M.O.L.E

Logo Argo Astronautics
  • DISTINCT STYLE

• POWER MINING

• MULTI-CREW

MULTI

CREW

Three independently controlled articulated extraction stations allow for maximum power and near-limitless versatility. The MOLE lives by the adage ’many hands make for light work’.

Get the job done with the ARGO MOLE.

EX PLO RE

Argo Mole ship
  • A1
    TRILATERAL MINING

Minimize hassle and maximize profits with ARGO's patented trilateral mining mode.

• A2
    MINERAL CAPACITY

24 mineral pods, each holding 12 SCU, ensure nothing valuable is left behind (flying capacity: 96 SCU).

• A3
    CREW CAPACITY

Travel to the most fruitful locations in comfort with comprehensive crew facilities for four.

• A4
    HARDWARE

The outsized power plant gets the job done without the stress of overheating.

• A5
    POWER

Size 2 laser heads have twice the range of the MOLE's competitors for safer, more versatile mining.

• A6
    CONTROL

Find the perfect position with nuanced controls and ARGO's most intuitive interface ever.

MOLE BY THE NUMBERS

• LENGTH
    38.5 M
  • WIDTH
    17 M
  • HEIGHT
    8 M
  • MAX CREW
  • NUMBER OF PODS
  • MAX CAPACITY
    288 SCU

1 / 7

• source.jpg
  • source.jpg
  • source.jpg
  • source.jpg
  • source.jpg
  • source.jpg
  • source.jpg
Upgrade to an ARGO MOLE
and take your mining game to the next level!

Logo Argo Astronautics
  • store_small.jpg
    ARGO MOLE CARBON EDITION - WARBOND- Standalone Ship
    $275.00 USD
    IN STOCKMORE INFOADD TO CART

ARGO MOLE
    Carbon Edition

Exclusively for Concierge members, the Carbon Edition offers the MOLE's revered mining ability with a distinctive all-black finish. Includes Lifetime Insurance.

• store_small.jpg
    ARGO MOLE TALUS EDITION - WARBOND- Standalone Ship
    $275.00 USD

ARGO MOLE
    Talus Edition

The MOLE Talus Edition boasts the same mining proficiency as the standard ship along with a more discreet gray skin. Includes Lifetime Insurance.

• store_small.jpg
    ARGO MOLE - WARBOND- Standalone Ship
    $275.00 USD

ARGO MOLE
    Warbond

Work faster and more effectively than ever before with ARGO’s iconic multi-crew miner. Includes Lifetime Insurance.

• store_small.jpg
    ARGO MOLE- Standalone Ship
    $315.00 USD

ARGO MOLE

Work faster and more effectively than ever before with ARGO’s iconic multi-crew miner.

Industrial Revolution Pack

Launch your empire in the stars with these industry-focused ship packs.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's likely that I'll CCU the Prospector (though I do really like the ship and have had fun with it mining) to the Mole.   We do know that the Mole has a refining operation on-board which sets it apar

More PU pics of MOLE   +++  This image makes me even happier that I CCU'd my Eclipse to get the Mole as oppose to my Prospector... Size Comparison (Mole and

I agree that they are getting lazy with the special skins (but as you know it has to do with lack of assigned developers - since there are other higher priorities).   What this sets up though as you k

Posted Images

The bottom front cockpit/arm is the fugliest of any ship I've seen tbh. I though there was 3 turrets during CitCon, and "he" said the same number of buckets but can use them all with out dropping them off. basically 2x. 

Don't get me wrong I think that is a beautiful ship, just that's a horrible mole on the front. 

Why should a large ship if it can only carry 2x the load of the prospector.

It's strange that CIG would reveal the Argo Mole during IAE but not put it up for sale until 3.8's release. I guess they're committed to their new sales strategy of making new ships immediately available to fly. That's certainly better than having a concept sale and the ship taking years to develop, but it still seems strange for CIG to withhold a new ship when we long-term backers prepare ourselves (and our wallets) to buy new ships during the anniversary sale.

The Mole is an interesting design -- the Argo style guide is very distinct -- but I don't like that it so closely resembles the Prospector. It seems like the pilot will still be operating the drilling laser, so what does the rest of the crew do? When I heard the rumours that CIG was developing a multi-crew mining ship to fit between the Prospector and Orion, I assumed that it would have multiple drilling rigs operated by different crew members. But the Mole seems to only have the one drilling rig on the front, just like the Prospector. It even has the expanding saddle bags for resource storage.

I suppose since we know virtually nothing about the Argo Mole that I should reserve judgment. I expect that CIG will explain the value proposition of a multi-crew mining ship when the Mole is released for sale.

sounds like it will be a christmas item. or a bit after.

Since the prospector every one has been expecting a med miner.  the bonus is that it can refine,  and land on a planet  will make this a hot item

for the miner that can afford the cost.  225-350 mark, prolly a 2-3 man crew.

but it does look like an spartan industrial ship- no frills.

13 hours ago, Reavern said:

I suppose since we know virtually nothing about the Argo Mole that I should reserve judgment. I expect that CIG will explain the value proposition of a multi-crew mining ship when the Mole is released for sale.

It's likely that I'll CCU the Prospector (though I do really like the ship and have had fun with it mining) to the Mole.   We do know that the Mole has a refining operation on-board which sets it apart from the Prospector.   Honestly I don't think it should have it...... but this is CIG (since only Penultimate ships have it).   I think it won't have any drones however like the Orion and probably not the mining volume / processing speed of the Orion.

Where does it say that it has a refinery? I never came by that info.

0qNSGpb.png

Because there was a concept slide for a refinery ship during CitCon (during one of the off-camera panels, I didn't go to CitCon tho):

V0NwAaW.jpg

This one's a concept for a refining ship that they pitched at CitCon.

It looks like they want chutes/pods to be ejectable so they can be tractor beamed in and transported by other ships to refineries or other similar processing facilities.

@Brightmist I think you are right about the Argo Mole not having a refining operation (and honestly I hope it doesn't and is reserfved for the Orion or a Large Mining ship (like this concept 4 (which is how people got confused) - it is not the Mole

Citizencon 2949 Concept Ships

S6bYZnkg.png
Ground Mining Vehicle
akc7R0Mg.png
Xian Cargo
cFZAkLig.png
Tevarin Light Fighter
FH9VvU0g.png
Starter Refinery Ship

On the subject of mining, standardized mining chutes and tractor beams, Cutlass and Caterpillar will likely be the ships to grab those chutes with their tractor beams and haul them around on top of the future dedicated refining ship or ships or ships with a refinery like Orion.

Other known ships with tractor beams are 315p, Argo SRV, Orion and Reclaimer.