Tesla CyberTruck

VoA

4 hours ago, Painmiester said:

Does it come with a optional roof bezel ring mount .system....above the rear seats.

Not sure why you would want to store anything on the Roof of the CyberTruck....... especially with the panoramic Aluminum Glass on the Roof + the Tonneau Cover at the Vault (bed) with the potential of them being solar collectors (and even with solar wings as Elon has mentioned on Twitter).

There are many options to store things (most haven't been explained well) + trailer / toy hauler options.   I go over this in the video below that I produced.   Let me know what you think?

• 1 month later...

Hopefully people who are interested in buying stock took my advice to by some Tesla (TSLA) + it is likely that Tesla will blow away expectations on Wednesday after the bell.   I am not a financial advisor but I did visit the Fremont Plant on a tour 2 weeks ago 😍

I also just found this Star Citizen Meme which I laughed at....

mooyoknu6gd41.jpg

I think a beat is already built into the price.  They'll have to beat by a surprisingly large margin to make the stock price go up. I definitely wouldn't be putting myself in a position to rely on the price to increase in the short term.  I think, if I were to play the market, I'd do one of those things that profits from the stock moving in either direction.  The one thing I think it won't do when earnings are released is stay where it is now.

11 hours ago, Boildown said:

I think a beat is already built into the price.  They'll have to beat by a surprisingly large margin to make the stock price go up. I definitely wouldn't be putting myself in a position to rely on the price to increase in the short term.  I think, if I were to play the market, I'd do one of those things that profits from the stock moving in either direction.  The one thing I think it won't do when earnings are released is stay where it is now.

You are only looking at it from a technical point of view.   The Fundamentals are HUGE and many aren't even aware of most of them (including most analysts) - but keep in mind I am not a financial advisor.

• I've come up with 18+ industries that Tesla disrupts (most company's you hope they disrupt One Industry) - some of the clues are below but I also have a video coming out on Saturday with this detailed under my YouTube Channel - Solaris Architects
  • Tesla just needs to post a profit this Quarter (showing 1 year of profitability) + the First Quarter of this year and then it will be included in the S&P 500 where ETFs will passively invest into it.
  • Tesla is much closer to Self Driving than most realized (once Tesla beats everyone else to it - it is Game Over for many legacy car makers including ride sharing companies like Uber and Lift)
  • Shanghai Gigafactory was built MUCH faster than expected and is already delivering vehicles way ahead of schedule
  • Berlin Gigafactory looks like it will be approved and under construction soon.
  • Solar City, Hibar, Maxwell all contribute to Telsa's bottom line and all are doing phenomenal including Tesla soon to announce a game changer for the Batteries on Tesla Battery Day - which will likely be announced on the conference call (this alone will send the stock soaring)
  • Tesla can now sell upgrades (like extra range or extra power) with an over-the-air software update and they have been doing this (and people are buying it) - no other car company does this.
  • Tesla now has Netflix and other entertainment options with their computer screens in the cars.
  • Tesla produces chips and were able to beat NVIDIA for speed with their chips (so they don't have to outsource computer software or hardware)
  • I just visited the Fremont Factory two weeks ago and they had a full assembly line going with the Production of the Model Y which is expected to outsell all other Tesla Models.   Wall Street has been expecting it to be released this Summer not now.... (see my two videos on this below)
  • There is much much more......

Yeah purely technical analysis there.  But if there was any disappointment, they could have easily given back the recent gains in stock price, we've seen this story many times already.  But that said, it looks like either I was wrong or they beat even inflated expectations... after hours the stock surged another 6% (as of this moment).  I haven't even looked to see if the numbers or good or not.

Edit: The numbers look good and they're even executing well in solar and batteries, for the first time ever.  Y is ahead of schedule, China factory is ahead of schedule and they're going to scale it faster.  3 production numbers have totally destroyed any remaining "demand" short thesis.  And the stock price is up another 6-7% after hours.  I think this is looking like a hard short squeeze.  I'm kinda kicking myself for not doing the straddle/strangle that I "knew" would work in my post 15 hours ago... I just never did one before but I don't know if I'll ever prescient another chance like this one again.

Edited by Boildown
looked at the numbers

16 hours ago, Boildown said:

Yeah purely technical analysis there.  But if there was any disappointment, they could have easily given back the recent gains in stock price, we've seen this story many times already.  But that said, it looks like either I was wrong or they beat even inflated expectations... after hours the stock surged another 6% (as of this moment).  I haven't even looked to see if the numbers or good or not.

Edit: The numbers look good and they're even executing well in solar and batteries, for the first time ever.  Y is ahead of schedule, China factory is ahead of schedule and they're going to scale it faster.  3 production numbers have totally destroyed any remaining "demand" short thesis.  And the stock price is up another 6-7% after hours.  I think this is looking like a hard short squeeze.  I'm kinda kicking myself for not doing the straddle/strangle that I "knew" would work in my post 15 hours ago... I just never did one before but I don't know if I'll ever prescient another chance like this one again.

