Personal inventory sneak peek

VoA

Reacting to the video (instead of just personal inventory): Other companies might never have realized that helicopter hover mode was bad until the game hit open beta. Star Citizen finds out in weeks and has it fixed in a few months, years before the game is in beta.

What's the deal with those personal inventory icons? They mean absolutely nothing to me. I hate icons that mean nothing by just looking at them, something I see more frequently with every passing year. If you can't make an intuitive icon, use a word.

I'm not yet sold on the current personal inventory look yet.  Don't get me wrong, It'll be great to have a personal inventory and the fps mining mechanic, but how they showed that the personal inventory would work in game seemed to me like they were trying to re-invent the wheel.  DON'T make it complicated, like they did hover mode.  Don't over-think the problem.

It is the first look, so I'll try not to fully critique it till it's released...

36 minutes ago, Boildown said:

What's the deal with those personal inventory icons? They mean absolutely nothing to me. I hate icons that mean nothing by just looking at them, something I see more frequently with every passing year. If you can't make an intuitive icon, use a word.

I would assume those icons are just defaults or what they had currently.  But I agree, really hoping that wasn't close to the final iteration of the personal inventory system.