Origin 400i

Danakar Endeel

And now the mystery has become reality with the release of the flightready 400i ;)

400i_Explore_092021.thumb.jpg.ee5db71d2b8076339b9455c373ffbb4d.jpg

ORIGIN 400i

ORIGIN 400i - Q&A

400i_upgradebanner_crop_092021-min.thumb.jpg.d70f1c3510096ae4467556e6e471fe4a.jpg

(old info below)

Found on Reddit ;) 

• References and some files regarding the Origin Jumpworks 400i have been found.
  • In production since at least late last year
  • The 400i is expected to be a medium, connie-to-tali length vessel. Closer to tali.
  • It will have a similar shape as the 100i - somewhat similar to Padme's ship from SW Episode 1
  • Flat at the back with engine pods/nacelles. Then, tapers to a point at the front.
  • Like many Origin ships, its role will likely be touring or light cargo.
  • There are rumors that the 400i will be in 3.12 as a straight to flyable, however this is unconfirmed**.**

Spoiler

Enginnering/Engineering_Component_dr_L.cga Enginnering/Engineering_Component_dr_R.cga Enginnering/Engineering_Component_dr_small.cga Airlock/ORIG_400i_Airlock_Door.cga ORIG_400i_Bridge_Pilot_Dashboard.cga" ORIG_400i_Bridge_Pilot_Seat.cga" ORIG_400i_Bridge_Seat_Left.cga" ORIG_400i_Bridge_Seat_Right.cga" Crew_Quarters/ORIG_400i_Crew_Wardrobe_Left.cga Crew_Quarters/ORIG_400i_Crew_Wardrobe_Right.cga Doors/ORIG_400i_Door_Airlock.cga Doors/ORIG_400i_Door_Armory.cga Doors/ORIG_400i_Door_Bathroom.cga Doors/ORIG_400i_Door_Bridge.cga Doors/ORIG_400i_Door_EngComponentLockerLeft.cga Doors/ORIG_400i_Door_EngComponentLockerRight.cga Doors/ORIG_400i_Door_Enginnering_Zone_dr_L.cga Doors/ORIG_400i_Door_Enginnering_Zone_dr_R.cga Doors/ORIG_400i_Door_FrontComponentCase.cga Doors/ORIG_400i_Door_Hab.cga Doors/ORIG_400i_Door_Hex.cga Doors/ORIG_400i_Door_Locker.cga Doors/ORIG_400i_DoorVert.cga ORIG_400i_Entrance_Lift.cga" ORIG_400i_Entrance_Ramp.cga" ORIG_400i_GarageDoor.cga" ORIG_400i_Lift_Cargo.cga" ORIG_400i_Lift_Entrance.cga" ORIG_400i_Lift_Garage.cga" Bathroom/ORIG_400i_Toilet.cga Turrets/ORIG_400i_Turret_Remote.cga Captains_Quarters/ORIG_400i_Wardrobe_Locker.cga Bathroom/ORIG_400i_Bathroom_Bin.cga Bathroom/ORIG_400i_Bathroom_Locker.cga Bathroom/ORIG_400i_Bathroom_Mirror.cga

I wonder with CIG's attempt to block leakers from showing new ships before they can show the ships themselves if this leak was intentionally put into the database as a fraudulent *hype* to mislead leakers.  I guess we'll find out in the coming weeks, and I would love to see what this "400" series looks like too.  Based on the leaks, it sounds like it could be a cool ship.

10 hours ago, Buckaroo said:

I wonder with CIG's attempt to block leakers from showing new ships before they can show the ships themselves if this leak was intentionally put into the database as a fraudulent *hype* to mislead leakers.  I guess we'll find out in the coming weeks, and I would love to see what this "400" series looks like too.  Based on the leaks, it sounds like it could be a cool ship.

