2948 Intergalactic Aerospace Expo (IAE)

Dabclipers

262592012_IAEImage.thumb.png.ef577556c0d432023bd3155daedd3060.png

The Intergalactic Aerospace Expo is here!

Ship sales and free flights are available for one and all.

For those interested:

The Anniversary Sale main page: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/promotions/IAE_Free_Fly

The Anniversary Sale gameplay guide for new players: https://support.robertsspaceindustries.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012238394

35 minutes ago, Dabclipers said:

I'm waiting for my crew to all get on before we explore, but I heard in comm chat that it wasn't loading in for some people.  Are you guys having any trouble visiting the expo room?

The first time I entered the expo room there were no ships sitting on the displays. Only the Anvil Hawk rendered in after someone told me to go to the far left pad.

After logging off/on this time all ships were available on the displays and I could rent most of them for 0 alphaUEC (all except the Hawk and F8 for obvious reasons). :)

So it seems that some servers are buggy and won't have the ships on display while others work fine. ;)

My take away so far was, again just IMHO.

Day 1 - Great nice setup nice variety on display.

Day 2 - Not worth it and not impressive

Day 3 - Okay, not as good as day 1 but better than day 2.

Day 4 - Hopefully very good especially if they show off the Idris on the floor.
Day 5 on - tbd

1 hour ago, LowZone said:

What the Frig?

ScreenShot0906.jpg

Ahh yes.  The Idris with it's "punch the capital ship in the junk" rail gun.  Only the M models have those if I recall but it's possible to maybe-sorta-kinda find one of those in the wild and attach it to your Idris.  Or so the boys at CIG hinted to in their AEGIS video.  Evidently all Idris variants have the hardpoint for that rail gun but only the M comes with it standard.  And yes.  It is a Size 10 ballistic behemoth.

Honestly, they got the atmosphere down for a convention.  Hopefully they build on this.

Is there anyway to rent ships from previous day Expos?  IE, can I rent an Anvil or Aegis ship that was shown already previously?

I've been away from my home and gaming PC traveling for the holiday and am now back home.  I would have loved to been able to try some of the previously displayed ships, but I can't seem to find a way to.  Is this even an option?

15 hours ago, Buckaroo said:

Is there anyway to rent ships from previous day Expos?  IE, can I rent an Anvil or Aegis ship that was shown already previously?

I've been away from my home and gaming PC traveling for the holiday and am now back home.  I would have loved to been able to try some of the previously displayed ships, but I can't seem to find a way to.  Is this even an option?

Unfortunately no, all of the Expo's are 24 hour only.  It's possible that for the last few days they might open up the Expo halls again so that people like you who were unable to try some of the ships will get a chance but that would require them to do something about the elevator system.  The Aegis day was hell trying to get around because it's only one elevator for all floors.

• 4 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, kylewmurray said:

I think that 72 months - it is  a very long duration

I'd be suprised if any of us ever mannage to do 72 months of playing in 1 ship.... thats a looooong time to sit at that PC and look at the same consoles and ship... lots of time to learn the ship nevertheless xD

12 minutes ago, Chimaera said:

*cough* they still haven’t confirmed IRL or in game time as the “months” counter.

True...

Regardless, it's a metric ass-ton of time compared to other offerings and the lack of any consistent LTI offerings, unless you look on the Grey Market. 72-Months either ingame or real life is a huge bonus/perk. Also, AFAIK Insurance is supposed to be dirt cheap in game as well... more of a nuisance than a real money-sink.

I only own LTI ships myself but I wouldn't be against buying 72-month items too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Stenim
      Hey guys I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on the odyssey.  It looks like it has everything the Carrack has except with mining and refining... possibly better medical facilities also.  It doesn't have as much for cargo capacity but might have a larger hanger.  It looks like it could be really good.
    • By Weehamster
      LAST EDIT: 9/Oct/2021
      Hi everyone /
      I have images/gifs of ships/vehicles that are either flyable or in concept, development, re-worked or from Star Citizen lore.
      There are also many other categories, including anything from Star Systems to Characters to Ship/FPS Equipment. I constantly add more to the albums so don't be afraid to come back here anytime for the latest images.
      Please Note: Because of certain, rather disappointing circumstances that are beyond my control, this page will no longer be updated.
      As I have a desire to preserve this archive and continue adding the latest images, a new website has been set up. Please click here and remember to bookmark the new site.
      VEHICLES:
      SHIPS
      LAND VEHICLES
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      COMPONENTS:
      SHIP WEAPONS - GUNS
      SHIP WEAPONS - MISSILES / TORPEDOES / MINES
      OTHER SHIP COMPONENTS
      FIRST PERSON WEAPONS
      FIRST PERSON WEAPONS - ATTACHMENTS
      OTHER FIRST PERSON COMPONENTS
      -------------------------------------------- BONUS --------------------------------------------
      CHARACTERS:
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      PLACES: 
      GAMEPLAY:
      SQUADRON 42:
      OTHER:

