I put into buy back is fixed (its price, and for WB CCUs and WB ships, the savings may even increase, if the price of the ship had increased), and can be bought back for the same price, regardless if whether the price of the CCU To ship had increased in price or not. And once I apply the upgrade the resulting ship will be valued with the new price, if the price had increased. Unless of course CIG changes things.

So this also confirms what I originally thought about buy backs are wrong, and the price of the melted WB CCU will remain the same even after a price increase. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

To make it simple: every item which is either a standalone, a pack, a package, an add-on (...) and not an upgrade, will always retain its original price (warbond or store credit) in buyback.

An upgrade MAY have its price increased in buyback. But most of the time, upgrades (even, bought with store credit) retain their original price even after the target ship has jumped in price.

Note that upgrades MAY also retain their original price, even if a similar newer upgrade might be cheaper. In the case of the Hull-E old CCU for exemple, it was bought once for 150$ to upgrade from a Carrack. The price gap is now 50$ only (even if Hull-E CCU are not in store anymore), but you can not repurchase it for this price, but for original price. CIG Support states that it is not possible to buyback an item at a price lower than original price.

Note that if you applied a coupon on an item, you will loose the rebate if you melt an item and will have to buy at original price.

Also some package might have their price messed up in the buy back and do not show the promotion they once had (for instance anniversary sale package with price reduction), if that is the case you need to contact support so they fix the price for you to buy back.

Quote

 

Discounted Pledges from Promotions and Sales

Unlike pledges acquired through the use of a subscriber discount coupon as noted above, pledges and packages that were originally being offered with a discount, such as Warbond pledges or special holiday package deals, will retain their discount when bought back.

If a pledge of this nature is showing at a non-discounted price in your buy back queue, please contact RSI Support at let us know so we can look into it.

https://support.robertsspaceindustries.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013195207-Pledge-Buy-Back-tool

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks so much for that very detailed info. At least I know now that not all upgrades will be safe from changes. Basically it is still best to keep all important WB CCUs in hangar, and we don't know if buy back would always be there.

And too bad about the Hull E, I hope that is not your targeted CCU ship, but if it is, it is still not too bad to buy it back if you make a goon enough savings via CCU and WB CCUs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hard to say with certainty and because it is Warbond what will happen.

 

But everything I have ever bought back was essentially locked at the price at which I bought it.

I will say when a certain CCU to BMM's became a deal due to price increase.  Only the ones still in my account were valid at the original price, trying to buy back melted ones reflected the new price, I hope that helps.

But I also believe this is what led to the whole removal of $0 ccu's , so it may have been a special case.

In general CCU's on your buy back, not in your account, will reflect current price.  But that is non-warbond...Warbond may lock the price.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2021 at 11:45 AM, Irres said:

Hard to say with certainty and because it is Warbond what will happen.

 

But everything I have ever bought back was essentially locked at the price at which I bought it.

I will say when a certain CCU to BMM's became a deal due to price increase.  Only the ones still in my account were valid at the original price, trying to buy back melted ones reflected the new price, I hope that helps.

But I also believe this is what led to the whole removal of $0 ccu's , so it may have been a special case.

In general CCU's on your buy back, not in your account, will reflect current price.  But that is non-warbond...Warbond may lock the price.

Hi @Irres, thanks this is a great help, so this actually confirms what @Vahadhar mentioned above that not all the time a CCU (non-warbond) will retain the original price it was bought with, though for WB CCUs, it may make better sense that CIG just keep the price locked, but of course that is not a certainty unless it is sitting safely in your hangar, as you have also confirmed here.

Thanks for that valuable info, I'll make sure to buy back my CCU's and even my WB CCUs that I most need ASAP, though it is a bit harder for me since my goal is to buy all my most needed ships in CCU chain in the most efficient and convenient way possible, but with this new knowledge I will make sure to do my best to buy them back ASAP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/3/2021 at 9:17 PM, vahadar said:

To make it simple: every item which is either a standalone, a pack, a package, an add-on (...) and not an upgrade, will always retain its original price (warbond or store credit) in buyback.

An upgrade MAY have its price increased in buyback. But most of the time, upgrades (even, bought with store credit) retain their original price even after the target ship has jumped in price.

Note that upgrades MAY also retain their original price, even if a similar newer upgrade might be cheaper. In the case of the Hull-E old CCU for exemple, it was bought once for 150$ to upgrade from a Carrack. The price gap is now 50$ only (even if Hull-E CCU are not in store anymore), but you can not repurchase it for this price, but for original price. CIG Support states that it is not possible to buyback an item at a price lower than original price.

Note that if you applied a coupon on an item, you will loose the rebate if you melt an item and will have to buy at original price.

Also some package might have their price messed up in the buy back and do not show the promotion they once had (for instance anniversary sale package with price reduction), if that is the case you need to contact support so they fix the price for you to buy back.

@Vahadhar, I really appreciate your reply here as it has truly clarified how I must proceed with my CCU Chain.

