New Xi An Ship?

Memoriam

57 minutes ago, Memoriam said:

@VoA

no not the SanTokYai but the background.

Doesn't it seem weird that the background is an Xi An wall and it would be weird to hava a base with such walls

=> the SanTokYai must be in a Ship Hangar

Cool - it could also be this.... --->>>  (some large cargo ships have hangar options - or IRL helipad options) --->>> See link --->> Xi'An - Cargo Ship

19 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Makes sense that the Xi'an would have their own carrier. :)

We were also shown a very interesting image back in 2013 of a Xi'an Carrier designated 'Oracle'

4a1ETh.jpg

Looks like a Scythe to me doesn't it?  Very similar outline for a distorted picture.

40 minutes ago, Malcolm MacLeod said:

Looks like a Scythe to me doesn't it?  Very similar outline for a distorted picture.

Not really. The Scythe only has 1 wing and looks nowhere near as bulky. The thing in the picture was also identified as a carrier. :)

star-citizen-scythe-lti-captured_1_56dd3

That said, it was a very old image from way before they set up style-guides for each race. As such CIG has likely changed the design for the Xi'an capital ships.

On 12/3/2018 at 8:36 AM, Danakar Endeel said:

Not really. The Scythe only has 1 wing and looks nowhere near as bulky. The thing in the picture was also identified as a carrier. :)

star-citizen-scythe-lti-captured_1_56dd3

That said, it was a very old image from way before they set up style-guides for each race. As such CIG has likely changed the design for the Xi'an capital ships.

I was thinking of the Vanduul ship that is symmetric, I just used the wrong name.  I was thinking it might have been the heavy fighter.   I did not see anything that mentioned that the ship in the blurred picture is a carrier class ship. 

5 hours ago, Malcolm MacLeod said:

I was thinking of the Vanduul ship that is symmetric, I just used the wrong name.  I was thinking it might have been the heavy fighter.   I did not see anything that mentioned that the ship in the blurred picture is a carrier class ship. 

It was mentioned in the picture :)

• Enemy Contact Class: Carrier

post-307-0-53676700-1364923525.jpg

21 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

It was mentioned in the picture :)

• Enemy Contact Class: Carrier

post-307-0-53676700-1364923525.jpg

Ok I wasn't looking at the picture under a microscope, I was just looking at the outline of a somewhat fuzzy picture and it made me think of the symmetric Vanduul fighter.  If I had looked at the picture closely then I may have seen that it was classified as a Carrier and Tagged as Oracle.  Good catch!

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I think CGI lacks any vision or imagination (even any common sense) in designing ships. I would appreciate a more scientific and functional approach to designing space ships. Like eh:

- no wings for ships that never will see atmosphere (even in the future I doubt it will be economical to design ships that can operate both inside and outside atmospheric conditions, all spaceships will dock in orbit and shuttle their goods/people down by elevators or atmospheric craft)

- more tubular designs with rotating gravity inducing sections for exploration ships instead of these artificial gravity airplane or ocean ship in space designs

- large ships should never be able to land on planets, it is just silly to assume anyone would design ships that can take the stress of atmospheric entry when they don’t need to .

- more ugly boxy cheap functional designs and less porsche design in space (lets face it people that work in a spaceship never see the outside and only care about functionality ....

- fuck aerodynamics, really there is no drag in space why all the pointy fronts? A square box or tube design makes much more sense. Also why the obsession with cockpits in the nose of the ship? Doesn’t it make more sense to place the cockpit away from the front just in case you hit some space junk (or a missile or projectile)? I don’t need to double park a interstellar freighter at the wallymart so why do I need all that front view?

Rant off 😜