2949 Intergalactic Aerospace Expo (IAE)

LowZone

2 hours ago, Buckaroo said:

Do we think this'll start tomorrow (Monday)?  I'm really looking forward to it as well!  I flew over to ArcCorp yesterday in preparation of its start...

I personally suspect the Aerospace Expo (and Anniversary Sale) won't start until saturday the 23rd. Citizencon will be held on saturday the 23rd of November and my guess will be that the Aerospace Expo and Anniversary Sale will kick off during Citizencon. :)

Here is an image from the previous Aerospace Expo from 2018. That one also started on the 23rd of November. As CIG has now rolled Citizencon and the Anniversary into one this year I suspect that everything will start on the 23rd.

Anniversary2018.thumb.png.a13d11cd6c3f858e232e022d90fe3dfd.png

12 hours ago, Reavern said:

I agree, the Anniversary Sale will most likely kickoff when CitizenCon starts.

I'm just wondering what new ship(s) CIG will surprise us with this year.

Nothing big so far but it seems someone found this entry:

C8X-Pisces.thumb.jpg.f82bddac13ffbae43afd4ca110995e51.jpg

So apparantly there will be 2 versions of the Pisces:

• C8 Pisces
  • C8X Pisces Expedition

Not sure what the differences will be as it could just be a different skin but it sure looks like there might be a Pisces variant getting sold as standalone. So the Pisces might be this year's Anvil Arrow in terms of affordable small (LTI token) ship. 

Apart from that I haven't seen any leaks regarding other potential new ships for sale just yet.

13 hours ago, Buckaroo said:

Interesting find on the Pisces.  From what I recall, it's supposed to be a snub ship that comes with the Carrack, right?

Could it be more?

Yeah, the Pisces is the small scout ship that comes stock with the Carrack and may be a straight-to-flyable ship at the Anniversary (similar to the Anvil Arrow last year).

It looks like CIG will now also be offering the Pisces as standalone; kinda like how CIG also sold the P-52 Merlin and P-72 Archimedes snubfighters as standalone ships at some point.

Not sure how viable the Pisces will be to fly on its own though as it is still unclear if it will have a QD or not.  :)

According to this info (apparently datamined from the latest PTU patch) the C8 comes stock with the Carrack while the C8X appears to be a better armed standalone explorer (with limited-edition livery so likely Warbond only).

• ANVL_Pisces Manufacturer: Anvil Aerospace Focus: Exploration / Pathfinder With its compact frame, deft maneuverability, and seating for three, the C8 Pisces snub craft, included with every Carrack, is built by Anvil Aerospace for scouting ahead or exploring environments inaccessible to its larger carrier ship.
  • ANVL_Pisces_Expedition Manufacturer: Anvil Aerospace Focus: Exploration / Pathfinder Sporting more guns and a limited-edition livery, the C8X Pisces Expedition turns the stout snub into a perfectly viable standalone exploration vessel. With its compact frame, deft maneuverability, and seating for three, the Pisces Expedition is ready to take on its own adventures.

Here's hoping CIG isn't going to give Carrack owners an inferior gimped version of the Pisces just so they can sell a superior version as standalone. 😒

2 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

According to this info (apparently datamined from the latest PTU patch) the C8 comes stock with the Carrack while the C8X appears to be a better armed standalone explorer (with limited-edition livery so likely Warbond only).

• ANVL_Pisces Manufacturer: Anvil Aerospace Focus: Exploration / Pathfinder With its compact frame, deft maneuverability, and seating for three, the C8 Pisces snub craft, included with every Carrack, is built by Anvil Aerospace for scouting ahead or exploring environments inaccessible to its larger carrier ship.
  • ANVL_Pisces_Expedition Manufacturer: Anvil Aerospace Focus: Exploration / Pathfinder Sporting more guns and a limited-edition livery, the C8X Pisces Expedition turns the stout snub into a perfectly viable standalone exploration vessel. With its compact frame, deft maneuverability, and seating for three, the Pisces Expedition is ready to take on its own adventures.

Here's hoping CIG isn't going to give Carrack owners an inferior gimped version of the Pisces just so they can sell a superior version as standalone. 😒

I read the thread started on the Star Citizen forums...  Unless the C8X is incredibly higher priced, I imagine the difference between the C8 and C8X is like the 315 (more versatility) vs the 325 (more guns).  Of course I could be wrong too.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/star-citizen-alpha-3-8-ship

Zyloh-CIG@Zyloh-CIG

Star Citizen Alpha 3.8 Ship Updates

Pinned
Discussion
Yesterday at 22:41
Hi everyone,

We have a few updates on the ships you can expect in the 3.8 patch cycle. In an effort to ensure the various ships of 3.8 are up to our high standards, we've made the decision to stagger their release to the live servers throughout the first quarter. Obviously, many of you (myself included) are excited to take to the stars in your Cutlass, Carrack, and Prowler, and rest assured, we will very soon. This extra time will allow us to deliver the quality and attention to detail that we always strive for.

Anvil C8 Pisces (3.7.2)
  • The C8 Pisces will be available to fly on the live servers for all current Carrack owners shortly after the conclusion of CitizenCon.
Anvil C8X Pisces Expedition (3.7.2)
  • The C8X Pisces Expedition will be available to fly on the live servers at the start of the IAE at 6 AM Pacific / 1400 UTC on November 24th.
Argo Mole
  • The Mole will release in December. What's the Mole you ask? If you're attending CitizenCon, make sure to attend the Ship Talk panel, otherwise details will be available on YouTube soon.
Drake Cutlass Red
  • The Cutlass Red will release in January.
Anvil Carrack
  • The Carrack will release in February.
Esperia Prowler
  • The Prowler will release in March.

Hmmmm, I'm betting that the Argo Mole has something to do with surface or underground mining, like a ground-based Prospector. It would make sense because CIG seems to be shifting focus to planet-based gameplay, and it makes sense that there'd be mining vehicles in the Star Citizen universe. However, a mining vehicle doesn't interest me.

We know now that the Pisces and Argo Mole are two new ships/vehicles that will be revealed at CitizenCon, but I'm still hoping that CIG will unveil a big surprise for us!

2 hours ago, Reavern said:

Hmmmm, I'm betting that the Argo Mole has something to do with surface or underground mining, like a ground-based Prospector. It would make sense because CIG seems to be shifting focus to planet-based gameplay, and it makes sense that there'd be mining vehicles in the Star Citizen universe. However, a mining vehicle doesn't interest me.

We know now that the Pisces and Argo Mole are two new ships/vehicles that will be revealed at CitizenCon, but I'm still hoping that CIG will unveil a big surprise for us!

Still have hope that something big is planned for SQ42 between now and Xmas (Re: Sandy interview at last CitCon) but after the latest set back I'm not so sure.