ships overview

Rowddy

Hi all i am a backer since 2012 but never done anything with the game since then. now i wanted to see how it is but it is very overwhelming. i wanted to see if the ship i originally bought is a good ship and what other ships there are at the moment you can buy. Now here is the problem i looked at mant websites for a ships overview with tsch. spec and prizes, i know they excisted in 2012-2013 but the RSI sites don't work properly or hav almost no ships in there and when there are ships they are only for backers no ships you can buy extra.

So could anyone please tell where to look?? i heard something about you must look in the game but i rather don't wanna look there. the game dazzels me already i sat today for the first time i my 325A lol and i not took off because i have no clue how and also i am afraid to get killed and lood 85 euro or so :( but i rather would like to have a trader or mining ship  as i suck in pvp.

regards Rowddy

First of all, you might want to follow CIG's Getting Started videos. I don't know how much these have been updated to the latest patches, but they give you a pretty good idea of how things work so you can take off and fly around without worries.

Second, don't worry about losing your ship... because you wont. If your ship gets destroyed you can just respawn it in the game via the console.
Again, you will NOT lose the ships you paid real money for, don't be afraid.

Third; right now the game has a (limited) amount of ships you can rent or purchase for ingame alpha currency, which you can earn doing missions. You can find a ship rental service console at Teasa Spaceport in Lorville, on the planet Hurston, and ship purchasing kiosks at Lorville and ArcCorp.

I strongly suggest you just poke around in the game a bit, do some missions and don't be afraid of goofing off. Also, feel free to ask people if you can try out flying another ship.  You'll find most people are happy to show off their ships:D This way you can get a bit more comfortable and also figure out what you want out of a ship.

The RSI website does have all the ships in their store where you can see the stats, but comparing them is a bit tricky, especially since not all the ships are available for purchase. I'm not aware of any 3rd party site where this is easier, but I'm sure there's one out there.

One last thing, if I were you I'd wait with getting any new ships untill CitizenCon on the 23rd of November. The event will likely have some ships on sale, perhaps some discounts.. with some new ships to boot. What they're doing exactly is still a mystery but we'll see relatively soon.

Everything Fizzlefuse said.

Plus, the Origin 325a is a pretty nice ship too!  I have one myself and use it as a courier ship transporting boxes from one location to the next.  It's not the fastest in quantum jump, but it'll get you from point A to B, and has some nice firepower if you need to turn around and shoot down a few pirates.  If you were to upgrade to something else, the Drake Cutlass Black isn't a bad choice, but as Fizzlefuse mentioned wait for this year's CitizenCon!

17 hours ago, Fizzlefuse said:

The RSI website does have all the ships in their store where you can see the stats, but comparing them is a bit tricky, especially since not all the ships are available for purchase. I'm not aware of any 3rd party site where this is easier, but I'm sure there's one out there.

Thank you for you reply it was very hulpfull i will go look those getting started vidieo's seems like a good place to start :)

Do you have a link for this website please? i cannot find for some reason..

also thanks  for your reply Buckaroo :) i wanted to an additioal ship not up grade this one but it all depends a bit on the price since ships are realy expensive here unfortunally

ow i forgot 1 thing are the clans (dunno how they are called in SC :) )

19 hours ago, Rowddy said:

Thank you for you reply it was very hulpfull i will go look those getting started vidieo's seems like a good place to start :)
Do you have a link for this website please? i cannot find for some reason..

The website I was refering to is the official star citizen website at robertsspaceindustries.com.
Every ship page has a technical overview and a variants matrix, but there's no real way to directly compare different ships from different ingame manufacturers really.

It all comes down to what you prefer. To be fair, I agree with @Buckaroo, the Origin 325A is a fine ship.
Now we have ship rentals in the game, I really do suggest you just try out some ships before you commit.

mechanics for clans (in star citizen they're called Organisations) are currently not in the game. CIG is working on the much needed mechanics that will allow more players per server. Once that goes up to a more significant number (i believe the current limit is 60 people), I believe we'll see proper org support come into the game. That said, you can connect with friends and organisation members via your friends list in the game. In the last major patch we got mission sharing, though I haven't tried it myself so I can't comment on how that functions.