I had bought the Tumbril MT Warbond standalone for my 3rd acnt, instead of buying a game package this time, for the Referral Bonus, so that my main and my 3rd acnt will both get the Aurora ES with LTI, and plan to Gift the MT back to my main acnt in the future as another LTI Token and just buy a game package for the 3rd acnt once I plan to use it.

In my defense, I have 4 kids that I hope will be playing with me in the future, so I plan to do this at least 2 more times to get 2 LTI tokens each time for my CCU chains. And I did the same thing with my 2nd acnt for the Dragonfly LTIs, but only bought game package without LTI which really sucked, but wasn't sure if buying standalone would count as a referral at that time.

Don't get me wrong, On game release I've always planned to have 3 acnts even while playing solo (I use Shadow machines from Shadow.tech so I don't need to buy and upgrade expensive machines), I plan to always have 1 acnt keeping watch at my base, another acnt where my BMM will be or accompany me as my pilot, and my main acnt for Hauling, and whatever else I want to do in the verse.

1. So my question, sorry got lost back there, if I melt my MT Warbond Standalone, and later bought it back, the LTI and its price should be the same right? I mean the safest pledge to buy back based from what you said above is a Warbond Standalone, right? 'Cause I plan to keep buying LTI tokens this way (only if its a good bargain) until all my CCU chains have LTI tokens, but acnts after the 5th acnt I don't really need and not all CCU chains are really going to be bought, the later once are mostly just in case and just to keep helping CIG. So most likely I'll be melting some WB standalone LTI tokens until I'm sure that I will be using them, hence the reason why I would really like to confirm this with you, or anybody else who can confirm.

2. Another question, though not as safe as a WB standalone, I also plan to buy with store credits a couple of non-WB game packages, with at least 10yrs insurance, for each of the other acnts, and melt them, and later just in case someone wanted those acnts, like if a friend of mine wanted to get a game package I could offer him one of those acnts and he just needs to pay for the buy back, and he gets an extra LTI ship with the acnt because of the referral bonus. So I should be able to buy back the game packages with the 10yrs insurance intact and gift it to those acnt, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2021 at 6:56 AM, tismoj said:

@Vahadhar, I really appreciate your reply here as it has truly clarified how I must proceed with my CCU Chain.

I had bought the Tumbril MT Warbond standalone for my 3rd acnt, instead of buying a game package this time, for the Referral Bonus, so that my main and my 3rd acnt will both get the Aurora ES with LTI, and plan to Gift the MT back to my main acnt in the future as another LTI Token and just buy a game package for the 3rd acnt once I plan to use it.

In my defense, I have 4 kids that I hope will be playing with me in the future, so I plan to do this at least 2 more times to get 2 LTI tokens each time for my CCU chains. And I did the same thing with my 2nd acnt for the Dragonfly LTIs, but only bought game package without LTI which really sucked, but wasn't sure if buying standalone would count as a referral at that time.

Don't get me wrong, On game release I've always planned to have 3 acnts even while playing solo (I use Shadow machines from Shadow.tech so I don't need to buy and upgrade expensive machines), I plan to always have 1 acnt keeping watch at my base, another acnt where my BMM will be or accompany me as my pilot, and my main acnt for Hauling, and whatever else I want to do in the verse.

1. So my question, sorry got lost back there, if I melt my MT Warbond Standalone, and later bought it back, the LTI and its price should be the same right? I mean the safest pledge to buy back based from what you said above is a Warbond Standalone, right? 'Cause I plan to keep buying LTI tokens this way (only if its a good bargain) until all my CCU chains have LTI tokens, but acnts after the 5th acnt I don't really need and not all CCU chains are really going to be bought, the later once are mostly just in case and just to keep helping CIG. So most likely I'll be melting some WB standalone LTI tokens until I'm sure that I will be using them, hence the reason why I would really like to confirm this with you, or anybody else who can confirm.

2. Another question, though not as safe as a WB standalone, I also plan to buy with store credits a couple of non-WB game packages, with at least 10yrs insurance, for each of the other acnts, and melt them, and later just in case someone wanted those acnts, like if a friend of mine wanted to get a game package I could offer him one of those acnts and he just needs to pay for the buy back, and he gets an extra LTI ship with the acnt because of the referral bonus. So I should be able to buy back the game packages with the 10yrs insurance intact and gift it to those acnt, right?

 

Sorry for the late reply @tismoj

1- Since you bought the MT as a standalone warbond, and if you melt it, for exemple you gift it from your 3rd account to your main account, then you melt it on your main account, YES it will be the same price when you will buy it back (unless you had a coupon when you bought it in the first place, in that case you will have to buy it back the full price, without the coupon reduction), and YES it will stay LTI.

You can buy it back with store credit and a buyback token (you get one every quarter, not stackable), the MT will then be account bound and not giftable. Or you can invest some more $ in the game and buy it back with real $, then the MT will be giftable again, if that matters to you.

 

2- (edited havent read properply) I am not sure on this one.

If you have NEVER bought a package with real money with that alternate account, but got a package bought with store credit, then i guess it is still considered a "fresh new" account for referrals. You need also to make sure when you create those alternate account that you put your referral code from your main, DURING alt account creation. Even if you buy some game package with real money many months/years after, this account would be considered as a new account for RSI (i did that with dormant account that had zero package before and they were counted as referrals when i bought something with them with $ many years after). But that should be tested about having an alt account with some package in buyback bought with store credit, my guess it that it would work also.

