Titan Suit

GRIZZ

With the Titan Suit arriving on the roadmap (Q4 2019) I wanted to collect everything we know to date on it.

Not much is known other than they had to go back and redesign the Idris hallways to allow a Titian Suit to walk its corridors.

eso6pke5tx101.jpg

NotSignedOff_Titan_Suit.jpg

NotSignedOff_Titan_fire.jpg

LOL So now they will make all Idris hallways and hatches 3.5m high and 2 meters wide 😂😂🤣 I hope they don‘t forget to place a urinal at 1.8m high in the bathroom so the guy doesn‘t have to get out of his suit to take a piss 😜 

The good news is that we can now fly our bikes around the interior of the idris which should make for some interesting boarding action and I think I will be organizing bike races for the crews enjoyment on long flights. 🙄

Lol, all humorous jokes aside... 😂😂 I'm not against a suit like this. I mean it's the 30th Century, come on. It's not far-fetched to have something like this lugging around and in combat too. Besides I can think of a few situations where a heavy-suit like this would come in handy during situations where the enemy is dug in... just send in our extremely expensive Iron-Man suit guy, he'll handle it.

I just hope they make something like this as accurate as it can be and as expensive as it should be.. and like everything else CIG puts out I'm buying it anyways... lmao!

Oh and +1 for the Idris changes too!

You don't have to store the Titan Suit in Idris.

You can just store a bunch in the hangar of Valkyrie or maybe even Prowler if they fit.

Prowler was already giving me Edge of Tomorrow vibes in concept:

MV5BNDM1ODYwMzk5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzYx

It also doesn't have to fit everywhere, it'll likely gonna have its own life support system.

Maybe it's me but it makes no sense to keep the arms of the human bundled up inside the exosuit like that. It restricts movement and doesn't allow 1 on 1 translation of movement. If you look at most exosuit implementations they usually make use of the natural arm movements of the operator and translate that into power amplified suit movements.

Also their suit looks like an overengineered super expensive combat suit and not like a power loader/working suit. The one Tom Cruise is wearing looks much more like the part (or the Alien power suit). 

aliens_powerloader.jpg

I just remember our first mention of the Titan Armor (besides the original Armor Doc).... When they sold the swappable modules for the Retaliator Bomber...  and you could buy a Titan Armor Drop Ship module so you could carry a fire team of Titan Armored Marines and drop them into a Drop Zone like you were making a bombing run...

(Spoiler:  You can bet I bought that module for my 'Tali)

14 minutes ago, Arcanus said:

I just remember our first mention of the Titan Armor (besides the original Armor Doc).... When they sold the swappable modules for the Retaliator Bomber...  and you could buy a Titan Armor Drop Ship module so you could carry a fire team of Titan Armored Marines and drop them into a Drop Zone like you were making a bombing run...

(Spoiler:  You can bet I bought that module for my 'Tali)

Could you imagine how effective that'd be? Dropping a fully loaded Titan Squad on the ground to wreak havoc... Yeah, I think I'm getting myself a Titan suit ASAP once it's up for grabs 😆

To my knowledge, the 'Tali module is the only mention of a Drop Ship and Titan Armor in the same description...  That's not to say that other Drop Ship's can't handle Titan Armor...  It's just the only time I've actually seen it called out in the design specs (assuming that CIG doesn't retroactively change anything of course)

Edit:  In re-reading the CIG Sale page/article itself, it now refers to the front Drop Ship Bay as "power armor" which could be Titan Armor, or could just be the "Marine Heavy" armor....  They do still refer to Titan Armor, but only in a vague way when they talk about "other modules" that they (once upon a time) had planned:

The Future

There are more Retaliator modules in the pipeline! As the mechanics behind various persistent universe roles begin to take their final form, we will be developing additional modules to support different jobs. These include cryo-stasis pods for bounty hunters, medical equipment, recharging stations for Titan armor, salvage equipment and more. Stay tuned—your ships are getting more versatile!