A few things. First of all, your music is WAY too loud and you have a soft speaking voice. I could hardly make out what you were saying. I had to rewind a couple of times to listen to parts again and still I couldn't make out a lot. You might want to take this in mind for future videos.

Second, the plural of Vanduul is just "Vanduul". Listen to Admiral Bishop, he never says "Vanduuls". I know, I'm nitpicky, sorry:p

Third... We don't know exactly how the Vanduul family structure works. From the capured derelict Kingship UEE scientist determined that all occupants on board where male, but the genetic diversity shows that females probably exist.. somewhere. We also know that knives and knife symbolism are important to them for some reason. We know they work in seperate clans.. but that's pretty much it all we know.

So your idea that Vanduul parents make the knife for their offspring and it's it's only posession untill adulthood, and is cut off from any help by it's family... is pure speculation.  If you have a source for this, I'd love to read it. CIG deliberately keeps the Vanduul a mystery, we're likely to learn more during the SQ42 trilogy.

Also, they want complete distruction of the humans? This is another assumption. I guess it's easy to assume such because of their horrendous attacks but we have no idea about what actually motivates the Vanduul. They just attacked for no apparent reason without warning and left. They seem to not be interrested in communication or diplomacy so.. I guess they want us all dead? No idea.

There are a couple of theories floating around, like they could be very territorial and consider most of "our" systems theirs. Perhaps its a predatory dominance thing. Others have opted the idea that the Vanduul might be coming into our neck of the woods because of a bigger threat that we don't know about. It could be resources I guess..  Heck, it could be some kind of religious reason, we just don't know.

This is all speculation but interresting nonetheless. I'm looking forward to learning more in SQ42

2 hours ago, Fizzlefuse said:

A few things. First of all, your music is WAY too loud and you have a soft speaking voice. I could hardly make out what you were saying. I had to rewind a couple of times to listen to parts again and still I couldn't make out a lot. You might want to take this in mind for future videos.

Second, the plural of Vanduul is just "Vanduul". Listen to Admiral Bishop, he never says "Vanduuls". I know, I'm nitpicky, sorry:p

Third... We don't know exactly how the Vanduul family structure works. From the capured derelict Kingship UEE scientist determined that all occupants on board where male, but the genetic diversity shows that females probably exist.. somewhere. We also know that knives and knife symbolism are important to them for some reason. We know they work in seperate clans.. but that's pretty much it all we know.

So your idea that Vanduul parents make the knife for their offspring and it's it's only posession untill adulthood, and is cut off from any help by it's family... is pure speculation.  If you have a source for this, I'd love to read it. CIG deliberately keeps the Vanduul a mystery, we're likely to learn more during the SQ42 trilogy.

Also, they want complete distruction of the humans? This is another assumption. I guess it's easy to assume such because of their horrendous attacks but we have no idea about what actually motivates the Vanduul. They just attacked for no apparent reason without warning and left. They seem to not be interrested in communication or diplomacy so.. I guess they want us all dead? No idea.

There are a couple of theories floating around, like they could be very territorial and consider most of "our" systems theirs. Perhaps its a predatory dominance thing. Others have opted the idea that the Vanduul might be coming into our neck of the woods because of a bigger threat that we don't know about. It could be resources I guess..  Heck, it could be some kind of religious reason, we just don't know.

This is all speculation but interresting nonetheless. I'm looking forward to learning more in SQ42

Greetings Fizzfuss. I definitely appreciate the constructive criticism, no problem & thanks for wathching my video. Will work on the background music, lol, sorry about that. I posted all my research on the Vanduul under the "Description" on the YouTube page. As far as assumptions are concerned, i do believe that the Vanduul have no interest in Humans whatsoever. They manifest this distaste for humans in their fist contact with us. If their running from a bigger threat, that still isnt a good excuse for their actions againt humans. The Vanduul pretty much fits the definition for total warfare sense they are seperated independent clans....Each clan is its own entity or government. Over the 200yrs of fighting engagements with these different clans, their fightings with humanity is Total War.

I agree with your opinion that the Vanduul probably have no interest in humans, their indiscriminate attacks show as much. It's strage they don't take anything of value but they do take small, seemingly insignificant items. Trophies perhaps?

I don't subscribe to the idea that they are fleeing from some other larger threat, I just wanted to put some of the different ideas floating about in the community in my comment. The UEE would probably know something is up because Banu sometimes trade with vanduul and the banu and humans have a treaty. Banu space likely spreads farther out beyond the current known starmap so you'd think there would be some news.

The Vanduul are pretty much a allegory of the Vandals, which were east germanic tribes, as the UEE is a allegory of the Roman empire. I did read that they operate in seperate clans, as did the Vandals which are their inspiration, which is only more terrifying. If smaller clans can do this much damage to the UEE on their own, imagine what could happen if any Vanduul leader managed to unite the clans. It would be devastating.

I know Admiral Bishop keeps telling us we will win because we have to, but what if the success of the UEE offensive is so great (especially with the new dreadnought flagship) that the Vanduul have no choice but to unite? I hope CIG adds a lot of hidden lore for us to find and explore in the PU.

33 minutes ago, Fizzlefuse said:

I agree with your opinion that the Vanduul probably have no interest in humans, their indiscriminate attacks show as much. It's strage they don't take anything of value but they do take small, seemingly insignificant items. Trophies perhaps?

I don't subscribe to the idea that they are fleeing from some other larger threat, I just wanted to put some of the different ideas floating about in the community in my comment. The UEE would probably know something is up because Banu sometimes trade with vanduul and the banu and humans have a treaty. Banu space likely spreads farther out beyond the current known starmap so you'd think there would be some news.

The Vanduul are pretty much a allegory of the Vandals, which were east germanic tribes, as the UEE is a allegory of the Roman empire. I did read that they operate in seperate clans, as did the Vandals which are their inspiration, which is only more terrifying. If smaller clans can do this much damage to the UEE on their own, imagine what could happen if any Vanduul leader managed to unite the clans. It would be devastating.

I know Admiral Bishop keeps telling us we will win because we have to, but what if the success of the UEE offensive is so great (especially with the new dreadnought flagship) that the Vanduul have no choice but to unite? I hope CIG adds a lot of hidden lore for us to find and explore in the PU.

Well, i hate to say it but the UEE is pretty much fighting in the dark against the Vanduul because of not truly knowing how many there are.  If the Vanduul clans did unite, that would be the end for humanity.