You need to note that RSI is sometime purging the list of potential referral prospects that have not bought anything yet, check this thread : https://testsquadron.com/threads/cig-may-be-wiping-dormant-prospects-from-referral-program-a-purchase-will-not-count.18651/

BUT

From your scenario i understand that this alt account ALREADY is considered as a citizen (an account that bought a game package with real money), and probably even a referral for your main account, because for example with your 3rd account you would have bought your warbond MT with real $, then gifted it to your main account, then used the store credit on that 3rd account to buy a 10 years package and then melt it, hoping to give the account later to a friend, in order for him to buy back the 10 years package with real $. In that case that would not count as a referral.

The only way for you to be considered a referral for your friend, is your friend buying a game package with real $ for the FIRST time on this account. Also your referral code will need to be setup on that account during account creation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/15/2021 at 1:45 AM, vahadar said:

Since you bought the MT as a standalone warbond, and if you melt it, for exemple you gift it from your 3rd account to your main account, then you melt it on your main account, YES it will be the same price when you will buy it back (unless you had a coupon when you bought it in the first place, in that case you will have to buy it back the full price, without the coupon reduction), and YES it will stay LTI.

Hi I really appreciate your reply and more importantly for confirming. I guess the only things that will be gone are any paints or flairs that came with the WB Standalone or WB Game Package, right?

But in the case of the WB Game Packages, either or both the SC and SQ42 will still be included when bought back, right?

 

On 5/15/2021 at 1:45 AM, vahadar said:

You can buy it back with store credit and a buyback token (you get one every quarter, not stackable), the MT will then be account bound and not giftable. Or you can invest some more $ in the game and buy it back with real $, then the MT will be giftable again, if that matters to you.

Really, I could buy the WB MT with store credit? I haven't tried that, I only tried to buy back a WB CCU but there were no option to buy it back with store credit even though I had a buy back token, I didn't know that I could buy back a WB standalone with store credit though.

On 5/15/2021 at 1:45 AM, vahadar said:

If you have NEVER bought a package with real money with that alternate account, but got a package bought with store credit, then i guess it is still considered a "fresh new" account for referrals. You need also to make sure when you create those alternate account that you put your referral code from your main, DURING alt account creation. Even if you buy some game package with real money many months/years after, this account would be considered as a new account for RSI (i did that with dormant account that had zero package before and they were counted as referrals when i bought something with them with $ many years after). But that should be tested about having an alt account with some package in buyback bought with store credit, my guess it that it would work also.

Sorry for confusing you there. I will be buying all my LTI tokens by buying WB standalones with LTI but instead of my main acnt my alternate acnts will be buying them with real $ whenever there is a referral bonus like the current ES, just like what I did with my 3rd acnt, and then gift them to my main acnt after 30days, to use as another LTI token, that way I get 2 new LTI tokens for my main acnt, and 1 extra token for every alternate acnt that I make, that I could later offer to my friends, which will just require a game package. Now for the game packages, I plan to just buy them up using store credits when there are those with 10yrs insurance and melt to buy back, so that if my friends wants one of my alternate acnt that has an LTI ship from referral bonus included, they could just pay for the buy back and I gift it to them or if they want an game package with LTI then I could just give them the alternate acnt and they could then buy the LTI Game Package themselves with that acnt

 

On 5/15/2021 at 1:45 AM, vahadar said:

You need to note that RSI is sometime purging the list of potential referral prospects that have not bought anything yet, check this thread : https://testsquadron.com/threads/cig-may-be-wiping-dormant-prospects-from-referral-program-a-purchase-will-not-count.18651/

 

Thanks, but it is very unlikely that CIG will delete acnts' that had actually pledged with real money, even after I gift the ship to my main acnt.

The issue on that thread was that when he came up with the money to buy a game package he couldn't access the old acnt he created for his dad in law (but just a prospect acnt, not a recruit nor pledged acnt).

CIG mentioned in some FAQ that deleting a pledged acnt is a bit harder than an acnt that haven't pledge yet, and frankly they just should not delete pledged acnts even if it no longer has any ships in its hangar, except if the creator requests to delete the acnt of course. Because those acnts had actually pledged with real money, and deleting them is like un-acknowledging a backer, it is almost like a criminal offense. How would you like it if you gave money to an ice cream truck to buy ice cream but after giving the money the seller claims that you did not give any money.

On the other hand, if the acnt had not pledged any money yet, CIG have every right to remove that acnt.

On 5/15/2021 at 1:45 AM, vahadar said:

From your scenario i understand that this alt account ALREADY is considered as a citizen (an account that bought a game package with real money), and probably even a referral for your main account, because for example with your 3rd account you would have bought your warbond MT with real $, then gifted it to your main account, then used the store credit on that 3rd account to buy a 10 years package and then melt it, hoping to give the account later to a friend, in order for him to buy back the 10 years package with real $. In that case that would not count as a referral.

