STAFF Ulf-CIG@Skelting-CIG Welcome Hub & Guide System Feedback Thread
The Star Citizen universe is vast, and your first steps can be a bit overwhelming. One of our current goals is to soften the learning curve and help prepare new players for their life among the stars.
The first two of our initiatives working towards this, the Welcome Hub & the Guide System, just went live.
As this is only the beginning, we’ll be monitoring Guide interactions and relevant data closely, and are looking forward to further improve the experience alongside all of you.
Whether you’re a new starter or a veteran: check out the new system, lend each other a hand and let us know your thoughts in this thread. TRANSMISSION
NOVEMBER 22ND 2019
Welcome Hub & Guide System Lead The Way
The Star Citizen universe is vast, presenting players with the opportunity to be whoever they want to be, but getting started can be a bit overwhelming. One of our current goals is to soften that learning curve, and help prepare new players for their life among the stars. We’ve got a lot of exciting initiatives in the works, the first two of which we’re happy to introduce you to now: the Welcome Hub and Guide System.
The Welcome Hub presents a variety of ways to help you get off on the right foot navigating the 'verse.
Play: If you prefer a hands-on approach, our Guides System is the way to go. Jump into the verse with an expert Guide who will be with you every step of the way, helping you learn the ins and outs of Star Citizen, or sharpen a particular skill. Watch: Go at your own pace, and allow our video tutorials to guide you through your first steps into the ‘verse. Read: Learn anywhere, anytime with our comprehensive knowledge-base. Start with the basics, then explore over 1000+ articles covering everything you need to know about Star Citizen.
Veteran players who want to help onboard new players into the ‘verse can sign up to be a guide from the Guide System interface.
Star Citizen veterans are out there, taking matters into their own hands, acting as informal guides for an ever-growing number of new players. Inspired by these altruistic deeds, evidenced by countless Spectrum recountings, as well as our own experiences out in the ‘verse, we developed this system to make helping new players an easier and more rewarding process for all of you who take the time to provide a truly hands on learning experience.
New players can pick from the following categories and decide what they want to learn:
Basics: Master the basics of traversal, on foot or in a vehicle. Vehicle Combat: Hone your abilities in vehicular mayhem, on the ground or in the air. FPS Combat: Gear up and sharpen your skills in on-foot combat. Mining: Learn the intricacies of mineral excavation for fun and profit, on foot or in a ship. Missions: Find out how to locate the most lucrative contracts and business opportunities in the ‘verse. Trading: Become a deft interstellar merchant and reap the rewards. Touring: Discover the finer points of touring the galaxy, from exploring popular locales to uncovering mysterious secrets. Miscellaneous: Want to learn something not covered in the previous proficiencies? You’ve come to the right place.
Excited about what you see? Well, this is only our first iteration, and we’ve got big plans for the future. Check out some of the content still in the works: In-game Guide System integration In-Game Guide identifiers (patches, armor, and more) A robust Guide rewards & incentives program And more!
With the deploy of this new system, we’ll be monitoring Guide interactions and relevant data closely, which will help inform further improvements to the tools. While additional incentives and rewards are still under development, we’re going to tally up all Guide interactions between now and January 1st, 2020, and will award the top Guide in each proficiency category with a special prize, to be announced soon. It should be noted that we have the ability to monitor and verify all Guide interactions, and will disqualify any players attempting to game the system. This is only the beginning, and we’re looking forward to building this out further alongside all of you. Let us know your thoughts – we’re looking forward to hearing your feedback on Spectrum. Lastly, we want to take the time to thank all of the Guides out there who take the time to help others. Community is the foundation of everything we’re building, and you’re at the core of that. END TRANSMISSION
Spectrum Update - the big thing is friends.... - this was posted on July 4th - but I missed it (and its important)
STAFF Schala | Turbulent@Schala_Turbulent Spectrum 3.8.0 release notes
Pinned Discussion July 4th at 3:46 pm Spectrum [3.8.0] - [2018-07-04]
Hello everyone! We have some cool new features in our latest build for you:
Friends, the Quick Access sidebar, and the ability to add a "Message of the Day" (MOTD) to chat lobbies.
- Notifications, Search, and Lobby Users have been moved to a Quick Access sidebar
- New and refined Settings page
- Member profile popup can now be accessed from the blocked users list by clicking on a member’s avatar
- The display of embedded medias in messages has been slightly tweaked
- Friends! You can now send friend requests to add other members to your friends list. Your friends and friend requests are easily accessible through the Quick Access sidebar. When you receive a friend request, you will see an orange dot on the friend icon at the top right. You can sort your friends by status or alphabetically, and see information about their activity. You can also group your friends by common orgs.
- Lobbies can now have a “Message of the Day” (MOTD). These show up first thing when someone joins the lobby. The message supports markdown link syntax.
- Under general account settings (blocked users), you can now hide the author of blocked thread replies.
- Embedded media titles and description should no longer overlap on other UI elements
- You will no longer see reactions from blocked users
- Max character error message showing wrong limit in the thread editor has been fixed
- Member profile no longer stays open when clicking an action
- Images pasted using URLs that have a query string will now work properly
- Limitations: you can have 800 maximum friends. This number is inclusive of pending friend requests.
- Your friends in-game will be linked to your Spectrum friends in the future. Currently, your Spectrum friends list and the list of your friends in-game coexist independently of each other.
- When the game is integrated with the Spectrum friends system, your in-game contacts will not be copied to your Spectrum friends list.
- Use this transition period to add your in-game contacts to your Spectrum friends list.
We are Black Star Initiative!
Black Star Initiative is a UEE Aligned Anti-Piracy Private Military Corporation with 60% our focus on combat related security of UEE Space and 40% towards all other non-combat roles.
We use a structured branch to organize players more efficiently. See link: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Yc7m8bP8Izeg6x2QbtwaqqpmnMk1gtY1SRPLu9kM3mY/edit#slide=id.p3
We do require all of our members (Non-combat also) to be willing to fight on notice as we are firstly a PMC and all other non-security jobs provide the backbone of operations.
As well, we understand your primary gameplay focus might include additional non-related gameplay, IE A Primary focus on Bounty Hunting and a Secondary Focus on Agriculture.
Our Hot List of combat and non-combat roles in-need: Fleet Bomber Crew/Bomber Pilots, Medics, Weapons Operators(Turrets/Torps), Boarding Ship Pilots.
If any of the above fits planned play-style please note when responding. We are however also non-specific currently.
Interested to know more?
Join us on our Discord: https://discord.gg/0Vq6b9nrXiNhOlPn
More Info: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/50177/thread/tbsi-black-star-initiative
Official RSI Org Link: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/TBSI
This is a playlist of all currently available Ask The Devs Breakdown a currently nine part video series which focuses on information straight from the developers on Spectrum. Feedback is more than welcome and I hope y'all enjoy!
It looks like when the old forums die, SimPits won't be a thing in Spectrum.
Please add your vote here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/5/thread/spectrum-layout-tags Look for Third's entry at February 21st at 4:54 am