suter1972

new player General question before purchase

So my (online) friend and I (hes in Turkey, im in UK) want to get into Star citizen but would like to play together, be in the same ship together, walk around planets or stations together etc.

I have two questions before we invest –

1. Is the above even possible?
  2. Is the game persistent yet? I hate working up a character only for it to be wiped in a month or so.

We love what weve seen on the various youtube vids but just wanted to check whats actually possible rather than sales pitches at games cons etc

Planets: Yes, most of that is possible. There is enough moving between planets to keep you occupied for a while. New star systems are not far off.

Persistence: Not yet. CIG is aiming to reduce the number of times progress is wiped between patches, but for now persistence is in its infancy. There will likely be a major announcement for what is going to be the final wipe, whether that be at the end of the alpha or beta.

Still though, I'd recommend he get a starter ship like a Mustang and the two of you can see if he likes it or not. There is enough variety to the game right now that someone can tell whether they'd like it or not. There is only more content and systems to be added, so if he doesn't like it now, he probably won't like it later. Better to figure that out before a starter pack becomes more expensive closer to release.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Garrett42
      Hello! I am a new arrival to the star citizen scene and absolutely love this game so far.  I am 23 years old and an Industrial Engineering major. (statistics, logistics, organizational flexibility, even some coding) I am rather competitive in my gaming and also like playing in groups. Feel free to HMU for crewing your larger ships!
    • By Justicar
      Hey! I have been waiting for this game to come out for years now. Lost track of how long. Very much excited about 3.3 I have been planning to get serious when ships become buy-able for a long time. I have a long track record of leadership in video games stretching back over a decade. Starting with a WoW guild back in the day, moving up through the years into Planetside 2 as an outfit leader, H1Z1 survival as a leader, ark survival evolved as a tribe lead and finally to what I'm doing now, team captain of a Heroes of the Storm team; proudly making headway in the pro scene. I'm here at Imperium to prove myself as a leader and competitive hardcore player. I want to rank up and have my own command. My hangar includes currently a mustang alpha, avenger titan, anvil hornet, an aurora and a constellation andromeda. I have a beast rig that I want to use to become a regular streamer. Outside of all that I'll be joining the USAF soon, assuming some minor obstacles are addressed properly. Looking to work in engineering. In Star Citizen I aim to kick it off as a trader, expanding into every aspect of the game though. My goal is to be a strike group leader. I want to help head our fleets! It would be my dream to bring my experience down to bear as one of our esteemed commanders in time. I know I'm new here, but I plan to stay, and make my mark on this organization. LETS BE THE BEST! LETS PUT TEST TO SHAME! 
    • By Blout
      Hello everyone, 
      My name is Blout, And I am new the "verse" I don't know allot about it just yet. I am interested in learning however. I have a couple of ships and would love to meet someone that can show me how to become and ACE pilot, and make the credits I need to expand my fleet. I do have a discord but have not been able to find the discord information. So if you know what it is please send it to me. I appreciate the time you took to read this and look forward to flying with you.  

Recruit Blout
    • By f9shooter
      Hi i just joined not really sure what im suposed to do.
    • By Hamner
      Hey guys . I could use a hand getting my game set up right  . I have an mid range Asus rig  and a fare video card so I'm happy there . I just traded my Mustang for  an Arora MR and it hasn't shown up yet . It's been 24hrs  so I'm not sure if it's a time thing and i should wait or if there's a code i need to put in . Last thing is I have an X55 Rhino and I'm looking for the best way to set it up . So if you guys have any helpful links I'dd appreciate it .