Convert Your Units to Clubs

We've just upgraded to IP.Board 4.5.  Since 4.4 they included the club/unit feature within the core IPB framework vs needing a plugin.  Due to this the plugin creator of Units is no longer supporting it.  

There is no easy way to auto convert them over so I'm asking all of the unit administrators to please convert your unit into a club.  You can do this here: https://forums.starcitizenbase.com/clubs/

Please get these moved over in the next 30 days so I can remove the Units plugin and upgrade our PHP version here to 7.4.

Let me know if you have any issues converting yours over and I'll help as I can.

Hi Gallitin,

Do we need to do the conversion to a club manually and do all members need to rejoin the club?

Or can we just reassign them?

Edit1: Can we get some formatting options for the "About this club" part? A pointer list that shows as one line looks/reads a bit strange :)

Edit2: Do we need to change anything in the portal?

Greets,

Sandje

@Sandje 1. I don't see any way to reassign them, but you can manually add them as I've enabled that setting.

2. For editing the description I don't think so, but you can create a "homepage" for the club now as I've enabled it in the settings.

3. What do you mean by changing anything in the portal?  Can you link me so I can check out?

On 9/20/2020 at 11:52 AM, Arcanus said:

I took care of Quasar last night sir! 

Is there anything you need us to do with the Unit pages afterwards?

Nope I’ll close them out once it’s all done and move any topics over. 

5 minutes ago, Riley Egret said:

What happens if the procedure isn't complete after 30 days?

I would like to be able to remove the plugin.  It's preventing us from upgrading to PHP 7.4 and it's no longer supported.  Clubs is fully integrated with the IPB suite and maintained officially by IPB.

Just now, Gallitin said:

I would like to be able to remove the plugin.  It's preventing us from upgrading to PHP 7.4 and it's no longer supported.  Clubs is fully integrated with the IPB suite and maintained officially by IPB.

Absolutely, I just asked since sometimes admins are somewhat.... lethargic

Just now, Gallitin said:

Yeah I won't blow away anyone's unit unless no other choice, will reach out via PM first as well.

In any case it won't be hard to remake the unit from scratch when the games is ready to go online properly; besides I doubt the picture we have now is what we will have then

On 9/24/2020 at 1:52 PM, Gallitin said:

will reach out

You can do an @ members and touch everyone with a disclaimer that it is only for admins?

No one left behind if they are still active in any manner.

And if they are being slack on activity, one of the Unit members can wake them up? - DRUM out

Just now, Drum said:

You can do an @ members and touch everyone with a disclaimer that it is only for admins?

No one left behind if they are still active in any manner.

And if they are being slack on activity, one of the Unit members can wake them up? - DRUM out

Yeah I can do that as well, also emailed all Unit leaders.

So far I really like the integration and setup of clubs better than Units, what do you guys think?

20 minutes ago, Gallitin said:

Yeah I can do that as well, also emailed all Unit leaders.

So far I really like the integration and setup of clubs better than Units, what do you guys think?

I already put an @Unit Admin out to all Unit Leaders on Discord, and Fintz (Unit Support Staff) has offered to help anyone with the transition that needs assistance.  I can do it again in a week or so (I don't want to bombard people so much that they just ignore it).

As far as the integration goes, I do think that the Club features offer all (or at least MOST) of the functionality that we had before, but we have a link right at the top of the page for Units, when we are ready to "flip the switch" can that take us to Clubs instead?

4 minutes ago, Arcanus said:

I already put an @Unit Admin out to all Unit Leaders on Discord, and Fintz (Unit Support Staff) has offered to help anyone with the transition that needs assistance.  I can do it again in a week or so (I don't want to bombard people so much that they just ignore it).

As far as the integration goes, I do think that the Club features offer all (or at least MOST) of the functionality that we had before, but we have a link right at the top of the page for Units, when we are ready to "flip the switch" can that take us to Clubs instead?

Ah thanks for doing that on the mention.

Yes I'll change that to clubs once everything is transitioned.  If there is lacking functionality in any way please let me know so I can take a look and see if it's easily added.

I see the following have been converted and I've moved all of the topics over to the new club.

Please confirm below if it's alright to delete your old unit so I can get these cleaned up:

Lantern Watch - @Sidhe Drac Mac Gillean

NJighthawks - @Fintz @Dave189

56th Joyriders - @Rain2reign

205th. Capital Battlegroup - @Adoulin

Reaper Squadron - @Sandje

Quasar - @Arcanus @Morgenroete

Nebula Heavy Industries - @REIGN-11-87

East Anglia Company - @Zepheris @Kraan Rastaban

Star Hawks - @Silveryn @ChiefWarrant @GeraldEvans

Hydra - @Nevermore

17 hours ago, Gallitin said:

I see the following have been converted and I've moved all of the topics over to the new club.

Please confirm below if it's alright to delete your old unit so I can get these cleaned up:

Star Hawks - @Silveryn @ChiefWarrant @GeraldEvans

Confirmed. Thanks for your continued work.