New guy incoming

Ruufio

HI all, been watching some game play lately, trying to build up my knowledge before I get this game. Thought I'd do a bit of research online and found a lot of negativity directed towards SC and it's creators. 

Is the game as good as it's supposed to be? Or is the negativity warranted?

The negativity has come from its long development time. While the game still promises a lot and looks like it will continue to build to something great. It has taken its time getting to where it is now. 

As whether the game will be as good as it's supposed to be is all dependent on time. While you can play the game now and have fun with it, it's nowhere near to how good it is supposed to be. That all due to the fact the game is still in heavy development due to Chris Roberts Epic scope for the game.

I still believe the game will be as good as it's supposed to be but it will just take its time to get there.

Is it as good as it is supposed to be?  Not …  yet.  The game remains in an early alpha state.  But give it time. 

CIG is building a 'holy grail' game:  Massive universe, fully-realized planets, rendered cities, multi-crewed capital ships, many viable career tracks, and more.  

The beauty for the moment comes in experiencing game play systems coming on line.  Its like watching a master piece being painted.

But for those that don't like watching the paint dry, its probably best checking back in a year or more still.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

welcome!

On 2/23/2019 at 12:09 AM, Gremlich said:

Keep in mind that CIG's development is still within the timeline of some AAA games that have been successful.

Indeed. If you look at some current AAA titles that have been in development for about 6 years, some still leave much to be desired... *cough*anthem*cough*.
Give it a few more years and I'm sure Star Citizen will make the nessesary steps to get a lot better.

Welcome to the patience game and yes waiting for this long can be tiring, but now we have a chance to plan our roles and do some major forming with groups to prepare our selves before actually launching into the PTU. If you are interested go to the units tab on top and take a look at what sub branches you would like to join and happy oto have anther person to have a beer with. "CHEERS for your patience"

• 1 year later...
On 2/9/2019 at 6:39 PM, Ruufio said:

HI all, been watching some game play lately, trying to build up my knowledge before I get this game. Thought I'd do a bit of research online and found a lot of negativity directed towards SC and it's creators. 

Is the game as good as it's supposed to be? Or is the negativity warranted?

Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin

I still believe the game will be as good as it's supposed to be but it will just take its time to get there.