So looking to build a new PC so i can get a bit more ram and not steal to much from my current Gaming PC so i can have a back up/for the wife

currently all i've bought is the

Case
https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352087&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-
Fans

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00NTUJRHK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

LED Strip Lighting

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01N7S1ND9/ref=pe_3034960_233709270_TE_item

For Motherboard I'm more inline with buying a Asus or MSI 

Motherboard Example

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX74042

Yes i kinda want to keep the white aesthetic going lol 

CPU maybe a 

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX73773

or

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX71221

I currently have a GTX 1080 but will upgrade maybe once the 3080's come out depending on SC's demends

So Power supply 

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX71371

Finally waiting on what motherboard to pick before i look at RAM, not sure what i want but i want the 32GB

My budget, i don't really have a number set in stone, but i don't want to spend more on the processor + motherboard then a new video card xD

Can you let us know the logic behind what you chose.

Why Intel when AMD is better bang per buck right now?

Why 850W PSU when it's overkill for what you're building?

Why 2 small SSDs, as you'll need something bugger for games etc?

If you want help, you need to give us your budget and what you want to use the PC for.

On 5/5/2019 at 1:24 PM, CC-Corp said:

So looking to build a new PC so i can get a bit more ram and not steal to much from my current Gaming PC so i can have a back up/for the wife

Um... what?  Is this a new PC for you to game on (presumably Star Citizen)? Or is this a PC for your wife?  And if the latter, what are her requirements?

23 minutes ago, Snakebyte said:

Can you let us know the logic behind what you chose.

Why Intel when AMD is better bang per buck right now?

Why 850W PSU when it's overkill for what you're building?

Why 2 small SSDs, as you'll need something bugger for games etc?

If you want help, you need to give us your budget and what you want to use the PC for.

I still don’t fully trust that I’m actually getting more bang for buck from AMD, been burnt before by AMD 

The 850w power supply is so I can upgrade the video card down the road for now I’m using my 1080 

I just picked those two ssds as place holders, 

As I said before I don’t really know my budget some where around what those parts are worth, I can pay more if the performance is there

28 minutes ago, Boildown said:

Um... what?  Is this a new PC for you to game on (presumably Star Citizen)? Or is this a PC for your wife?  And if the latter, what are her requirements?

It’s mostly a new pc for me, I’ll be salvaging a video card from my current pc for this one, and using my old 680slis in the old build 

32 minutes ago, CC-Corp said:

I still don’t fully trust that I’m actually getting more bang for buck from AMD, been burnt before by AMD 

The 850w power supply is so I can upgrade the video card down the road for now I’m using my 1080 

I just picked those two ssds as place holders,

AMD have blown Intel clean out of the water with their Ryzen CPUs. Not only are the CPUs cheaper, the equivalent motherboard is as well. The R7 2700X is a 3.7 GHz 8 core that will boost to 4.3 GHz. It also comes with a very good HSF. https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113499

Oh, and free games:

Free The Division® 2 Gold Edition & World War Z

Don't get dragged into the top spec BS for motherboards. Very few people need or use all the stuff added to expensive ones. For AMD a B450 from a major brand will be fine. ASRock have a good reputation with AM4, but ASUS, Gigabyte and MSI are also ok.

If you go AMD, higher speed memory actually speeds up the CPU due to how the Infinity Fabric works, so this is the one thing to get the best you can; however, there are diminishing returns over 3200 MHz.

I'd get a 1 TB SSD for your system drive and a 4TB HDD for games. Games that like SSDs, like Star Citizen you can then stick on the SSD, and all the others can go on the HDD. WD Black is the best rated, but costs more than an equivalent 7200 RPM Seagate or Toshiba (X300).

If you can wait a few months, the AMD RX 3080 should be out and it will offer GTX 2070 performance for a 2/3 the price; however, as you have a 1080, you may just keep that GPU as it is still good.

Case is personal preference, as are adding too many fans and useless LEDs.

Yeah, no.  Get Intel: https://www.anandtech.com/show/14256/intel-9th-gen-core-processors-all-the-desktop-and-mobile-45w-cpus-announced

i7-9700 KF is the best high-end price performance IMO, and probably the one I'd pick.  Star Citizen isn't going to gain from more than 8 full fledged cores, nor is any other game.  At least not in the next 10 years.  It will gain from Intel's superior IPC and raw clockspeed however, compared to those AMD offerings.

Seeing as money is no object (as far as we know), you could go high end with the i9-9900 KF.  Its more expensive, but you'll never second guess that you could have bought a better gaming CPU.

The other plan is to wait for AMD's next CPUs.  That means waiting for the third quarter this year to end (as late as October).  There's a lot of hype on these AMD CPUs, and AMD rarely lives up to the hype, so it really depends on how badly you want it now.  I would not waste my money on AMD's current CPUs (nor GPUs) for a high-ish-end gaming PC.  As of today, either stay on the sidelines or go Intel/Nvidia.

Regardless of what you choose, i would wait for the new AMD ryzen 3000 series if you plan to purchase after July. Like mentioned those cpus are most likely to hit the markets in Q3 with proper stock. If you plan to purchase past August, i'd wait and see whether or not prices are going down for you at that point, for when it gets launched. Price-performance arguments are after all only relevant for you in Canadian prices and VAT(possible?) for you. What might be better bang for buck for one country, can be the opposite for the other depending on price, vat and local discounts or sales etc...

I personally run a 2700x, i love it and i don't regret buying it. For my purposes it was the ideal cpu at the time of purchase, but it was also more inline with local availability and prices as Intel has become almost unaffordable for here and, since i wanted/need Hyperthreading/SMT to make full use out of my software. Which is also only available on the i9 processors from current gen onwards..

I would before all else, look into:

1. Budget - Roughly how much you're willing to spend. Budget can always be widened afterwards, if need be and want.
  2. Purpose - What are you using the PC for aside from Star Citizen? Think of software specialized or otherwise, or a mmo game that you play almost daily.
  3. Must haves - Are there any particulars you wish to have included. Think of webcam, monitor uhm.. a specific amount of ram (like 32GB) anything really.

Anyone can yell, this is too much, or this brand wins over that brand... its all fanboyism and zealotry most of the time. It ultimately comes down to those three points and the local prices available to you. After all paying more for power or features you are never going to use is in the end just wasted money. That money could be saved up for when you do your next GPU upgrade or a vacation with the family, whatever.. not my business anyway.

If you have a more clear picture of those three, then i am certain we can actually give advice based on what is best for you, rather than just blurting out "Take this over that...".