The only way for you to be considered a referral for your friend, is your friend buying a game package with real $ for the FIRST time on this account. Also your referral code will need to be setup on that account during account creation.

Again sorry for the confusion, yes I understand that it is not going to be a referral, since that acnt that I will be giving to my friend was already a referral and was added to my list of recruits when I bought any pledge worth at least $40 using that alternate acnt, in that case the MT LTI WB, even though I will be gifting it to my main acnt. My hope is not to gain another referral using an already referred acnt, but to just give my friend an acnt that I don't need that has an LTI ship in it, that only requires a game package that I either gift to him or he buys his own using that acnt.

Again sorry for the confusion, but the question there is that I should be able to buy back a game package using real money to gift and the SC and/or SQ42 should still be included, right? maybe I would loose some flair or some paints but the SC and/or SQ42 should still be included, right?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, tismoj said:

Hi I really appreciate your reply and more importantly for confirming. I guess the only things that will be gone are any paints or flairs that came with the WB Standalone or WB Game Package, right?

But in the case of the WB Game Packages, either or both the SC and SQ42 will still be included when bought back, right?

Oh no no ! EVERYTHING included in the package is still there when you buy it back, that includes any flair/paint/gear or whatever that was included in the warbond package, in addition to SC and SQ42 or just SC. Sorry if my reply above was confusing you, i missed that concern from you about objects within a pack it seems.

You need to just remember that everything that was in the item you bought is kept (insurance hangar, all items coming as bonus, game access and so on...). Even a reduced price (like promotion package) is kept (when not reduced because of a coupon), and if you do not see the price reduction on buyback, you can contact support to get it back, it is clearly stated in their official FAQ.

 

5 hours ago, tismoj said:

Really, I could buy the WB MT with store credit? I haven't tried that, I only tried to buy back a WB CCU but there were no option to buy it back with store credit even though I had a buy back token, I didn't know that I could buy back a WB standalone with store credit though.

Yes you can buy anything back with store credit as long as you have a buy back token, whether it is a warbond item or not. Maybe it was confusing for you when you tried to buy back the CCU since the interface is the same as when you buy a new CCU. It is during the check out process that you need to add store credit on step 1 if you want to buy it back with credit providing you have a token.

 

5 hours ago, tismoj said:

Sorry for confusing you there. I will be buying all my LTI tokens by buying WB standalones with LTI but instead of my main acnt my alternate acnts will be buying them with real $ whenever there is a referral bonus like the current ES, just like what I did with my 3rd acnt, and then gift them to my main acnt after 30days, to use as another LTI token, that way I get 2 new LTI tokens for my main acnt, and 1 extra token for every alternate acnt that I make, that I could later offer to my friends, which will just require a game package. Now for the game packages, I plan to just buy them up using store credits when there are those with 10yrs insurance and melt to buy back, so that if my friends wants one of my alternate acnt that has an LTI ship from referral bonus included, they could just pay for the buy back and I gift it to them or if they want an game package with LTI then I could just give them the alternate acnt and they could then buy the LTI Game Package themselves with that acnt

That scenario will work 100% for you as a referral between you and your alt, and gifting back the purchased item from your alt after 30 days. I certainly misread your 2nd question in the previous post and thought you were talking about getting a second referral from the same account when buying the 10 years melted pack. Confusion cleared :)

So if i read it again :

On 4/26/2021 at 6:56 AM, tismoj said:

2. Another question, though not as safe as a WB standalone, I also plan to buy with store credits a couple of non-WB game packages, with at least 10yrs insurance, for each of the other acnts, and melt them, and later just in case someone wanted those acnts, like if a friend of mine wanted to get a game package I could offer him one of those acnts and he just needs to pay for the buy back, and he gets an extra LTI ship with the acnt because of the referral bonus. So I should be able to buy back the game packages with the 10yrs insurance intact and gift it to those acnt, right?

Yes you can buy back the 10 years package intact (same as it was melted) to gift the account, buying this 10y pack back with your friend's money, and he gets it and the extra LTI from those dual reward referral you used for your main.
Note that the dual item reward are only recent (since last christmas), before only the guy with the referral code (the sponsor) used to get the item when there was a reward. So lets hope it stays like that now ;)

5 hours ago, tismoj said:

Thanks, but it is very unlikely that CIG will delete acnts' that had actually pledged with real money, even after I gift the ship to my main acnt.

The issue on that thread was that when he came up with the money to buy a game package he couldn't access the old acnt he created for his dad in law (but just a prospect acnt, not a recruit nor pledged acnt).

CIG mentioned in some FAQ that deleting a pledged acnt is a bit harder than an acnt that haven't pledge yet, and frankly they just should not delete pledged acnts even if it no longer has any ships in its hangar, except if the creator requests to delete the acnt of course. Because those acnts had actually pledged with real money, and deleting them is like un-acknowledging a backer, it is almost like a criminal offense. How would you like it if you gave money to an ice cream truck to buy ice cream but after giving the money the seller claims that you did not give any money.

On the other hand, if the acnt had not pledged any money yet, CIG have every right to remove that acnt.

