Old backer, returning member :)

Good evening everyone !

My name is Armand (in-game : Leon Samuel "Silver Sam" Pryce), I'm 26 years-old and a French-American Roman history student. I do historical reenactment (Roman legion) and play chess on my spare time. I've been a loyal backer and follower of Star Citizen since 2014 but I have never been able to pledge one of the higher tier ships because I'm a student lol, however I do own an avenger titan for solo gameplay and an anvil arrow when I want to join a fleet. I'm really excited about the lore and cultures of Star Citizen, I would like to roleplay as a veteran who retired as an archeologist/historian when he joined civilian life. 

Edit : I just realized now that I first joined this forum back in 2014, I was just graduating in high school back then lol, so many things have changed in my life for the better. I'm hoping to get back into Imperium because of its structure and the stability it offers, perhaps my life experiences have made me more mature than I used to be so I'm looking forward to get acquainted with members old and new. I feel quite old ahah. 

I hope you stay safe in these trying times and long live the Imperator ! 

Best regards,

Leon.

• LifeSword3 changed the title to Old backer, returning member :)
34 minutes ago, Arcanus said:

The pleasure is all ours....

Your profile pic.... is that a wolf skin (fake or real)?  I assume Signifier?

The wolf skin is fake but we have a real leopard skin that, at the time when the picture was taken, is currently undergoing repairs after an unfortunate encouter lol and yes I'm the signifer ;) My end goal is to become an aquilifer (eagle-bearer) but it'll take time. 

12 minutes ago, macgivre said:

Hello / Bonsoir

Welcome back !

So, as an archeologist, do you collect the Vandull Helmet like Obelix ? 😄

spacer.png

Thanks man ! That's an interesting idea you propose here, I didn't even consider it lol but yeah I can totally do that and create a small museum of Vanduul helmets, armors and weapons for the org, wouldn't that be cool ? A bit like the Legacy of the Dragon Born mod if you've played Skyrim.

I remember, back in the days of the old RSI forums, that someone made a lenghty post about archeology and how it can affect the exploration part of gameplay. Similarly, Stellaris, a 4x game, has implemented digsites throughout the game which you could dig for unique rewards and bonuses as well as cool stories. If, they give you the possibility of becoming a bar tender or owning a small shop, then I don't think it's impossible to realize and, you're absolutely correct, would be pretty neat :)