VoA

Tesla CyberTruck

On 3/21/2020 at 9:52 AM, Boildown said:

Yeah but I think we have at least a couple more weeks of bad coronavirus news, and that's assuming the country starts getting its head out of its ass and starts to contain it.  The longer we don't have widely available tests the longer I'm a bear on the market.

Ya but we have a ridiculous amount of Stimulus now.... "Unlimted QE" by the FED and likely a $2 Trillion Stimulus Package from Congress.   I am calling it right here at least for Tesla - it is up most of the way from here on out (and its up today and 2.55% in after hours ;) )

On 3/21/2020 at 9:52 AM, Boildown said:

Yeah but I think we have at least a couple more weeks of bad coronavirus news, and that's assuming the country starts getting its head out of its ass and starts to contain it.  The longer we don't have widely available tests the longer I'm a bear on the market.

Hopefully you have had a chance to get in or follow Tesla's stock lately.  It has been outperforming the broader market significantly recently.   There is a lot of really good news for Tesla especially in China and maybe their new Gigafactory in the USA (Missouri is offering them a $1 billion incentive) :)

I've been watching it defy the market more often than not lately.  I haven't sold nor bought.  Thought the low would get lower... I can't imagine people are buying cars, and the areas where they make cars are both hotspots for the Virus... or at least warm spots waiting to go hot.

I still think the broad market has a lot more downside, although clearly we're past a local minimum.  The things that will happen are a relaxing of quarantine steps followed by a new spike of virus cases followed by a new longer quarantine.  And right around then companies will start releasing the most dismal quarterly performances that we've ever seen.  But all that doesn't mean that Tesla will follow suit, as we've seen lately.