A list of the UEC Buy Price of Most In-game Ships

NicLovin

Updated for 3.7.1!
-CIG has added a huge amount of new ships to buy and rent, and changed a decent amount of the original 3.3.6 buy prices and REC/UEC rental costs on ships I had looked at to better reflect their real world $ cost.
-If a ship isnt on here, its because I couldnt find any UEC buy or UEC/REC Rent prices for it. If you find some, go ahead and post a screen shot and I'll add it!

I know everything is still in development and is likely to change and be adjusted but I started this for fun to see what types of ship pledges would have the most in game UEC value. I really wanted to know if the more expensive ship pledges would be exponentially harder to get in game and see if there was some sort of sliding scale of pledge cost to in game cost. I initially expected a somewhat linear correlation between real dollars and UEC cost, but obviously a whole mess of factors go into determining its price and I was surprised at a few ships that really gave you some UEC bang for your buck.

I started with gathering the UEC ship buy prices from New Deal, Teach's, Astro Armada and checked each rental kiosk and gathered the UEC 1 day rental prices from each. I also gathered the REC 3 day rental prices from Arena Commander for comparison. Interestingly the 3 Day rental REC price is exactly 33.33333... times less than the full UEC buy price. In previous versions of the game I was able to use this ratio to predict what the buy prices may have been, but CIG now has most of them now available to purchase. The UEC 1 day rental is either 50 or 33.33333... times less than the full buy price, so if you plan on using a vehicle for more than 50 days you would be better off just saving up until you can buy it haha (obviously just renting a purpose built cargo ship for big bursts of money can still be worth it though). I cant see a rhyme or reason as to why some ships are have a 50 or 33.33333 UEC rent to buy ratio.

Generally, it looks like if you pledged for a large ship (not necessarily a more expensive one) you get a better UEC to $ value, there are some interesting exceptions to this of course which are interesting to see. Another thing to keep in mind as well, is as stated by CR in one of his 10 for the chairmen, the price of ships and goods will eventually vary based on location, supply and demand, cost of materials that would normally be used to build the ship, and some other things as well. At the end of the day, we buy ships to support the game and first and foremost get something that you'd want to fly regardless 

. I made this for fun and to help me decide if I should melt my smaller land craft and see what I might want to aim for or maybe even sell when the game goes live.

Here is a link to the document for easier and in depth viewing that have different sheets with the data sorted in various ways. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTyX4C7YCBNDCsWW1aJJJOEbCmbMyhur1Yyp4mzTVpVQ3ryKLpE5E8AbsufCansBxbGUZ-TUcGFlemn/pubhtml
I did a cursory look on the forums to see if anyone else did the same, but didn't see anything else. If anyone else has something similar please post it and I'd love to compare data!

UEC per Dollar.JPG

UEC per Dollar 2.jpg

Edited by NicLovin
updated for 3.7.1

7 hours ago, Booster Terrik said:

LOL, so the Phoenix costs almost 2 million UEC less than an Aquila? Can I downgrade my connie? 😜

Not gonna lie, I bumped my Phoenix up to a larger ship this sale, as I saw larger ships have more UEC value. The 600i just feels so empty and I wasnt feeling it, so I went to a  carrack.