Agro Mole

VoA

1 hour ago, Brightmist said:

John Crewe confirmed that Mole will have 3x S2 mining heads compared to Prospector's S1 mining head.

Mining heads are also in the game, sold at vendors according to Evo leaks.

From newsletter:

tavern_upload_large.jpg

so six times the mining power and just twice the space for ore .... bah, without some compressing gimmick its seems a ship not very useful without  the constant help of one hauler 

Ummm the Reclaimer is a refinery and has drones. Granted you'd loose your bag.Don't forget, the prospector and mole don't have a refinery, but do process the stuff in its system.

See the problem is that the actual roles out what they had on the concept. It was basically had to land and then mine. And the bags were dropped on to the ground.

The saddle bags can be picked up by the argo  tracker and at current state none of the hull could pickup in space. As have stated hulls couldn't use ships to land/take-off. Still as with the game there will be more and more mining stations to handle the stuff such as refining ore. The only two ships are reclaimer and the orion (which I hope to god, won't fudge up like 600i)

On 12/7/2019 at 6:15 AM, Metternich70 said:

so six times the mining power and just twice the space for ore .... bah, without some compressing gimmick its seems a ship not very useful without  the constant help of one hauler 

The Mole is clearly intended for cooperative gameplay, particularly Orgs. While the Prospector does have collapsible storage pods that can be detached and hauled separately, the Prospector is intended for solo players who will fly the ship back to port to unload and sell the extracted ore. Whereas the Mole is intended to remain at the mining location and rely on hauler ships to transport the ore pods and sell them. If players setup an organized logistics operation, the Mole's relatively smaller storage capacity should be a non-issue, ideally.

The simplest, smallest, and most efficient mining operation I envision is a Mole operated by a crew of 4, paired with a 1-2 seater hauler ship, like a Freelancer. I think it's possible to equip the Freelancer's rear turret with a tractor beam (if it's not, it should be), which will allow the Lancer to load the ore pods into its cargo hold. The Lancer will load up all 4 pods and then fly to the market to sell them. By the time the Lancer returns, there could be 4 more ore pods ready to haul. It might even be possible to reduce the player requirement down to 4 total: 3 miners and the 4th player can load and fly the Lancer.

The only question is WHEN will tractor beams become functional? Because without tractor beams, there doesn't seem to be any way to unload a Prospector or Mole on-site, and transfer the ore pods to another ship.

That is the whole idea with ore not refined and metal which is refined. They both have the same thing orion and reclaimer. Except the reclaimer just has to sort out the scrap with drones only. The orion has just belt feed, the drones just bring they into range of tracker beens. Both have the same end product, refined ore.

4 hours ago, Painmiester said:

Hope the cost aint over 200 ea   

Is that 200 euros? Or "each"?

Considering that the Prospector is $140 (or was, originally), the Mole must be over $200 USD -- which is roughly 230 euros. I predict it will be $250 to $300 because the Orion was originally $325 and then it doubled in size and is now $575. The Mole will fit into that large multi-crew ship gap, alongside the Constellation, Retaliator, and Hull-C.

After watching the link the mole is pretty large inside extended crew stay.. 

it should be a big seller. i might pop its cherry this week red   for christmass

will Santa be there for you this year.....

Edited by Painmiester
Added text

4 hours ago, Painmiester said:

After watching the link the mole is pretty large inside extended crew stay.. 

it should be a big seller. i might pop its cherry this week red   for christmass

will Santa be there for you this year.....

@Painmiester you and anyone in Imperium is welcome to join our weekly Bloon Moon Unit meets every Monday @ 6pm PST

but i feel like there going to pop the cherry on the mole  with the leaks and the twitch streamers getting the exclusive lookie lou   its  likely to be here before christmass  

now this lvl2 mining head 5 diff mining heads

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17409-Inside-Star-Citizen

its will pop.....