Chivashon

Star Citizen - The Anvil Terrapin

Nice job @Chivashon - I would suggest adding it to the Terrapin thread as well for those enthusiast and later on reference (which will be easier to find) for future players.   Couple of questions for you since this is one of the ships I don't have but always considered.

• Do you think the ship should be flown with 2 people (one pilot and one on the scanner) or do you think one person is enough.   You'll have to speculate since we don't know how involved the scanning process will be.
  • Do you think it is going to be a more tactical scanning ship like the Hornet Tracker - and if so compare the two
  • Do you think it will be a more exploration based scanning ship like the Aquila or Freelancer Dur - and if so how do they compare
  • CIG mentioned it would be a multi-role ship during the concept - so what do you think its role can be and will there be more than one role?

Thanks and great vid :)

7 hours ago, VoA said:

Nice job @Chivashon - I would suggest adding it to the Terrapin thread as well for those enthusiast and later on reference (which will be easier to find) for future players.   Couple of questions for you since this is one of the ships I don't have but always considered.

• Do you think the ship should be flown with 2 people (one pilot and one on the scanner) or do you think one person is enough.   You'll have to speculate since we don't know how involved the scanning process will be.
  • Do you think it is going to be a more tactical scanning ship like the Hornet Tracker - and if so compare the two
  • Do you think it will be a more exploration based scanning ship like the Aquila or Freelancer Dur - and if so how do they compare
  • CIG mentioned it would be a multi-role ship during the concept - so what do you think its role can be and will there be more than one role?

Thanks and great vid :)

I believe two people would  be preferred as the scanner works as a directional turret. You have the pilot moving the ship while a buddy scans. If you were alone you may have to stop or if you find something in space quickly get out of the scanner seat and run back to the pilot seat. 

The terrapin now does not have the greatest weapons and it’s very slow moving. The shields have a lot of hit points but very slow to recharge. It does not maneuver well. So with all that I do not believe it will be a tactical scanner. 

I can’t really answer the third question cause I don’t know much about the other two ships. 

I don’t know what the multirole will be unless they add maybe a repair option in space since it’s tough it can take hits, repair a ship and get out. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Chivashon
      Hello nerds. I’m starting streaming on YouTube and attempting to put out more content there.  I would appreciate if you can come check out what I have created so far and if you like it hit that sub button.  Get the time hit the bell and you can come check out the stream. Much appreciated. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZazVZaqf62UJc37G7dgZew
    • By Chivashon
      Anyone here live stream Star Citizen?
    • By Narayan
      This time I was a little late again, my apologize.
      Patch 3.7 brought quite a few new things, but at the same time almost didn't update the old ones, which made this comparison very simple. But future patches are full of changes, so wait for them!
      I hope you enjoy this video. Enjoy watching!
      Citizen Spotlight Spectrum Reddit  
    • By Narayan
      Greetings, citizens!
      About a year ago, I came up with the idea of this video, and finally I was able to bring it to life. And I hope you will like it!
      Enjoy watching!
      P.S. you can support me here:
      Citizen spotlight Spectrum Reddit  

• By Narayan
      Greetings, citizens!
      Every time I say the phrase “this was the most difficult video of mine” - and each time I make an even more complex video. So, this time - it was really the MOST difficult of my video, because I was also started to write the music for this video.
      I decided, that shoot and edit was not enough for me anymore - and I also went to the musical direction. Specially for this, I bought a MIDI-keyboard, and one very good man gave me his sound card for free. And after a month of working on music, I want to say that I, no doubt, hurried to create my own music in my video, because I had no experience when I started working on it. However, this “baptism by fire” gave me the necessary starting experience - and now I know more about how to write the music. I hope you enjoy my first (and, I hope, not last) experience in this direction.
      As for the video itself, it may seem long and strange to you - 10 minutes long, with a strange beginning and art-house style. But that was my original idea - to show the city, through the storyline of the heroine, by using FOIP and visual effects.
      Working on this video took me 2 months of life and almost 250 gigabytes on my PC, so it really became my most difficult job. I hope my work was not in vain, and you will enjoy this video.
      Enjoy watching!
      Music from the video here.
      P.S. You can listen to the music from the video here: 
      Citizen Spotlight Spectrum Reddit