• By LowZone
      It's that time again! And if the expo can't come to Orison, maybe some of Orison can come to the Expo!

• By xciar
      Hey there. Someone wanted to be nice and pre ordered the 400i for me and he wanted to surprise me. But the sad news are that i have already expensiver ships than the 400i. I am highly sure that the 400i (worth 238€) wont be better than a 300€+ ship because you get what you pay for right ? and if a ship is more expensiver, then it will be better if i am not wrong.
      So if that is true, i don't want the 400i (good thing is, it has LTI and i think its warbond). I think my mate bought it over paypal as a gift for me. I got a email, clicked on the link and it instantly got activated. I have no gift button on that ship. So i guess i have 2 options to sell it for real money. One option is to melt it, and the other option is to upgrade it to a 295$ ship while the 400i is worth 250$ in dollars according the upgrade page, so i had to pay 50$ in this case but i have the money to pay for the upgrade and i am fine with it if i still do profit.

So what do you guys suggest me to do and for how manys euros could i sell it ? i don't wanted to be unthankful to my mate so i didn't told him to refund and give me the money instead. I still can message him tho, i am sure he would give me the money instead. But i don't wanna sound "unthankful" really so i would know how much my "profit" would be when i would sell it instead telling my mate to refund it and send me the money over paypal. If the profit isn't huge, i am ready to message him back and tell him to refund btw.
    • By Chimaera
      Good day everyone! I've been going through the old Freelancer game recently and realized that one of my major loves in that game was having to work toward getting a new ship and tricking it out. While I love giving CIG IRL money toward the development of the game, I don't actually want to have every ship in the game before the game comes out. So I'll be listing MOST of my ships at RSI Cost + ~5% to cover the international paypal fees and transfer fees that I have to do. The ones that ARE NOT RSI Cost are generally Original/Veteran versions of the ships or packages that have not been released since the original concepts. If you have questions, please PM. Verified paypal only.
      1. ROC and Brawl Pack: LTI ROC and Drake Cutlass Black - $147  SOLD
      2. ORIGINAL BACKER Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, LTI + Retaliator Livery Paint Pack with Invictus  - $330  Removed from sale
      3. Origin G12A LTI - $69
      4. Origin G12 LTI - $59
      5. Kruger P72 EMERALD LTI - $37 SOLD
      6. Argo Mole Dig and Ditch Pack LTI: Mole with Freelancer MAX - $315 SOLD
      7. Swords of Valor Pack LTI: Crusader Ares Ion and Crusader Ares Inferno with Radiance and Ember skins - $373  SOLD
      8. AOPA San'Tok'Yai LTI Warbond - $205 SOLD
      9. RSI Apollo Medivac Original Concept LTI - $310
      10. Origin 100i starter pack, including Star Citizen game download - $75
      11. Aegis Eclipse ORIGINAL CONCEPT LTI including unique serial stamp and alternative skin- $325 SOLD
      12. ORIGINAL BACKER Pirate Package, Cutlass, skins, tractor beam, game pack, etc... - $210 SOLD
      13. Ursa Rover Fortuna Original Concept - $70 Removed from sale
      14. ORIGINAL CONCEPT Carrack LTI ($350 melt value) - $450 SOLD
      15. ORIGINAL CONCEPT Reclaimer LTI ($350 Melt value) - $450
      16. ORIGINAL CONCEPT MISC Prospector - $200
      17. ORIGINAL CONCEPT Aegis Vulcan (Early Bird version) - $235  Withdrawn
      18. ORIGINAL CONCEPT SPECIAL SKIN Valkyrie Liberator - $425 SOLD
      Prices are final unless there's a multiple purchase that happens (I may be willing to wheel and deal a little). Payments handled through Paypal invoice only.  As always, I reserve the right to refuse offers.
      Cheers!
      Closing and making new post.