Posted (edited)

I got this game back in April 2019, played for a few days then lost interest.  Had some friends decide to get back into it so I decided to try to play again New Years Eve.  I re-downloaded the launcher and wasn't able to log in.  I went to the website and tried and that failed as well.  I did the account recovery and changed the password.  That got me into the website but I was still unable to log in to the launcher.  I've repeated these steps multiple times, tried following the help guides from the support section including deleting the user folder in the game directory.  It's the same thing every time.  Website login fails, launcher login fails.  Account recover, change password.  Able to get in to website, launcher fails.  If I log out of the website and try to log back in, it fails.  Submitted a support ticket, but no response yet.  Hoping someone here might have an idea how to fix this.  I'll try to attach screen grabs of the errors I get.

InkedScreenshot_3_LI.jpg

Screenshot_2.png

Edited by JohnBigsby
spelling fix

Do you have specific caracters in your password ? 

If there is an authentication problem already on the website, the problem might come from the password itself.

Do you had a validation of your computer (you receive an authentication code on your webmail to "activate" your computer) ?

1 hour ago, macgivre said:

Do you have specific caracters in your password ? 

If there is an authentication problem already on the website, the problem might come from the password itself.

Do you had a validation of your computer (you receive an authentication code on your webmail to "activate" your computer) ?

I do, I use a combination of capital and lowercase letters, numbers and different characters such as !@#$%^*&

I use email authentication to recover the account. 

Are you saying I should try using different characters in my passwords?

A few things could be affecting you.

1. Sudden login after dormancy.

2. Password that doesn't take with the launcher for some reason.

3. Keyboard specific issues (i.e. capslock, regional keyboard issues with ones like Chinese characters, sometimes Windows randomly changes my keyboard to the EU one where Shift+2 changes the @ symbol to something else)

4. Potential block on your account due to suspicious activity.

5. Incorrect use of username vs tag name. You're unable to have your username MATCH your gamer tag, so if you're putting in the incorrect one, it could be wrong. (e.g. you can't have JohnBigsby as your userID AND as robertsspaceindustries.com/JohnBigsby.)

So far, you appear to be following the correct steps, so either you can try changing the password AGAIN to something that uses different special characters and see if that fixes the issue, or you can wait on the support ticket from CIG.