Anvil Pisces - Small Explorer

Buckaroo

I must say that the Pisces actually looks very cool! I do wonder if that image is the C8 or the C8X. I'm guessing this one is the standalone C8X as it has 4 guns on it and the article is referring to this one as the "souped-up edition of the classic snub explorer". 

• ANVL_Pisces Manufacturer: Anvil Aerospace Focus: Exploration / Pathfinder With its compact frame, deft maneuverability, and seating for three, the C8 Pisces snub craft, included with every Carrack, is built by Anvil Aerospace for scouting ahead or exploring environments inaccessible to its larger carrier ship.
  • ANVL_Pisces_Expedition Manufacturer: Anvil Aerospace Focus: Exploration / Pathfinder Sporting more guns and a limited-edition livery, the C8X Pisces Expedition turns the stout snub into a perfectly viable standalone exploration vessel. With its compact frame, deft maneuverability, and seating for three, the Pisces Expedition is ready to take on its own adventures.

I really like the look of this thing... It may replace my 325a.  Maybe.

My guess based on all the info/speculation found out there...

• The C8 will have 2x S1 guns mounted on the wings, 1x Utility mount on the nose for a scanner
  • The C8X will have 4x S1 guns mounted on the wings and on the nose (this would match what the 85X is outfited with including a "turret" style mount that holds 2x S1 guns)
  • Both would have 3 seats, rear ramp exit, and a Quantum Jump drive (like the 85X).  No jump engine.

So it seems the Pisces will indeed have a quantum drive. The image below also appears to be the stats for the standard C8 Pisces that comes with every Carrack as it is listed with 2 S1 weapons (and 2 S1 missiles) while the C8X Pisces appeared to have 2 extra S1 guns (instead of the missiles?) :)

Pisces-specs.thumb.jpg.fd932408205244e4fa6706e0c4508f52.jpg

Pisces-specs2.thumb.jpg.30c3d471fec5abbd395338f9b2af3577.jpg

I'm pleasantly surprised, because the Pisces is a lot of ship for a "snubfighter". The fact that it has 2 jump seats and 4 SCU of cargo suggests that it has an internal cabin, which I never expected for a snub. I wouldn't be surprised if it also has one bed, to permit safe logouts. I expect it'll come with a quantum drive, and can be upgraded with a jump drive. Because the stated purpose is that Pisces can go where the Carrack cannot, presumably because it's too big -- like small jump points. Players might prefer to chart a new jump point using the Pisces instead of risking the Carrack. In order to do that the Pisces would need the capability to equip a jump drive.

It would be nice if CIG allowed us to upgrade our Carrack's included Pisces to the C8X model, rather than requiring us to buy the C8X as a standalone ship. It seems strange that the C8X model has extra guns, because the "Expedition" title implies it's better equipped for exploration, not combat. I'd rather CIG created a 3rd model of the Pisces focused on combat, and equip the Expedition with upgraded exploration capabilities, like a jump drive, improved sensors, and larger fuel tank. But I suppose I should reserve judgment until the Pisces is properly announced.

On 11/22/2019 at 6:03 PM, Reavern said:

I'm pleasantly surprised, because the Pisces is a lot of ship for a "snubfighter". The fact that it has 2 jump seats and 4 SCU of cargo suggests that it has an internal cabin, which I never expected for a snub.

Considering it's made as a snub fighter for an exploration vessel, it HAS to fulfill a number of roles. It'd be the one of the only ways to bring supplies aboard on a long journey. Not to mention it would be integral as a location scout to bring surveyors down to scope out a landing area.

I'd really like to see if it's possible to swap out an Idris' Argo for one of these. It's far too versatile a ship to not want one.

Not really a fighter, just a snub explorer. Although you'll likely be able to kill small-sized NPC ships in any similar sized spacecraft packing weapons.

Max. 4x S1 on C8X weapons and really slow attributed SCM velocity at 140 m/s.

