VoA

Freelancer MAX

We have a thread for the base Freelancer.... one for the MIS and one of the DUR.... but not for the MAX - and since the revamped version is now out - thought I'd create a thread.

++++++++++++

Wanted to address an important point many not be aware of.........  many look at the Constellation Taurus with its Smuggling Hold......... greater upgrade (to other Connie components)...... more cargo capacity ........ (+ I still think it is under-priced)....... and wonder why you would ever pick a Freelancer MAX over a Taurus.    My personal take is I would still choose the Taurus......... however....... there are some important things that people may not realize about Freelancers.   Ben Lesnick (CIG) awhile ago on an RTV mentioned that Freelancers not only have Xi'An tech for their thrusters but also this Xi'An Tech does shield the entire ship (not just the cargo hold) from some casual scans (doesn't block scans but lessens their accuracy).

&&&&&&&&

The Freelancer is the largest Ship (though CR goes back and forth on this - but so far this is still current info) --------- to be able to go through a Small Jump point (whereas a Taurus is too big to go through Small Jump Points)

inRu9sp.jpg

IWhuDOP.jpg

h4njsey.jpg

THOjTif.jpg

rk0q8fwp40421.jpg

Fit 2x Cyclones in a MAX, but need more headroom for Ursa

6rU8C9S.jpg

v9K82sk.jpg

Looks really neat. I could probably come to live with the cockpit view over time too.

I'll see how the Cutlass Blue goes, but a Freelancer variant may well be a really good alternative - though I can't make up my mind if I would go full on for cargo with the MAX, or flexibility with the DUR.

Cutlass Black has 46 SCU of space while MAX has 120 SCU.

Cutlass is likely to be more agile tho. If Blue ends up having double the components of Black or better armor, it might just end up a good, 2 person combat ship.

I expect MAX to see a ton of play. Should be able to land and take-off in atmo just fine even it has full cargo, especially compared to larger ships like Taurus, C2 or Cat.

I cant decide whether to upgrade my cutlass to either the DUR or the Max or not at all.

what i want to do with it isnt really an issue, ive got haulers, fighters, cap ships, mining and exploration craft, but i want the best “mission board” ship.

The freelancers have a little less fire power than a cutlass, but come with more as standard, have far more hull hp, twice the shields, twice the fuel capacity, carry a decent amount of cargo even in the DUR and MIS versions, BUT that cockpit view?

ugghh.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Jon1812
      I am interested in purchasing a Freelancer MIS upgrade. If someone is willing to sell one for $60, please let me know. Thanks.
    • By chop_yo
      I bought an account thinking it had a lti freelancer. It didnt. Looking to get some of my money back, asap.
      Here is the description
      Starting Money: 5,000 UEC 6 Month Insurance Deluxe Green Collector's Box Spaceship-shaped USB Drive CD of Game Soundtrack Glossy Fold-up Star Map Hardback Engineering Manual Legacy Alpha Squadron 42 Digital Download Star Citizen Digital Download Digital Star Citizen Manual   Pm me if you are interested, paypal or btc. Willing to go first if you have good feedback
    • By Ungwe_Lianti
      Interested in any of them, I'm one of those that came in late to the game so have to go through the market. Please help me out
      pm me with offers
    • By DarthMask
      Greetings, finally the game seems mature enough to bother setting up my HOTAS and buying and selling stuff in the verse.  I have loaded my Freelancer with about 19 commodities from Agricume at 25.72 a unit, to Waste at 0.09 and have been flying around mapping out who sells and buys what commodities and at what price.  I have some data on revenue based on the amount you need to invest in the cargo.
      I have noticed that prices vary at some locations, I suspect based on the degree to which the demand is satisfied so it is possible that margins on runs will change if they become too popular.  This variation could also be random, just logging in and out of the terminal has changed some of the pricing.  Best return so far for investments under 10,000 is Processed Food at 836 a run.  Investments up near 20,000 you can get up to 1,900 a run for Stims.  At 35,000 or so you can get up to 2,350 a run for Distilled Spirits.  The big dog so far is Medical Supplies for 130,000 earning 7,200 a run.  I have not made any of these runs as my cargo compartment is filled with crates of different commodities so I can see who is buying what and for how much.  These numbers assume 7600 units per run which seems to be the count regardless of material volume or weight (100 commodity units per cargo space unit regardless of the commodity).
      The more of us running around the faster we can map the area and make trade roots.  I have not figures all the jump lanes, but from different locations you jump into orbits at different locations requiring additional jumps so developing the best trade routes will require good jump maps.  If you have further information to share, please do.
    • By SnowStorm
      ACCOUNT  FOR SALE: See First Reply, decided it was a safer route 
      Two purchases here on the forums in the past. A Terrapin CCU from @AstroJak (on June 19, 2017) 
      and a Dragonfly LTI from @StarC_Newbie (on May 31st, 2017) I can pull up the messages upon request. 
      List of ships and items owned (Nothing is gift-able, all purchased over time with store credits)
      Ships: 
      Package - Anniversary 2017 Mustang Discount Starter package
      Standalone Ship- Anvil Hawk LTI CCu'd to Freelancer LTI
      Standalone Ship- Anvil Hawk LTI CCu'd to Cutlass Black LTI
      Standalone Ship- Anvil Hawk LTI CCu'd to Terrapin LTI
      Items: 
      Package - Squadron 42 Add-on ($15.00 value)
      Kastak Arms Custodian SMG - Citizencon 2947 ($5.00 value) 
      Masters of Design Series - Hoplite & MPUV
      Masters of Design Series - Polaris & Razor
      Masters of Design Series - Caterpillar & Dragonfly
      Masters of Design Series - Prospector & Herald
      Masters of Design Series - Hurricane & Terrapin
      Holographic models- ICC Port Olisar
      Holographic models- IMS Bolliver
      Holographic models- Icarus One
      Holographic models- ICC Probe
      Hitbox Magazine
      Big Benny's Vending Machine
      Christmas Reward 2016
      Opera Mushroom
      Citizencon 2946 Trophy Subscriber Edition
      Conner's Beard Moss
      Takuetsu Mini Reliant Kore Model
      Takuetsu Golden Herald Model
      Takuetsu Mustang Gamma Model
      Buy Back tokens = 1
      Buy Back ships and items listed below
      Cutlass Black package
      Cutlass Starter Pack Gamescom2017
      Standalone - Drake Dragonfly Black
      Standalone - AOPOA Nox Kue LTI Warbond
      Ship Upgrades - Gladius to Cutlass Black Upgrade CCU
      Ship Upgrades - Freelancer to F7C Hornet Upgrade CCU
      Standalone Ship - Tumbril Cyclone LTI Presale
      Standalone Ship - X1 Force Edition LTI
      Standalone Ship - RSI Aurora LX Gamescom2017
      Standalone Ship - AEGIS Gladius
      Package - Freelancer
      Ship Upgrades - Freelancer to Freelancer Max Upgrade
      Package - Explorer Pack Gamescom2017
      Package - Mustang Alpha SC Starter
      Add-Ons - Air and Space Pack LTI (Terrapin and Cyclone AA)
      Package - Mustang Alpha SC Starter
      Package - Aurora MR SC Starter
      Package - Freelancer
      Ship Upgrades - Freelancer to Freelancer DUR Upgrade
      Standalone Ship - Drake Herald - Drake Sale
      $5,000 UEC starter money
      $197,500 REC virtual store money
      One paid Handle name change ready to use ($5.00 value)
      Total Melt value of account = $419.50
      Total ever spent on account = $494.50
      PM for more information, only selling because of a new addition to the family  and my wife said so