Argo SRV

Memoriam

We just had a Blood Moon Unit meeting where we Theory crafted the Argo SRV versus the Vulture and the Prospector and how useful the SRV will be in game ....and just as I mentioned in the meeting I talked myself into a CCU changing my Vulture into an Argo SRV because I do think it will be more profitable have more uses and I already have a Reclaimer ;)

16 hours ago, VoA said:

We just had a Blood Moon Unit meeting where we Theory crafted the Argo SRV versus the Vulture and the Prospector and how useful the SRV will be in game ....and just as I mentioned in the meeting I talked myself into a CCU changing my Vulture into an Argo SRV because I do think it will be more profitable have more uses and I already have a Reclaimer ;)

I'm trying to justify this for myself as well. I have a Vulture and a Reclaimer so.. it does sort of make sense to CCU my vulture to a Argo SRV. However, we have no idea how far away tractorbeam tech is. At least salvage is on the roadmap (though since they delayed that like 4 times, it doesn't mean much).

38 minutes ago, Fizzlefuse said:

I'm trying to justify this for myself as well. I have a Vulture and a Reclaimer so.. it does sort of make sense to CCU my vulture to a Argo SRV. However, we have no idea how far away tractorbeam tech is. At least salvage is on the roadmap (though since they delayed that like 4 times, it doesn't mean much).

You just do what I do ------ keep your Vulture ..... and keep the CCU to the SRV in your hanger without applying it........ use the Vulture for awhile ...... then when the SRV is playable - apply the CCU ;)

Something occurred to me while watching the latest RTV on the SRV concerning the timing of the release of the SRV concept. A lot of comment was made about using the SRV to re-orientate ships that have landed upside down on planets, already a problem in the current iteration of the PU, I was hoping that it would not be such an issue with the upcoming changes to the flight model.

It may be just pure speculation but maybe the number of larger/non-aerodynamic ships unable to maintain correct orientation near the planet surface or leave the atmosphere under their own power will be a such problem in 3.5 that it necessitates the need for the SRV. I was hoping that they could address this issue with the use of temporary jet boosters/fuel, but that may well be harder to implement than creating a new ship with strong enough tractor beams. 

Either way, I'm still looking forward to setting up a Spaceside Assistance Service!

On 2/19/2019 at 9:40 PM, VoA said:

You just do what I do ------ keep your Vulture ..... and keep the CCU to the SRV in your hanger without applying it........ use the Vulture for awhile ...... then when the SRV is playable - apply the CCU ;)

done and done. It will be a more versatile ship to use then the Vulture and it just makes more sense for me with industrial salvage in mind,

27 minutes ago, LowZone said:

It may be just pure speculation but maybe the number of larger/non-aerodynamic ships unable to maintain correct orientation near the planet surface or leave the atmosphere under their own power will be a such problem in 3.5 that it necessitates the need for the SRV.

Maybe... but I think we'll always have people messing around, or just being terrible pilots. Also, they'll add misfires to various systems and item degradation, so I expect we'll see more crashed/disabled ships in the future that need... erm... "helping".

Some of those questions were just asinine... and of course the "how can I game the system and make my non-gunboat into a gunboat" questions were there *rolls eyes*...but i did like that they adressed the ship security concerns. We'll have to remember to keep the power running when landed outside of safe havens and keep your shields up at all times.

What I would have loved to hear is how multiple SRVs would work together. Would they need to be grouped in order to drag the same target? If you're tractoring something, can another SRV just lock on to your target and now you're in a tug-of-war?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/argo-srv-promotion-extension/1966730

STAFF
Zyloh-CIG@Zyloh-CIG

ARGO SRV Promotion Extension

Pinned
Discussion
March 5th at 10:35 am
Hi everyone,

From tugging massive cargo containers to team-towing titans through the stars, the tenacity and rugged reliability of ARGO engineering is on full display in the SRV, which is now available for an additional week. 

The ARGO SRV Promotion will now conclude at 11:59 PM Pacific on March 11.

Details: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16971-The-ARGO-SRV

tavern_upload_large.jpg

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...