Memoriam

xi an New Xi An Ship?

57 minutes ago, Memoriam said:

@VoA

no not the SanTokYai but the background.

Doesn't it seem weird that the background is an Xi An wall and it would be weird to hava a base with such walls

=> the SanTokYai must be in a Ship Hangar

Cool - it could also be this.... --->>>  (some large cargo ships have hangar options - or IRL helipad options) --->>> See link --->> Xi'An - Cargo Ship

19 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Makes sense that the Xi'an would have their own carrier. :)

We were also shown a very interesting image back in 2013 of a Xi'an Carrier designated 'Oracle'

4a1ETh.jpg

Looks like a Scythe to me doesn't it?  Very similar outline for a distorted picture.

40 minutes ago, Malcolm MacLeod said:

Looks like a Scythe to me doesn't it?  Very similar outline for a distorted picture.

Not really. The Scythe only has 1 wing and looks nowhere near as bulky. The thing in the picture was also identified as a carrier. :)

star-citizen-scythe-lti-captured_1_56dd3

That said, it was a very old image from way before they set up style-guides for each race. As such CIG has likely changed the design for the Xi'an capital ships.

On 12/3/2018 at 8:36 AM, Danakar Endeel said:

Not really. The Scythe only has 1 wing and looks nowhere near as bulky. The thing in the picture was also identified as a carrier. :)

star-citizen-scythe-lti-captured_1_56dd3

That said, it was a very old image from way before they set up style-guides for each race. As such CIG has likely changed the design for the Xi'an capital ships.

I was thinking of the Vanduul ship that is symmetric, I just used the wrong name.  I was thinking it might have been the heavy fighter.   I did not see anything that mentioned that the ship in the blurred picture is a carrier class ship. 

5 hours ago, Malcolm MacLeod said:

I was thinking of the Vanduul ship that is symmetric, I just used the wrong name.  I was thinking it might have been the heavy fighter.   I did not see anything that mentioned that the ship in the blurred picture is a carrier class ship. 

It was mentioned in the picture :)

• Enemy Contact Class: Carrier

post-307-0-53676700-1364923525.jpg

21 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

It was mentioned in the picture :)

• Enemy Contact Class: Carrier

post-307-0-53676700-1364923525.jpg

Ok I wasn't looking at the picture under a microscope, I was just looking at the outline of a somewhat fuzzy picture and it made me think of the symmetric Vanduul fighter.  If I had looked at the picture closely then I may have seen that it was classified as a Carrier and Tagged as Oracle.  Good catch!