4 SCU in combination with possible future exploration related ship systems with the ability to seat 3 makes it a really good ship tho.

source.jpg

source.jpg

source.jpg

udn31c46in041.png

https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/anvil-pisces/C8-Pisces

Suggested Pledge :

Enhancing the standard C8 explorer with added firepower and a limited-edition livery, the C8X Expedition turns a stout snub into a capable stand-alone vessel, ideal for exploring tight spots and unique environments inaccessible to larger ships. Its convertible cargo hold adds to the versatility, with room for two passengers

This 2949 IAE edition comes with an exclusive Lifetime insurance contract

ANVIL C8X PISCES EXPEDITION - WARBOND - IAE 2949– Standalone Ship
$40.00 USD
ADD TO CART

THIS PLEDGE INCLUDES :

• Anvil Pisces - Expedition
  • Self-Land Hangar
  • Lifetime Insurance

Other Options :

ANVIL C8X PISCES EXPEDITION - IAE 2949 – STANDALONE SHIP
IN STOCK
ADD TO CART
$45.00 USD
ADD TO CART
$55.00 USD$60.00 USDSAVE$5.00 USD
C8X PISCES EXPEDITION – UPGRADE TO THIS SHIP

UPGRADE

Pisces C8 (left) vs Pisces C8X (right) | Livery and color comparison

nyzjs5n88o041.png

19 minutes ago, Debonair said:

Just took a look at my C8. 2 of 4 gunports loaded with Omnisky III.

ScreenShot0052.thumb.jpg.79afd9d0bca7972c58ad5f0280f27b2c.jpg

Thanks for posting this info. The fact that the base C8 has the 4 weapon slots but only 2 guns are equipped is very useful information. Adding two S1 guns to the Pisces is nothing — hardly worth $20 extra.

I wonder if some of the components are different between the C8 and C8X? If the C8X has a better power plant, engines, shields, and sensors, then maybe the extra $20 would be justified. But it seems like CIG is trying to trick Carrack owners into shelling out another $20 cash — because the $20 upgrade is Warbond-only — to upgrade a FREE snubcraft with a couple of pea shooters and a new paint job.

No thanks. :P

I compared the Pisces to my 325a I already own and figured the Pisces doesn't really bring much more to it other than a couple more seats (which honest is something I wish the 300 series had).  Still, the Anvil Pisces is a cool little ship with a lot of capabilities, and I decided picked up the Pisces package (w/LTI) anyways as I thought it might be a good stepping stone to a future ship.  

37 minutes ago, Buckaroo said:

I compared the Pisces to my 325a I already own and figured the Pisces doesn't really bring much more to it other than a couple more seats (which honest is something I wish the 300 series had).  Still, the Anvil Pisces is a cool little ship with a lot of capabilities, and I decided picked up the Pisces package (w/LTI) anyways as I thought it might be a good stepping stone to a future ship.  

Just flew the Pisces on a mission and it is very nimble with good speed (much more than I thought) - but you are right in your analysis.   If you could choose between a 325a and a Pisces then I would choose the 325a....... however....... if exploration is your thing then the 315p might be more appropriate.

16 hours ago, Reavern said:

Thanks for posting this info. The fact that the base C8 has the 4 weapon slots but only 2 guns are equipped is very useful information. Adding two S1 guns to the Pisces is nothing — hardly worth $20 extra.

I wonder if some of the components are different between the C8 and C8X? If the C8X has a better power plant, engines, shields, and sensors, then maybe the extra $20 would be justified. But it seems like CIG is trying to trick Carrack owners into shelling out another $20 cash — because the $20 upgrade is Warbond-only — to upgrade a FREE snubcraft with a couple of pea shooters and a new paint job.

No thanks. :P

As it stands now both the C8 and C8X have identical components and hardpoints. Only difference I see is that (apart from the white skin) the C8X has all 4 hardpoints fitted with Omnisky IIIs stock while the C8 has 2 hardpoints fitted with Omnisky IIIs and 2 empty hardpoints.

Also, the S1 guns on the C8 and C8X are FIXED! However, they do accept those S1 gimbal pucks. So if you want 4 gimbal S1 guns you just have to add some pucks before you put the weapons back on. :)

C8 Pisces
  • Cooler: 2x Bracer (MILITARY-C)
  • Powerplant: Regulus (MILITARY-C)
  • Shield: Shimmer (STEALTH-C)
  • Quantum: Expedition (CIVILIAN-C)
  • 2x S1 Marksman I missiles
  • 2x S1 Omnisky III guns
  • 2x S1 empty hardpoint (see edit)

C8X Pisces Expedition
  • Cooler: 2x Bracer (MILITARY-C)
  • Powerplant: Regulus (MILITARY-C)
  • Shield: Shimmer (STEALTH-C)
  • Quantum: Expedition (CIVILIAN-C)
  • 2x S1 Marksman I missiles
  • 4x S1 Omnisky III guns

EDIT: Apparently the 2 empty hardpoints on the C8 was not intended. 😒

C8-2hardpoints.thumb.png.6f17dc40f758f632ff7a47ba4087483e.png

• 2 weeks later...