You are 100% right. I mentioned that link in the scenario you were creating alt account not buying anything with it but have one 10 years package in buy back (that you gifted to that alt account somehow so your friend could buy it back after). That is irrelevant to your question now, and only related to my confusion :)

 

5 hours ago, tismoj said:

Again sorry for the confusion, but the question there is that I should be able to buy back a game package using real money to gift and the SC and/or SQ42 should still be included, right? maybe I would loose some flair or some paints but the SC and/or SQ42 should still be included, right?

So to conclude :) Yes everything that was included is there when you buy back something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, vahadar said:

Yes you can buy anything back with store credit as long as you have a buy back token, whether it is a warbond item or not. Maybe it was confusing for you when you tried to buy back the CCU since the interface is the same as when you buy a new CCU. It is during the check out process that you need to add store credit on step 1 if you want to buy it back with credit providing you have a token.

 

The reason I melted my WB CCU of the MSR with a savings of $30, for just $5, was because I saw in a YT video the same thing you said, so I tried it. Well see for yourself

 

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 4.23.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 4.24.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 4.25.06 PM.png

There should have been an ADD link to be able to use Store Credit, just below the ADD link for the Coupon, but as you could see it is missing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@vahadar Thanks very much for all your help, and you even managed to confirm a bug for me to bring up with CIG

But I have just some more questions to ask you.

I am planning to collect to buy back most if not all available future flyable CCUs that I could get this ILW, Alien Week and IAE, for each of my CCU chains.

Now to maximize store credit utilization, I have some CCUs that I plan to buy that is an upgrade from a future flyable ship to another future flyable ship (like an upgrade from a vulcan to a corsair for example), which concerns me.

So my question is,

1. lets say I have an old Carrack CCU when it was still worth $500 and also got a CCU from the Carrack ($500) to Orion ($575) CCU which only cost $75, back then. Both CCUs are in my hangar, for example. Could I still apply them both to upgrade to the Carrack and then upgrade to the Orion, even though the Carrack's price is now $600?

2. would the system allow me to do that?

The thing is I don't have such CCUs so I could not try it (I only gave that scenario hoping to avoid confusion, since I am so good at asking confusing questions). But how I planned in collecting my CCUs will allow a similar scenario to happen in the future, where I could proceed with or totally avoid, if I know the answer to my questions above before I start collecting said CCUs

I hope you or anybody who knows could answer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2021 at 11:25 AM, tismoj said:

@vahadar

1. lets say I have an old Carrack CCU when it was still worth $500 and also got a CCU from the Carrack ($500) to Orion ($575) CCU which only cost $75, back then. Both CCUs are in my hangar, for example. Could I still apply them both to upgrade to the Carrack and then upgrade to the Orion, even though the Carrack's price is now $600?

 

Yes that will work as long as they are in hangar.
That is the mean reason to stock up on CCU and keep then in hangar (or in buybacks, if you bet on the CCU not being screwed up as long as the FROM ship stays cheaper than the TO ship).

If the Carrack to Orion CCU was in your buyback it would have not been possible to buy it back since Carrack new price is superior to Orion price.

 

On 5/17/2021 at 11:25 AM, tismoj said:

@vahadar

2. would the system allow me to do that?

The thing is I don't have such CCUs so I could not try it (I only gave that scenario hoping to avoid confusion, since I am so good at asking confusing questions). But how I planned in collecting my CCUs will allow a similar scenario to happen in the future, where I could proceed with or totally avoid, if I know the answer to my questions above before I start collecting said CCUs

I hope you or anybody who knows could answer

Yes again it works.

That is what i am doing here. I have many thousands CCU in buybacks or in hangar for that purpose only (betting on price jump and maximizing cheap upgrade path) for my personal use and my shop.

All CCU get a "price bump" when the ship is flyable, and also sometime during development. Then you only have to bet on the price jump and buy CCU accordingly. Either buy a CCU from always available ships, or already released ship not always available (limited ships) to an not released ship, or between two not released ship, like in your example with the Vulcan to Corsair.

What might happen if the Vulcan to Corsair CCU is stocked in buyback, and the Vulcan get a price jump first, lets say to 215 (actual Corsair price) or more, then the CCU wont be available for purchase but wont be deleted from your buybacks. And even if the Corsair is released above that 215 (lest say 250 my guess considered past increase like MSR), that CCU would still be invalid for repurchase since Vulcan new price would be superior or equal to Corsair old price (215). So you need to "guess" the price bumps when you want to buy a CCU where the FROM ship is not yet released, compared to a TO ship (released or not released) and make sure the FROM ship potential new value wont end higher that the TO ship value at the time of purchase.

If the upgrade TO ship is not yet released, It is "officially" said a CCU price can jump if the CCU is stocked in buyback, but most of the time it does not jump at all and the cost remain the same as when you bought it.

When the upgrade FROM ship is not yet released and the CCU stocked in buybacks, the new price of the CCU once the FROM ship is released will reflect the new difference between the two ships.

When BOTH ships are not yet released and CCU stocked in buybacks, and once both are released, the CCU will in general adjust its price between the FROM new melt value and TO old melt value of both ships. In that case, a CCU might become invalid if the new FROM melt value is superior or equal to the old TO melt value.