It's now up 12% in the after hours and in 45 minutes Elon Musk will do the conference call and we'll see some more surprises...... 

It's all about research but you are right it is also about the short squeeze.   My YouTube Channel (see videos in prior posts) for Solaris Architects doesn't focus on Tesla (however I do reveal my research about Tesla) ....... and I've been doing a bunch of research on Tesla since I pre-ordered the CyberTruck on its unveiling.

Obviously I am a very happy camper today - I actually risked 100% of our cash available (normally I am diversified) - based on the confidence of the research.   What is unique about Tesla is they do no advertising..... and there is a broad community of enthusiast (like me) that help show their product and as a company.   All of Elon's ventures synergize with each other really well and I think as Trump mentioned about Elon - he's the Thomas Edison of our time :)

Here are my notes from the conference call per my video - 

On 2/4/2020 at 8:12 AM, Boildown said:

Squeezing hard again today.  Touched $900 and is now just below it.  I think there will be a "wtf are we doing?" moment at $1000 and it'll have trouble breaking through that.

Looks like it settle around $750 per share which is still quite high (and why I became a day trader)..... but it will likely hold that level (maybe dropping a bit as the 1st Qtr Earnings approach)...... then it will be off to the races with  the Earnings report and Battery Day.

Tesla announced a secondary stock sale, diluting everyone's shares by 1.6%.  The stock price went up almost 5% today because of improved financials instead of down 1.6%. I find that funny, but not unexpected, it happened last time they sold stock too.

26 minutes ago, Boildown said:

Tesla announced a secondary stock sale, diluting everyone's shares by 1.6%.  The stock price went up almost 5% today because of improved financials instead of down 1.6%. I find that funny, but not unexpected, it happened last time they sold stock too.

I missed out on a BIG opportunity with this..... I had stock yesterday and sold it before it dropped around 780..... then I told my wife I was going to buy it back in the morning (after hours showed it as low as 730)..... and then it shot up to 800.......... and I never got around to buying it back as I should have.    I knew the Tertiary (they did it before) was actually a smart move for Tesla and Jim Cramer on CNBC said so as well (with Tesla taking advantage of the high price)..... but was worried most of the day.   That stupid "worry" cost me a bunch of money since I kept waiting for a dip that never came........ and I am still out of the stock (on / off  day trading it).   Will definitely go in full Long position around April when they do their 1st Qtr earnings (which actually shouldn't be great since it is their worst Qtr typically but will still surprised)....... and Battery Day is in April.

Sell an option to buy shares at the price you want with expiry in a month or so. If it expires worthless you keep the money you got from the option sale, if its executed you get the stock at a price you don't think you can now get. The risk is that the stock might be even cheaper than that, but as of this moment you'd be willing to pay that price, so that'd be a hindsight 20/20 thing.

I'd do this myself but options come in 100 share bundles and that's just too damn much money for me to be dabbling in.  Of course, I have shares so the option I'd sell would be to sell my shares at a price higher than what they'd go for today, that I would (today) be willing to sell at.  That said, I should go see how much one option contract for a strike of say $1200 or so goes for.

Edit: This strategy also means you stop day trading it, because you need to have the money to buy 100 shares per option contract.  Day trading is stupid anyways, unless its your profession. And the volatility just dried up this week so its not even lucrative any more. Just make some longer term plays and spend your mental energy elsewhere.

Edited by Boildown
caveat

2 hours ago, Boildown said:

Day trading is stupid anyways, unless its your profession. And the volatility just dried up this week so its not even lucrative any more. Just make some longer term plays and spend your mental energy elsewhere.

I normally agree with you 100% and would rather keep and hold a stock........ and normally I don't invest 100% of my portfolio into One Stock (normally I am diversified)....... but in Tesla's case there are too many Upside Surprises coming (including Analyst Upgrades - at least their price targets) since the stock has stabilized at these higher levels.

However....... in this case..... I'll be long 100% into the stock - day to day....... then I'll use margin to buy dips and sell that margin position that day or before it records (2 business days later - so I don't have Margin Interest).   If it runs up to far too fast then I'll sell my entire position (thinking that volatility will return).   Since I work from home and I am my own boss - I can monitor it easily at different parts of the day and since I am currently only focuses my research on what I consider a Generational Stock....... it is a little safer at these levels to inch out whatever I can with buy low - sell high during the day or during a volatile cycle....... that way I am less susceptible to after market swings (unless I am holding from a position knowing that there is more likely to be good news relative to the current stock price).   For instance if it climbs near 1,000 again...... I would only be comfortable with that after Battery Day already hit the news....... up until then I would rather be long at these levels but out of the stock at 900-1000 unless I can play it day by day.

