2948 Intergalactic Aerospace Expo (IAE)

Dabclipers

262592012_IAEImage.thumb.png.ef577556c0d432023bd3155daedd3060.png

The Intergalactic Aerospace Expo is here!

Ship sales and free flights are available for one and all.

For those interested:

The Anniversary Sale main page: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/promotions/IAE_Free_Fly

The Anniversary Sale gameplay guide for new players: https://support.robertsspaceindustries.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012238394

35 minutes ago, Dabclipers said:

I'm waiting for my crew to all get on before we explore, but I heard in comm chat that it wasn't loading in for some people.  Are you guys having any trouble visiting the expo room?

The first time I entered the expo room there were no ships sitting on the displays. Only the Anvil Hawk rendered in after someone told me to go to the far left pad.

After logging off/on this time all ships were available on the displays and I could rent most of them for 0 alphaUEC (all except the Hawk and F8 for obvious reasons). :)

So it seems that some servers are buggy and won't have the ships on display while others work fine. ;)

My take away so far was, again just IMHO.

Day 1 - Great nice setup nice variety on display.

Day 2 - Not worth it and not impressive

Day 3 - Okay, not as good as day 1 but better than day 2.

Day 4 - Hopefully very good especially if they show off the Idris on the floor.
Day 5 on - tbd

1 hour ago, LowZone said:

What the Frig?

ScreenShot0906.jpg

Ahh yes.  The Idris with it's "punch the capital ship in the junk" rail gun.  Only the M models have those if I recall but it's possible to maybe-sorta-kinda find one of those in the wild and attach it to your Idris.  Or so the boys at CIG hinted to in their AEGIS video.  Evidently all Idris variants have the hardpoint for that rail gun but only the M comes with it standard.  And yes.  It is a Size 10 ballistic behemoth.

Honestly, they got the atmosphere down for a convention.  Hopefully they build on this.

Is there anyway to rent ships from previous day Expos?  IE, can I rent an Anvil or Aegis ship that was shown already previously?

I've been away from my home and gaming PC traveling for the holiday and am now back home.  I would have loved to been able to try some of the previously displayed ships, but I can't seem to find a way to.  Is this even an option?

15 hours ago, Buckaroo said:

Is there anyway to rent ships from previous day Expos?  IE, can I rent an Anvil or Aegis ship that was shown already previously?

I've been away from my home and gaming PC traveling for the holiday and am now back home.  I would have loved to been able to try some of the previously displayed ships, but I can't seem to find a way to.  Is this even an option?

Unfortunately no, all of the Expo's are 24 hour only.  It's possible that for the last few days they might open up the Expo halls again so that people like you who were unable to try some of the ships will get a chance but that would require them to do something about the elevator system.  The Aegis day was hell trying to get around because it's only one elevator for all floors.

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Chimaera said:

*cough* they still haven’t confirmed IRL or in game time as the “months” counter.

True...

Regardless, it's a metric ass-ton of time compared to other offerings and the lack of any consistent LTI offerings, unless you look on the Grey Market. 72-Months either ingame or real life is a huge bonus/perk. Also, AFAIK Insurance is supposed to be dirt cheap in game as well... more of a nuisance than a real money-sink.

I only own LTI ships myself but I wouldn't be against buying 72-month items too.