-----

@tismoj I wrote a guide on TEST about a lot of questions you are asking here. It summaries all official FAQs and what i know from experience :

https://testsquadron.com/threads/faq-about-ships-upgrades-and-insurance-for-iae-and-general-fleet-planning.18187/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, vahadar said:

If the Carrack to Orion CCU was in your buyback it would have not been possible to buy it back since Carrack new price is superior to Orion price.

Oh really, I did not expect this. I thought, like in the Carrack ($500) to Hull E ($650) CCU example, that you gave earlier in this thread, that I could still buy the Carrack ($500) to Orion ($575) CCU from buy back.

So that means

1. if the From ship has gone up but is still less than the To ship, you could still purchase and apply it, but still at the same price when you melted it, even though the price of the From ship had gone up, which should have reduced the price of the CCU.

2. And that if the From ship has gone up more the the To ship, then you simply cannot buy it back, like your Carrack to Hull E example.

3. But as long as I have the chain of CCUs from a Flight Ready ship all the way to the future flyable ship in my hangar, I could still apply them all in the future, even if either 1 or both ships increase in any amount of price.

I have several Crucible ($350) to C2 ($360) and several Endeavor ($350) to C2 ($360) in my hangar, I should then make it my priority to secure all the Starfarer Gemini ($340) to Crucible and Endeavor ($350) CCUs to match the all the C2 CCUs I have in hangar, before either or both the Crucible or the Endeavor increases in price.

1 hour ago, vahadar said:

That is what i am doing here. I have many thousands CCU in buybacks or in hangar for that purpose only (betting on price jump and maximizing cheap upgrade path) for my personal use and my shop.

 

That is exactly my plan, to play the long game

1. make sure to at least have all the Target ships for each CCU chain in hangar

2. collect future flyables into buy backs, then gradually buy them back, but from the info I gained in this thread, I don't have to buy back so aggressively, and just leave most in buy back hoping their price don't change.

3. Buy Warbond CCUs having good savings like the recent $5 MSR CCU with saving of $30

4. Apply only when CCU chain's Target ship gets released and if I am sure that I still want it.

45 minutes ago, vahadar said:

If the upgrade TO ship is not yet released, It is "officially" said a CCU price can jump if the CCU is stocked in buyback, but most of the time it does not jump at all and the cost remain the same as when you bought it.

Oh no, I stocked a lot of C2 and M2 last Feb. sale, cause there were not much to put into Buy Back, I hope they do not change. I have 9 x Crucible to C2, 9 x Endeavor to C2, and 14 x 600i to M2, in Buy Back.

Are those considered stocked already?

Cause if Crucible Prices goes up this ILW I plan to replace the C2 CCUs with Endeavor to C2 CCUs from buy back, and on the the other hand if the Endeavor prices increase in IAE, I plan to replace with Crucible to C2. But if the buy back prices adjusts then probably it would be useless.

It so sucks that I just learned all this CCU stuff right after the IAE, I have to wait for ILW and IAE to get everything I want to put into buy back and hangar.

52 minutes ago, vahadar said:

When the upgrade FROM ship is not yet released and the CCU stocked in buybacks, the new price of the CCU once the FROM ship is released will reflect the new difference between the two ships (as long as that CCU was bought with store credit and then melted, if bought with cash most of the time the price remains the same as when bought which sucks).

now this is a nice workaround, but would also mean too costly to stock that many FROM ships (with enough price gap) to induce a difference change in the CCU buy back.

57 minutes ago, vahadar said:

I wrote a guide on TEST about a lot of questions you are asking here. It summaries all official FAQs and what i know from experience :

https://testsquadron.com/threads/faq-about-ships-upgrades-and-insurance-for-iae-and-general-fleet-planning.18187/

I'll make sure to look at it then. As I have learned SOOO many new things that I did not know about in this 1 thread alone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2021 at 1:03 PM, tismoj said:

Oh really, I did not expect this. I thought, like in the Carrack ($500) to Hull E ($650) CCU example, that you gave earlier in this thread, that I could still buy the Carrack ($500) to Orion ($575) CCU from buy back.

So that means

1. if the From ship has gone up but is still less than the To ship, you could still purchase and apply it, but still at the same price when you melted it, even though the price of the From ship had gone up, which should have reduced the price of the CCU.

 

That is not entirely the case, see what i said after in previous post.

If the FROM ship is the one not yet released, the price will be adjusted. For example, last Alien week, Merchantman raised from 350$ to 450$.
If you had a Starfarer Gemini (340) to BMM (350), it is still 10$ if you buy it back now.
if you buy back now a BMM to lets say carrack (600), CCU was 250, it is now 150. This is not true 100% of the time though for oldest CCU. My Hull-E example above still works because Hull-E (650) is still more expensive than Carrack (600), but is an exception since my CCU from Carrack (500) to Hull-E (650) is not adjusted to 50$ but 150$, when it should have, because bought originally with cash and not store credit (this is "my explanation" in that case, but for others it is just because as some point in Star Citizen history, the CCU mechanism changed, and for the oldest CCU even when melted, they do not adjust to newer CCU mechanism (FROM ship adjusting, TO ship not adjusting)).