However like Charlie Munger (partner to Warren Buffet) said - he would Never short Tesla at this stage since they are stable with their cash now and growing with little to no competition (the legacy car makers are 2-3 years at least.... behind Tesla + Tesla has other advantages as I point out in my videos)

-----------

Also how I justify this risk is I am not only well researched into the fundamentals........ but I already have a lot of profits from Tesla - that even if it were to drop big on one day and I decided to hold...... that it wouldn't likely be enough to wipe out my profits (even with a margin position).  :)

Tesla Cybertruck Pre-Orders Unofficially Top 500,000

The group counting the pre-orders consists of Tesla owners and has no affiliation with Tesla. The tally is self-reported.
TONY OWUSU
1 HOUR AGO
  •  
  •  
  •  

Tesla (TSLA) - Get Report was roundly criticized when it debuted the Cybertruck back in November thanks to the pickup truck's unconventional design and a failed durability test that left the demonstration vehicle with a cracked window.

But three months later, the company’s gamble on the vehicle could be paying off as the unofficial Cybertrucks Owners Club released numbers suggesting the vehicle has received 522,764 preorders in just three months.

The group also compared Cybertruck preorders to Model 3 preorders, saying the Model 3 only received around 518,000 total reservations between its unveiling in April 2016 and August 2017.

These again are unofficial numbers, and the idea that the Cybertruck has more pre-orders in three months than the mass market Model 3 had in nearly 18 months makes some people skeptical of the number. Tesla didn't respond to a request for comment.

“The last time Elon Musk disclosed Cybertruck reservation figures was on November 26, 2019 when he tweeted that 250k pre-orders had been received,” the group’s message board said. “That means approximately 272k orders have been received in the 12 weeks since his last update; compared to the 250k reservations received in the first 5 days of ordering.”

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/tesla-cybertruck-pre-orders-unofficially-top-500000?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO&yptr=yahoo

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Boildown said:

Welp. What price did you get out?

Been day trading but on the long side not short side and I am actually doing pretty good - like today - bought it near its low and it spiked mid day and sold it :)

Not good to hold stocks overnight in the current market but that will change with the hopeful (and likely) "V" shape recovery.    A bunch of stimulus just hit the wire from the Fed, , Europe, Mexico.... and it should have been the bottom but there is political infighting in Congress on the stimulus package (once that hits then we'll likely be at the bottom)

I'm having a tough time determining how low this can go.  Would like to double up, but don't want to have to wait 4 years to see upside on it if it takes a long time for the price to recover past what I can get it for today.

22 hours ago, Boildown said:

I'm having a tough time determining how low this can go.  Would like to double up, but don't want to have to wait 4 years to see upside on it if it takes a long time for the price to recover past what I can get it for today.

My suggestion would be continue to day trade the stock until things settle down (but don't hold it overnight)..... however...... Tesla will have a disappointing (probably the last Quarter they will ever have - for a long time at least - where they won't be profitable)...... but with how low the stock is we might see a bounce on this 1st Qtr report - but I wouldn't gamble it.

The time to jump in would be right after the 1st Qtr report........ and definitely before Batter Day (Elon sad sometime in April).... after that Telsa will be on a TEAR UPWARDS !!!!

Remember they sold $2 Billion Dollars worth of stock when it was $760 and that's while sitting on $6 Billion cash.... so they are in good shape.

Other Legacy Car makers may be in much worse shape then Tesla and it may help Tesla out in the long run (survival of the fittest)

After hours gave back another 7%.  I think we've got more downside, looking to sell some options Monday next week assuming the pattern holds.

Risk is that a government bill might mess up the timing, as every time congress and the president does anything, it moves the price back up.  Obviously I want to buy at the lowest price so my interests in doubling up on Tesla conflict with the interest of defeating the virus and saving lives. What a world.

20 hours ago, Boildown said:

After hours gave back another 7%.  I think we've got more downside, looking to sell some options Monday next week assuming the pattern holds.

Risk is that a government bill might mess up the timing, as every time congress and the president does anything, it moves the price back up.  Obviously I want to buy at the lowest price so my interests in doubling up on Tesla conflict with the interest of defeating the virus and saving lives. What a world.

Actually the after hours down 7% was short lived and it was up much of the day today but faded like the rest of the stock market.   You can tell the strength of the stock though on how much it increases in a down day and when the market goes negative and Tesla basically only falls a little below flat line - I think it is sign of a bottom for Tesla.   Most investors know there is huge news with Battery day in April the only thing that really counters that (as far as the company goes) is the 1st Qtr results but this will likely be one of the fastest recovery stocks.   

Yeah but I think we have at least a couple more weeks of bad coronavirus news, and that's assuming the country starts getting its head out of its ass and starts to contain it.  The longer we don't have widely available tests the longer I'm a bear on the market.