Yeah, you never know with CIG. And while people were awaiting a CNOU refinery ship and/or Xi'an small cargo ship we got a CNOU Nomad cargo ship instead. :P

At any rate I always enjoy seeing more ships in the 2-4 crew bracket. I'm not really a fan of Origin with that "style over substance luxury tax" approach but they do make sleek looking ships. Would be cool to finally see an actual Constellation competitor from Origin though; especially when the 600i was originally supposed to be that Aquila/Phoenix competitor but grew way beyond proportion.;)

Touring and VIP missions I think are going to be some of the most profitable in game.   Honestly I would really like this ship - but what I have seen so far (in this video) and the thread - I think one of my favorite ships so far (that I have had for many years) - the Phoenix - I don't think it will compare (won't likely have the firepower / military options / snub / armor / etc...).   I also have the 600i and 890 Jump..... but ... but.... argh.... we'll see when it comes out... haha... :)

VoA! If you own a 600i and an 890Jump then you need EVERYTHING! So get to buying ALL the Origin ships now! :P

Seriously though, with this 400i I think Origin as a company will have a pretty solid lineup of ships. Now the gap between the 300-series and 600-series will be closed and they still have the option available for any potential 500-series if needs be. :)

• X1 
  • 85x 
  • 100-series 
  • 300-series
  • 400-series
  • 600-series
  • 890Jump

I'm wondering if they will have variants as well or just the 400i touring edition. 

Looking at the model itself (the white sleek one is apparently the actual model with the other one an older concept design) it looks like it may have the length of a Constellation but may only have the interior space of a Freelancer/Cutlass. Makes you wonder what pricetag they are going to slap on. Between $100-$200 or between $200-$300. ;)

I'm not sold on the looks of the 400i yet, as always will have to wait till it's in game.  I have the Crusader Mercury, but I just wasn't as in love with the current model as I thought I'd be, especially after the extra girth it received.  If it lost the under-belly crawl space and maybe a little bit of cargo area and it wasn't as tall, I think I'd never look away from it again.  But because of that, the Mercury may get traded into the 400i.  

That said, when I look at the currently "released" images of the supposed 400i, all I see this:

icomania-large-278.jpg

I believe this was from the Subscriber's Vault. This appears to be concept art variations that were initially made for the 100-series back in 2018. While these designs were not used for the 100i in the end it appears that they may have set the foundation of what became the 400i.

If you look at "Type 2 Number 7" and "Type 2 Numer 8" it appears that they used those 2 concepts, merged them together, and with it created the design for the 400i. Ofcourse it's now also a bit larger than a starter-ship. :P 

Origin-2018ConceptsBig.thumb.jpeg.22509c2014e1d738c505f287f62fcaac.jpeg

Origin400-concept.thumb.png.e9d663797513bbf3fb55cd0dece06cec.png

From what I've seen from those leaked it appears that the 400i has 2 'tandem' seats on the bridge (similar to Freelancer/Mercury/etc.) so the pilot is off-center. The ship itself looks like it may be as long as a Constellation but the interior volume looks to be more like the Cutlass.

Makes you really wonder if CIG is going to price it at the high end of the Cutlass/Freelancer side at around $175 or in they are going to push more towards the mid-range of the Constellation side at around $275. Personally I don't think they'll try to push their luck at $350 (Phoenix price) this time around as they may want to keep an ace up their sleeve with a potential 500i as a Phoenix competitor. Ofcourse this is all still speculation on my part. :)

Spoiler

From SCLEAKS (nothing verified):

• The 400i was built to compete with the Freelancer and Cutlass as a multi-role vessel with Origin's refined design.
  • The cockpit is the same old origin style with two support seats and a central pilot seat.
  • One support station accesses the rear remote turret.
  • Two engineering zones make up the back, one making up large components and another making up the rest.
  • The exterior entrance uses an airlock.
  • There is a Captains quarters and a crew quarters for two additional members (AKA This is a three man ship)
  • Each bed having its own equipment locker for a crewman's gear.
  • A single bathroom shared for everyone. There is a mirror. No notes of a toilet however implied.
  • A ship armory accessible by a biometric lock accessible by those allowed by the captain.
  • A suit locker for your EVA and armor.
  • These, including the garage make up the 6 primary rooms the 400i (seven if you count the captains quarters as a seperate room).
  • The garage is separate from cargo and is made to store a single G12 series rover. This garage is accessible using a ramp that touches down to the surface.
  • The Cargo area is similar to the 300i in which the underbelly comes down to the ground to allow storage.