Anvil Pisces Q&A

Q&A: Anvil Pisces

Following the reveal of the Pisces from Anvil Aerospace, we took your community-voted questions to our designers to provide you with more information on the recently unveiled mini-explorer.

Does the Pisces have special scanners or just a generic one like any non-exploratory ship?

Pisces_Space.jpg

The Pisces comes equipped with a regular radar and scanner that can be upgraded and changed. Originally, the Pisces was designed to operate within range of the Carrack, so it didn’t need any exploration-specific items as it could share the mothership’s radar data.

Will the Pisces be able to detect mineable rocks or other things an exploration shuttle should be able to detect?

As standard, the Pisces cannot detect mineable rocks, though the scanners can be upgraded to do so. Currently, the detection of mineable rocks and other items is tied to specific radars and scanners, so any ship with these equipped will be able to detect them. In the future we plan to experiment with enabling all scanners to do this, with dedicated scanners having better range or sensitivity.

What level of exploration capacity does the C8X have? Should we expect it to be on par at finding things with the Origin 315p, or is it mostly for very short-range use? Is the exploration capacity the same between the two variants?

The Pisces is designed for much shorter duration expeditions than the 315p due to the lack of onboard facilities, such as a bed and toilet. Historically, it operated out of the Carrack, so had no need for these as the crew would return to the mothership. The exploration capability between the C8 Pisces and C8X Pisces Expedition is identical.

When Whitley’s Guide talks about the Pisces having ‘convertible cabin space’,
what do you mean? Will the Pisces have more variants/customization options for the interior, such as medical facilities, beds, more cargo space?

Pisces_Hangar.jpg

The convertible cabin space reference was placeholder text from a previous interior revision of the ship where the jump seats impinged on the cargo space. This is no longer the case and has been removed from the website.

Will both Pisces models be able to equip a bed and sacrifice the cargo grid?

There are no current plans to enable additional interior modifications or release new variants of the Pisces.

Will the C8X Pisces Expedition come stock with a Jump Drive, and can the normal C8 Pisces equip a Jump Drive?

Neither variant comes equipped with a Jump Module (the device that attaches to a Quantum Drive to form a Jump Drive) as standard. However, both can be equipped with one.

A useful feature for an away ship would be an autopilot that can send it back to the Carrack and call it down. Any plans for something like that?

This is an oft-requested feature and while we don’t plan to implement it soon, we are considering it for review further down the line.

Will the Pisces get headlights?

Yes. This was an issue in Alpha 3.7.2 that has been fixed for Alpha 3.8.

Will there be a gun rack able to fit firearms larger than a pistol?

Pisces_C8_Microtech.jpg

There are no current plans to add additional interior modifications to the Pisces.

Will it be possible to refuel the Pisces’ hydrogen and QT fuel tanks from the Carrack when it’s in the hanger?

Yes. The Carrack (and other ships with dedicated hangars) will be able to refuel ships that are landed correctly within them from their own fuel reserves.

Will the Pisces get a life support component and can it build up atmosphere inside?

Yes. Like all other ships with interior spaces, there will be a life support item to replenish the atmosphere inside the ship.

Will the Pisces be well armored to safely carry my Carrack crew to places and wormholes?

While it’s not the most armored of ships, as it’s expected to be used for exploration in hostile environments, it is more resistant than other ships of its size.

Will there be an in-game upgrade path from the Carrack’s C8 Pisces to add the two additional weapon hardpoints?

Aside from a few limited-edition ships and variants, all vehicles can be earned standalone in-game.

Will the Pisces float on water?

EXT_Pisces_Cave_112019-Min.jpg

It is not envisaged that the Pisces will be able to float on water due to its weight and construction.

Can the Pisces deploy from the carrack while inside a jump “tunnel” to explore alternative paths?

This is not recommended as the Jump Drive itself helps stabilize the entry and exit of the tunnel. Launching a ship mid-transit will likely not end well for all involved.