In your case, and if (unlike in previous post scenario where you said they would stay in hangar thus price are "frozen"), your whatever to Carrack (500) CCU was in buyback, and your Carrack (500) to Orion (575) was in buyback, this is what would happen upon buying them back :
You could still buy the whatever to Carrack CCU at old price when melted and end with a 500$ Carrack (providing the FROM ship new value is less that the Carrack old value at the time of CCU first purchase).
But the Carrack to Orion CCU wont be valid for repurchase any more, since Carrack new melt value is 600 and Orion still 575.

 

On 5/17/2021 at 1:03 PM, tismoj said:

2. And that if the From ship has gone up more the the To ship, then you simply cannot buy it back, like your Carrack to Hull E example.

In my example, new Carrack (600) melt value is still cheaper than Hull-E (650). So that is not the case here.
But yes, as soon as the FROM ship new melt value is equal or superior to the TO ship melt value, you cant buy it back.

 

On 5/17/2021 at 1:03 PM, tismoj said:

3. But as long as I have the chain of CCUs from a Flight Ready ship all the way to the future flyable ship in my hangar, I could still apply them all in the future, even if either 1 or both ships increase in any amount of price.

I have several Crucible ($350) to C2 ($360) and several Endeavor ($350) to C2 ($360) in my hangar, I should then make it my priority to secure all the Starfarer Gemini ($340) to Crucible and Endeavor ($350) CCUs to match the all the C2 CCUs I have in hangar, before either or both the Crucible or the Endeavor increases in price.

Yes, you can still apply the chain of CCU stocked in hangar even if this leads to weird price optimization sometime (if a CCU using two not released ships see the final price difference being less than the original price difference, so you are stuck with a less interesting CCU, like old BMM at 350 to M2 480, and new BMM 500 to M2 520), you can also do it when stocked in buybacks providing intermediate TO ship from a CCU did not get more expensive that the next FROM ship CCU used in the chain. You will benefit from the cost saving of all CCU in the end.

Yes, In hangar price is frozen forever for a CCU (FROM and TO melt prices)
BUT you would need to buy another CCU to those ship (Crucible/Endeavour) when you want to build your C2, and if you do it after their release you will pay the high price because their new melt value will change, the same if those CCU are in buyback and if you do not have other CCU to those ships. So you would need to secure any CCU price if the FROM ship is not released yet. And even for released ships, if you consider the recent Andromeda price bump after the Taurus release (Andromeda is a common base for many CCU, and it jumped from 215 to 240 so some CCU are now invalid, like Andromeda to Hoplite, or less interesting in buyback if you did not secured also CCU to Andromeda).

So in your example, you need to secure your Crucible and Endeavor with the Gemini since they are not flight ready.

  

On 5/17/2021 at 1:03 PM, tismoj said:

Oh no, I stocked a lot of C2 and M2 last Feb. sale, cause there were not much to put into Buy Back, I hope they do not change. I have 9 x Crucible to C2, 9 x Endeavor to C2, and 14 x 600i to M2, in Buy Back.

Are those considered stocked already?

They should be fine, you can even test now since the C2 and M2 new price (400$ and 520$) are already in the upgrade shop. So you can see now that the price from a Crucible or Endeavor or 600i to whatever C2/M2 will not have changed in your buybacks.

But still you need to secure the Crucible and Endeavour price.

 

Here for example my Mole to C2 is still 45 when i check my buyback now, and when C2 new price is now 400.

image.thumb.png.33c85a00a74a8c51c9c2791aec8040db.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, vahadar said:

You would need an Orion price jump at release above 600 to buy it back, and probably at the old price like for my Hull-E.

What, it will still be in the old price, even if the price of the Orion only went up to, let's say, $605, for a $5 difference with the Carrack's new Price $600, you would still pay $75 even if you used store credits, when you initially bought the CCU? Keeping to the same price is okay, if the gap had gone bigger than $75 and you still only have to pay $75 to buy it back, that would be nice.

19 hours ago, vahadar said:

Yes, In hangar price is frozen forever for a CCU (FROM and TO melt prices)
BUT you would need to buy another CCU to those ship (Crucible/Endeavour) when you want to build your C2, and if you do it after their release you will pay the high price because their new melt value will change, the same if those CCU are in buyback and if you do not have other CCU to those ships. So you would need to secure any CCU price if the FROM ship is not released yet.

So in your example, you need to secure your Crucible and Endeavor with the Gemini since they are not flight ready.

 

When I bought those C2 CCUs, I was analyzing the likelihood of either or both of those FROM ships (Crucible / Endeavor) increasing in price might still be unlikely to happen before ILW and IAE, I just hope I am correct in that assumption, and be able to purchase them in ILW and IAE, respectively, without yet any price increase. ILW is just a few days away anyway, and so far the price of the Crucible haven't gone up yet, when looking at the upgrade page, so I am very hopeful to get the Crucible CCU there, hopefully it is still available again this ILW.