Possible loadout:

• 2 turrets with 2xS3
  • 2xS4 with gimbal S3 for pilot
  • 3xS2 power plant
  • 1xS3 shield
  • 3xS2 cooler
  • S2 qdrive

38 minutes ago, Danakar Endeel said:

I believe this was from the Subscriber's Vault. This appears to be concept art variations that were initially made for the 100-series back in 2018. While these designs were not used for the 100i in the end it appears that they may have set the foundation of what became the 400i.

If you look at "Type 2 Number 7" and "Type 2 Numer 8" it appears that they used those 2 concepts, merged them together, and with it created the design for the 400i. Ofcourse it's now also a bit larger than a starter-ship. :P 

Origin400-concept.thumb.png.e9d663797513bbf3fb55cd0dece06cec.png

I agree, it does look like a melting pot of those two variations and then made much bigger.

1 hour ago, Buckaroo said:

Hide contents

From SCLEAKS (nothing verified):

• The 400i was built to compete with the Freelancer and Cutlass as a multi-role vessel with Origin's refined design.
  • The cockpit is the same old origin style with two support seats and a central pilot seat.
  • One support station accesses the rear remote turret.
  • Two engineering zones make up the back, one making up large components and another making up the rest.
  • The exterior entrance uses an airlock.
  • There is a Captains quarters and a crew quarters for two additional members (AKA This is a three man ship)
  • Each bed having its own equipment locker for a crewman's gear.
  • A single bathroom shared for everyone. There is a mirror. No notes of a toilet however implied.
  • A ship armory accessible by a biometric lock accessible by those allowed by the captain.
  • A suit locker for your EVA and armor.
  • These, including the garage make up the 6 primary rooms the 400i (seven if you count the captains quarters as a seperate room).
  • The garage is separate from cargo and is made to store a single G12 series rover. This garage is accessible using a ramp that touches down to the surface.
  • The Cargo area is similar to the 300i in which the underbelly comes down to the ground to allow storage.

Possible loadout:

• 2 turrets with 2xS3
  • 2xS4 with gimbal S3 for pilot
  • 3xS2 power plant
  • 1xS3 shield
  • 3xS2 cooler
  • S2 qdrive

Wow, that's a lot of stuff. So potentially a 3-man ship and a central pilot seat. That would be cool as one of the images I saw looked more like a tandem-seat. Then again it could have been from an older version.

So more Cutlass/Freelancer competitor but then listing 6-7 rooms including a garage? Components are a wierd mix though as I'm not sure why there would be a need for 3 Medium power plants and 3 Medium coolers but then all of a sudden a single Large shield. That doesn't sound Cutlass/Freelancer competitor to me as not even the Constellation has Large components. Almost sounds like a Christmas wish list from some of those guys over at SCLeaks. :D 

Will be interesting to see the price on this thing; especially considering the Mercury that just came out. That one was $225 Concept $260 Flightready and I don't see the 400i coming anywhere close in terms of capabilities. CIG also can't really pull the 'luxury' card this time as the Mercury is almost as luxurious as any Origin ship. So the 400i price should definitely be below the Mercury in my opinion. So $170-$220 would be my guess unless CIG feels particulary greedy this Christmas. :P 

That is the first Origin ship that I actually may want to purchase, out of the entire Origin line.  I would assume that a Warbond version would come with a complimentary G12, which would allow them to start at a $230 price tag and $260-$275 credit price.  We will have to wait and see, especially since they already said that the Talon/Shrike are supposed to be flight-ready in late December, 2020.  Who knows?

