Are there any fps missions?

Aanarki

If there are, how do I get them? 

When I hit F9 missions tend to be delivery, service beacon, mercenary. I've tried most of them but I haven't found any that need me to land somewhere and shoot npcs. There's great looking armor and weapons but I haven't been able to find a use for them against NPCs yet.

Also, if one hijacks another players ship and they have cargo, is there any way to commandeer and/or sell the cargo?

Thanks.

Under the public > mercenary tab, you will sometimes see a mission titled "Break in at Kareah" that will direct you to the eponymous security post so you can clear it out.
If you travel to Hurston, there are contracts available such as "Evict illegal occupants" that are similar, although you will need to destroy or evade some AA turrets before landing.
There are criminal options at Hurston as well, although I can't remember the name.

I (used to) enjoy these a lot so definitely can give some insight here. First go to Hurston then you can pick up the land missions there as you have to be within proximity to see them.

To get the criminal land missions you just need to know what to look for. Could be wrong but I believe it's called "Righteous Raid" or something  (it's been a while) look for the ones that are worth 7k aUEC and usually have a sender like "X" or something as well. 

Reason I recommend criminal missions is other players don't want crimestat so they avoid them so no other players to deal with. Meanwhile if you go to the "legitimate" ones there is a good chance there is a player either there or around the area or will show up after you, so if you like the player element screwing with the mission or you go for those. However I prefer the crime ones as I do not find PvP or player interaction in a good stete in this game. Too much to describe here but suffice it to say I am not a fan, so I do just the PvE so I do the criminal ones to avoid players. In my experience, they do NOT give crimestat. Maybe it's just me or bugs that could be fixed by now, but regardless to have the best time I always preferred the criminal missions. 

Other thing to note is the AA guns already mentioned. They are buggy messy shitstains that shouldn't even be in. First of all convergence flat out doesn't work on them, so if you have a bigger ship the guns will not converge properly so it can be tough to kill the guns as only one or two can hit what you are targeting while the rest hit to the sides. If you have an Avenger Titan or equivalent I have the most success with that as the big gun doesn't need convergence which helps a lot. 

I flat out just don't deal with the AA anymore. It's gotten worse and worse over time, as of 3.5 when I last tried a few I got bugs like the AA guns being invincible, spawning way too fast (within a minute after destruction) and other similar issues. Even when these missions first came out they respawned fairly quickly so it was a get in, get out mission before they respawn and blew up your ship stranding you (they shoot empty ships). Now I flat out just land as close as I can, out of view of the AA fire and walk in to avoid them entirely. The key thing here is the AA guns don't shoot players, they shoot ships. They were in a pretty bad state as of a few months ago, but maybe they've improved them but I doubt it so I'm sharing this about it.

Give it a go to do it legitimately once (destroy AA's then land) and see if it goes well or not. If they are FUBAR just land nearby next time to avoid the hassle and bugs that come with the AA guns. 

There is also a lot to say about the ground missions themselves as well, but since that is the part you want to do, I'll let you figure it out. Just don't want you quitting before you even get into ground combat due to the other issues in the game which make it tougher to enjoy. 

Thanks for the indepth guide.

So the first time I went I thought I needed to dock at Lorville to get the mission and blew up in a no fly zone. Ended up back at Port Olisar. I had another go in a Hornet, accepted the mission while I was in orbit, but then as I was trying to sail past the AA turrets I hit a lamp post and blew up. Back at Port Olisar. Third time I found a ridge about 800 meters out to hide my ship behind. As I ran to the target I had my weapon drawn so I stowed it. Then as I got nearer I discovered I had mistaken my drop button for my stow button, so I no longer had a gun.

Drawing my pistol I descended. I took out the first guard. I peaked round the corner. The coast was clear, so I picked up and equipped his rifle. However, as I was doing that I started getting shot and within a couple of hits I was dead. Back at Port Olisar.

I think that's all I can manage right now. It wouldn't be so bad but the journey from Olisar to Hurston is about 8 mins. It's quite a trek.

8 hours ago, Skywing said:

You should land first at Lorvil so that you can spawn at Hurston .

It still be a pain to travel from Lorvil to the mission.

I totally agree. I can't seem to land at Lorville though. I've watched video guides about it, but the landing spot I keep getting seems to result in my explosion, despite appearing to be in the flying zone.

So I landed at a gate and walked in. Before I could find a terminal to spawn a ship there, the server crashed and I woke up in Port Olisar...

Edit: Maybe I'm having trouble with Lorville because I have a crime rating? Anyway, finally got the mission done. Pretty easy money, the AI is terrible. I made sure to play it safe cos TTK seems pretty quick (or buggy) but the most difficult part was trying t o figure out if the enemy was going through a flinching animation or starting the dying animation. Now to try and do something about this crimestat.