20 hours ago, vahadar said:

They should be fine, you can even test now since the C2 and M2 new price (400$ and 520$) are already in the upgrade shop. So you can see now that the price from a Crucible or Endeavor or 600i to whatever C2/M2 will not have changed in your buybacks.

But still you need to secure the Crucible and Endeavour price.

 

I was actually hoping that CIG will update the prices of the C2, M2 in the upgrade page, earlier and I am glad to find out that they do, upgrade it earlier, I thought I will have to wait till Crusader Day to find out. now I could adjust my CCU chains before ILW, which is really convienient

Though I am very much disappointed with the C2's increase, I was really hoping for $60 to $100.

And I am so sad I didn't get a chance to get a CCU for the Tonk,I could have gotten $15 savings for just $5, in that price range, the same with Talon CCU. The only remaining Future Flyable in that price range is the Hull B, hopefully I get a CCU for that in IAE2951 before it goes up. Looking at the Roadmap for the Hull B, looks like they have some tasks for it until Mid-Dec, if that doesn't change to an Earlier date, and hopefully CIG doesn't raise the price in IAE before release, I might still be able to get that CCU, hopefully before it goes up. Not so hopeful for the Hull C, thought the Hull C had already risen in price before, so not so sure how much higher it could go up, but my more immediate concern for the Hull C is that in the Roadmap tasks for it, ends in Mid-Oct, unless it gets delayed, it might release in 3.15.x or 3.16, where I might be too late to get the CCU before it goes up, so sad, but that's what I get for being this late in the CCU thingy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

@tismoj Made a few edits because many mistakes in my previous posts in my explanations. So some of your quotes are not up to date anymore.

In short I modified what I wrote above about price jumps and buybacks :

When the FROM ship new value after price bump or release (or after a bump post release like Andromeda recently) is equal or superior to the TO ship old value (value at the time of CCU purchase), then the CCU is forever invalid for repurchase in buyback, whatever if the TO value will jump higher in the future.

This is the state of CCU mechanism for now (it has been different in the past, it might be different in the future).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, vahadar said:

When the FROM ship new value after price bump or release (or after a bump post release like Andromeda recently) is equal or superior to the TO ship old value (value at the time of CCU purchase), then the CCU is forever invalid for repurchase in buyback, whatever if the TO value will jump higher in the future.

Hey @vahadar, I'm really glad to hear from you again. I can see that you are holding true to keeping your set of rules as updated as possible.

Now about the Andromedea, Yeah, I got really burned there, it was a big surprise to me, everybody that I asked told me that CIG had not raise prices after releasing a ship, even though I had several videos proving that CIG had raised prices but at that time were all just starter ships which wouldn't hurt anyone's CCU chain. So got so convinced that I melted 9 of the 12 WB CCUs of my Andromeda to MSR, for ILW, which really sucked, and to add insult to injury, I refrained myself from putting to buy back any permanent / always available ship like the Andromeda, so now I only have 3 Andromeda to MSR WB CCUs left and only now have I put some Andromeda CCUs into buy back with it's new price which means the $30 savings from each of those WB CCUs are now down to just $15.

But i did not let that pull me down, I quickly re-planned my CCU strategy and now also considers putting always available ships to buy back if it is a FROM ship of any WB CCU or CCU that grants me savings, as I'm no longer taking any chances.

My recent WB CCU loses may seem sad but, the Taurus price was much higher than I expected so I am still very happy about that. And I still have a lot to hope for, much too many future flyable ships that, once increases in price would conflict with those invalidated MSR WB CCUs anyway. As an example, I had bought 5 Ion WB CCUs in ILW that gives me a saving of $20 now, and on release would i hope rise a bit more (but hopefully not equal or more than the $260 MSR). Those 5 Ion WB CCUs could most likely replace 5 of my recently invalidated MSR WB CCUs, since those $30 savings from those MSR WB CCUs could potentially be exceeded by the Ion WB CCUs (now $20 saving + potential future price). And to think that there are still so much future flyable ships in that price range, so I am not so down for losing all those MSR WB CCUs.

But you are right, regardless of how CIG seems to be handling pricing and bumps in the past, and how many are telling me CIG will not do this or do that, I will instead consider all possibilities, from now on, if I could manage it.

And of course that set of rules that you had been maintaining had been very useful, even though I just said I will try to consider all possibilities, situations would still limit what I could put to buy back so your guide helps me determine the least riskiest approach to take, and the best way to maximize using just store credits rather than buying with cash, whenever it is not necessary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Similar Content

    • By Vampier
      I build up quite a long list of available unmelt options on my account.
      I do not intent now or in the future to unmelt them myself but I am offering them here for if anybody want's any of these.
      Price is the unmelt  price itself plus whatever you deem fair as little tip towards me if any. If you just want to pay the unmelt price that would also be ok since this would go towards funding the game. However LTI packages cost extra because they are so rare.
      here are the available unmelt options for game packages that still have both Squadron 42 & Star Citizen with them and additional other items






















    • By Codryn
      The buy back token with credits is live, go in hangar tab at buy back pledges: you have 1 opportunity to buy back a pledge.
×
×
  • Create New...