MB

2 hours ago, VoA said:

@Danakar Endeel you forget that luxury not only includes high-end styling but also high-end quality components and armor ...therefore that also justifies a higher price point for Origin ships and also the higher price point of the Phoenix versus the other Connie's

True, but I haven't seen much in the high-end quality components as of late. So to me it's now just more of an excuse to put a higher pricetag on without actually offering anything in return. :P

So yeah, they might try for a ridiculous pricetag with their 'luxury' excuse again but in that case I'll just laugh and move on. I have never bought an Origin ship and it's unlikely that I ever will. ;) 

5 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

True, but I haven't seen much in the high-end quality components as of late. So to me it's now just more of an excuse to put a higher pricetag on without actually offering anything in return. :P

So yeah, they might try for a ridiculous pricetag with their 'luxury' excuse again but in that case I'll just laugh and move on. I have never bought an Origin ship and it's unlikely that I ever will. ;) 

Also we haven't seen "really" how armor works in the game but these higher end ships with better Armor (which is mentioned in their brochures) may make a difference.   Not to mention higher end materials often have "both" greater "strength" and "lighter weight" (like Carbon Fiber does).... all this would also justify a higher price point (but you are right we haven't "yet" seen how this plays out in game)

2 minutes ago, Danakar Endeel said:

New size information leaked:

• 32m wide
  • 56m long
  • 12.5m tall

So if true it is potentially almost as big as a Constellation but has less interior volume due to the shape.

Which is why I think I am going to still prefer the Phoenix over the 400i (but we'll see... haha...)

On 12/7/2020 at 12:23 PM, Danakar Endeel said:

New size information leaked:

• 32m wide
  • 56m long
  • 12.5m tall

So if true it is potentially almost as big as a Constellation but has less interior volume due to the shape.

More theory crafting confusion regarding the 400i ....it seems per the leak specs that it should be a competitor to the Constellation... but this video reveals that it's not .....that it would be the 500i ....that would be the competitor to the Constellation..... and the 400i is intended to be a competitor to the Cutlass and Freelancer.

And this video.... Just more speculation however

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 4/2/2021 at 8:48 AM, Painmiester said:

Invisible also,,,,, 

Well, that invisible April Fools joke became visible all of a sudden. Not sure what to think about it though. CIG states it's a competitor to the Constellation-series and Corsair but I notice a distinct lack of firepower and cargo capacity. I guess it's a nice ship for people who want something with nicer amenities compared to the Aquila.

That said, apparently people already complained about its lack of agility (especially in atmosphere; but then again the Mercury was also nerfed into the ground while that one was actually advertised as having incredible agility), its firepower is very anemic and the capacitor is slightly above that of a Light Fighter atm (which feels like a bug as the Mercury had the same issue during a3.14), and I can't for the life of me understand why they went through all that trouble giving the 100-series that special AIR-fuel system and not incorporate it in their 400-series explorer where it would make a lot of sense. 😕

It looks pretty cool though, especially in that Concierge Black&Gold imo. Not sure if I will ever add one to my fleet though but I picked up a $5 Corsair-to-400i Warbond CCU and that black&gold paint with some Store Credit just to keep my options open. :D

ORIGIN 400i

ORIGIN 400i - Q&A

400i_upgradebanner_crop_092021-min.thumb.jpg.e87d423f0885123facacc435b2c690cb.jpg

Several paint options as well, but you can only get the Meridian paint for free if you buy one of the Standalone versions.

400i-paint-options.thumb.png.123684d7585132df23c746843bc7849a.png

I have to agree with others comments on Spectrum about the ship.  The 400i doesn't seem like a "contender" to either the Aquila or Corsair due to its lack of weapons and cargo space, and rather it's a hybrid between a Cutlass and 600iE.  Not a bad design, don't get me wrong, but it's not what CIG thinks it is.  I think that's usually a given these days as CIG's marketing team doesn't seem to communicate with their actual developers, promising the world and giving a continent worth only.

I've been wanting a semi-smaller ship that able to do a few things at once.  I was in love with the Mercury Starrunner--till it became a bulgy ship with (I think) unneeded underneath passage-ways.  I was hoping the 400i would have about twice the current cargo capacity and it would have been right where I'd want it to be.  But alas, the search continues.