M50 Revealed

novastorm

The fastest ship relative to its size and amount of cargo (since the M50 and 350R and Xi'An Scout don't have a lot of Cargo space) for smuggling is probably the Avenger unless you are info-running then the Drake Herald or M50 and 350R and Xi'An Scout would work and even the Hornet Ghost.

The Taurus can even be a good smuggling ship.

Yeah, my favorite ship for persistent universe gameplay is the avenger for this reason. It should catch / outrun most ships whilst still having decent cargo capacity and only needing one pilot. 

I think I just want the M50 to be good at more than racing because I like the idea of piloting "The fastest star ship... IN THE WORLD" (Clarkson)

I bet they will once they release racing.  There's been rumors of an m50 commercial as well.  

I bet they will  as well + the 350R (think CIG will break their Limited Edition promise with this exception) :gr_driving3:

Should we establish a Fleet Sponsored Racing Team?

MOST DEFINETLY :gr_driving3:    We plan on having Racing Tournaments in Citizen Arena too - so our Imperium Team can practice on the New Horizon's course in a competitive format :thumb:

I'd support a fleet racing team...tho I wouldn't be on it even tho I have an m50...I'm probably going to suck at racing lol.  

As for the 350r, like VoA said, probably will be on sale again too...I don't mind honestly if they sell limited ships again. I've always found the idea of 'limited' digital items to be a bit...dumb.  I mean, they've constantly said everything will be available in game, so why not have everything available now?  Think of all the pledge money...

But yeah, racing will be fun.  Maybe once we get our own corner of space, we can set up a course and invite racers from across the galaxy.

I'd support a fleet racing team...tho I wouldn't be on it even tho I have an m50...I'm probably going to suck at racing lol.  

As for the 350r, like VoA said, probably will be on sale again too...I don't mind honestly if they sell limited ships again. I've always found the idea of 'limited' digital items to be a bit...dumb.  I mean, they've constantly said everything will be available in game, so why not have everything available now?  Think of all the pledge money...

But yeah, racing will be fun.  Maybe once we get our own corner of space, we can set up a course and invite racers from across the galaxy.

Just race for fun. We got our asses covered with LTI. 

@Morgenroete True, my m50 is covered but what if I replace the engines and shields with uber versions for racing then crash...unless I've covered those with component insurance I'll be paying for new ones  :P

Since we already know we suck on racing, so I'll just race with the stock=D

And maybe if I'm one lap behind, I'll try to crash into the 1st and make people hyper.

• 2 weeks later...

So long and thanks for the jump drive.......

I'm going to be very pissed if this holds to be true :angry: .  The M50 had quietly become my favorite ship but this absolutely kills the reason why I wanted it.  I wanted to use it as an Interceptor/Courier and I just don't see how it could fill any of these roles without the jump drive.  I honestly don't care for the racing at all and would not have spent money on the M50 if I had known about its lack of a jump drive. 

Even if they took it down, that doesn´t mean there won´t be a possibility to install it as an upgrade. I imagine jump drive isn´t just the software or chip, the engine needs to be seriously beefed to be capable of performing FTL jumps. Maybe that would only be the case for basic variant, primarily focused on racing, where every unnecessary gram of unimportant load makes a difference in speed. The courier/interceptor variant will probably have them, or at least the possibility to install.

I think every ship apart from snub fighters like Merlin will have the option to install jump drives, but at the expense of something else, balance is important. CIG have stated it multiple times, don´t buy the ships according to specs, they can and will change. I for one am not very pleased that they took cargo capacity from 350R, but I hope it will be changed back, because it´s making sense. And don´t forget about ship customization, many ships will be even better when you are able to upgrade and swap the weapons and module loadouts. 

Even if they took it down, that doesn´t mean there won´t be a possibility to install it as an upgrade. I imagine jump drive isn´t just the software or chip, the engine needs to be seriously beefed to be capable of performing FTL jumps. Maybe that would only be the case for basic variant, primarily focused on racing, where every unnecessary gram of unimportant load makes a difference in speed. The courier/interceptor variant will probably have them, or at least the possibility to install.

I think every ship apart from snub fighters like Merlin will have the option to install jump drives, but at the expense of something else, balance is important. CIG have stated it multiple times, don´t buy the ships according to specs, they can and will change. I for one am not very pleased that they took cargo capacity from 350R, but I hope it will be changed back, because it´s making sense. And don´t forget about ship customization, many ships will be even better when you are able to upgrade and swap the weapons and module loadouts. 

Its not going FTL (iirc). Lore says something more like the jump engine making a wormhole (bending space engine). Sorry for being picky just trying to help :P

And the M50 says its a courier and the fastest ship to get from A to B and a interceptor so it should have a Jump Drive.