RSI Perseus

Devil Khan

I thought there wasn't a citcon(basically everything) this year as the whole covid-19.

Anyway, slightly longer and it looks like beefer guns and heavy weapons port and starboard. There is mention of the raising armor.

2 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

I thought there wasn't a citcon(basically everything) this year as the whole covid-19.

Anyway, slightly longer and it looks like beefer guns and heavy weapons port and starboard. There is mention of the raising armor.

I think there will still be a Citizencon to some degree but this year it will probably all be done digitally via Twitch with talk panels and stuff instead of also having people at a venue. At least that's what I recall. :)

While I think the leaked image is interesting at the moment, there really is not enough detail and hard facts to make me want to throw money at the screen.  This will be a ship that requires a crew with good communication and will thoroughly disappoint those that think they can solo a corvette or larger ship in the verse.  Hopefully, we will hear more in the future and this leak will give us something to look forward to at this year's Citizencon or Holiday sale.

MB

• 4 months later...

Not sure if this is legit but I found this over on Reddit. Also, it's no longer called the Odin but the Perseus. Guess maybe CIG thought that a demigod monster slayer was a better fit than the Allfather. :P

RSI-Perseus.thumb.jpg.64b36b0ed5171850365d9cc3c3c3af61.jpg

I must say that if this is actually going to be the RSI ship I like it very much. I always wanted a corvette-sized warship with a central bridge on top overlooking the main body and having a large caliber deck-gun. :) 

I feel like this might give me more enjoyment than the Nautilus mine-layer. I already had an extra Carrack available for CCU but I guess I'll just hang on to my Carrack-to-Nautilus CCU for now and get me a Carrack-to-Perseus CCU as well. That way I have options for when the time comes to apply one. :D 

RSI-Perseus2.jpg

• Devil Khan changed the title to RSI Odin/Perseus
  • Devil Khan changed the title to RSI Perseus
5 hours ago, Morgen Black said:

That would be a nice compliment to my RSI Polaris.  I wonder if they will limit or actually turn off the CCUs after a period of time, like they did for the Polaris?

Danakar Endeel, where did you happen to see the above mentioned screen shots, I looked on the website but nothing at this time?

MB

4 hours ago, pyro nl said:

wait where did ya get that from, discover preoject perseus, have not looked at star for a longtime, but that looks nice

I've been scrounging around on Reddit as well as Spectrum for any and all information regarding the Perseus; especially stuff that is not readily available. The top screenshot was allegedly from an email only a select number of backers received. The person claimed it was in an email that was only sent out to Legatus Navium level backers ($25k+). Not sure if there's any truth to that though as it doesn't really make sense that CIG would contact just the handful of mega-backers over a $600-$675 ship. Instead you'd think CIG would send the email to all Concierge backers instead of the top1% of Concierge. :P

The bottom one was apparently either from the same email or SCLeaks and I have no clue where they pull their stuff from. I'm guessing they datamined it off the main website? Perhaps Turbulent already has the store page and such ready to go but hidden? :)

Nothing new as of yet. Just wanted to share another image I found. It's not as detailed as the action shot posted earlier but I like the angle. :)

Perseus9.thumb.png.28fbd06ab966afde7e079a1a5009b0cf.png

There has been a lot of speculation as to the size and what those strange door-like contraptions are on the sides. Personally I believe the Perseus will be slightly smaller than a Hammerhead but not by much. As for those doors, LeadnapGaming over on Youtube had an interesting thought when he noticed some items floating among the debris that looked like barrels. So perhaps the Perseus has the space equivalent of depth-charges that it can launch out from those side doors? :D

Perseus-DepthCharges.thumb.jpg.41f1f56eca47de0d72a237823aff6258.jpg

"deep charges" on a space craft. It is not used by most navies 😄. Still, the lack of guns besides the two turrets and two PDT.

However, there are the unknown pieces on both side. Still they would be intresting if there is something there for a possible missile/torp launcher where we taught were turrets on the side. Still know nothing until RSI day. So I def don't think that the ship got a huge increase in size, because of the trusters looked the same as on other large ship.

I am hoping for a nice brochure like they Polaris had during the initial sale.  I do like that the bottom turret is the same exact size as the top turret and that they both can fire directly to the starboard and port to cover broadside attacks without interference from the hull, according to the pics noted above.  We will have to wait and see, but I most definitely will be snagging this one.

MB

source.jpgsource.jpg

source.jpg

source.jpg

source.jpg

source.jpg

source.jpg

source.jpg

source.jpg

source.jpg

source.jpg

source.jpg

source.jpg

PERSEUS

source.jpg

LEGACY OF AUTHORITY

Thanks to fringe expansion and the ongoing Vanduul War, security breaches and incidents at high-traffic jump points are more common than ever. When considering a modern solution for civilian and paramilitary operations, we looked to our past; to the historic Perseus gunship. Capable of shredding sub-capital-class goliaths, the mere presence of a Perseus in a blockade or patrol squad is enough to make your most aggressive enemies think twice before engaging… just like its vintage namesake.

MANUAL TURRETS

MAXIMUM ARTILLERY

Internally dubbed “sub-cap slayers” during the first tours of duty, four massive Size 7 cannons spell big trouble for big ships.

source.jpg

REMOTE TURRETS

FRONTLINE DEFENSE

Four bow-mounted ballistic cannons can be fully automated or remotely-controlled, keeping incoming ordnance at bay.

source.jpg

TORPEDOES

HEAVY ORDNANCE

A user-friendly, military-inspired launch bay packs a stockpile of up to 20 Size 5 torpedos.

source.jpg

CARGO

STOW YOUR PAYLOAD

We've expanded the cargo hold of the original Perseus to accommodate varied payloads and even vehicles up to and including an RSI Rover.

source.jpg

SKIPExpandREPLAY VIDEO

Explore the RSI Perseus

source.png

source.png

source.png

Orlop Deck

Gun Deck

Bridge Deck

Cargo Bay

The spacious 50 SCU cargo bay offers enough room for a small vehicle up to and including an RSI Rover.
PREVNEXT1 / 3

source.png

THE PERSEUS BY NUMBERS

Nearly identical to the historic military original, get to know the new Perseus. 

• LENGTH100m
  • WIDTH50m
  • HEIGHT21m
  • MAX CREW6
  • MAX CARGO CAPACITY50 SCU
  • MAX SCM SPEED92 m/s

Size 5 Heavy ordnance. under whelming to say the least.

The weapons, cargo, shields etc etc don't align with the same price Polaris (as far as I remember). Don't get me wrong, it's a good ship for attacking (and not defending same reasoning with the Polaris, but She has 5x S4s and 1x Size 5). I think think the the price is too high. I might get one in CCU though shaving a few bucks off though heh.

One thing I've got to look up are the stats on the Polaris again. I'm growing tired of these ships. While they look extremely pleasing to the eyes their function is sort of lacking. CIG, seem to think that we(plural for obvious reasons) will have several ships all bunched together traveling around. These ships would be deathly, just only a very narrow list of possible targets.