VoA

Anvil Arrow

There were a couple of presale threads but thought the Arrow needed a thread for its Concept sale now on RSI :)

$75 with store Credit

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16860-The-Anvil-Arrow

AIM HIGHER

"I shot an arrow in the air,

It fell to earth, I knew not where;

For, so swiftly it flew, the sight

Could not follow it in its flight."

-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

19th Century, Earth, Sol

Nearly seventy thousand years ago, early Humans created a piece of technology that would forever change the course of our development. The arrow's simple, elegant design redefined everything, from the food we were now able to hunt, to the way we waged war.

Inspired by that enduring design, and by humanity's unyielding spirit of ingenuity, we updated the classic light fighter for the next generation of combat.

Considered the most agile fighter in its class, the Arrow's velocity and dexterity will leave would-be interlopers thoroughly bewildered. 

There are some designs, however archaic, that transcend even time itself. We looked over seventy thousand years into the past for inspiration, to craft the light fighter of the future. The result? Unmatched design, blazing top speed, and best-in-class maneuverability. The 2949 Arrow.

FUTURE

STRIKE FAST, STRIKE TRUE

Boasting an ultra-aerodynamic frame, slight, sexy profile, and the most advanced maneuvering thruster tech available, the Arrow is among the quickest and nimblest light fighters on the civilian market. Despite it's litheness though, it can hold its own in a know-down-drag out, thanks to a generous standard weapons package. What else would you expect from Anvil?

STANDALONE SHIP - ANVIL AEROSPACE ARROW ANNIVERSARY 2018 WARBOND

Unmatched design, blazing top speed, and ultra-responsive maneuverability make the Arrow the most agile scrapper in its class. And, a robust weapons package provides firepower to spare. This is truly the classic light fighter updated for the next generation of combat.

This Anniversary 2018 promotion edition comes with an exclusive Lifetime insurance contract.

$65.00 USD

ADD TO CART

store_slideshow_small.png

It's absolutely gorgeous.  I've always been partial to the aesthetics of the Hurricane when it comes to the Anvil line of star-fighters but this thing takes the cake with little contest.  With the dominance of the Sabre in the current flight model it's almost certainly also a lock to be one of the most competitive dog-fighters out there, and for the price point it's tough to not argue that this is the ship new players should look for if they want to get into the space combat aspect of Star Citizen.

Allright, "most agile fighter in its class" it says on the can. If it's tankyish ( it's Anvil after all) in the least, the weaponry must be on the light side.

Edit: 2xS2 gimbal + 2x S1 turret, which is not bad, but no mention of tankyness.

I want to make sure everyone is clear on the firepower. It has 3 S3 Hardpoints. The top guns being on a ball turret forces the gun to be s1's gimbaled. The wings are size2 gimbaled. It is the exact firepower as gladius.

Can fit 3S3 Fixed.

I picked it up too, it flies like a dream.

You don't need a speciality mount like Hornet to fit an S3 gun on top, you can just remove the top turret and stick a S3 on it.

3x S3 is pretty strong for the price point but best part of it is the front MFDs and radar. Unlike Sabre, you can see radar clearly because it doesn't have glass behind it and MFD placements felt way better since you can see them, unlike Sabre. Struts are thin unlike Hornet and other Anvil ships, hell they're even thinner than Sabre. Cockpit really felt like what Sabre wanted to be but couldn't pretty much.

Wings and tail both fold in landing mode and it ends up being really small that way. You're likely to fit many on a carrier ship pretty much.

It's a very niche ship, but it has CCU value. It is only $ 65 warbond. The stealth isn't mentioned anywhere other that the promo page, but since it is a new ship (I mean new ingane history). If you are a great fighter, this is it. However, average player same as the gladius, buy it if you plan to upgrade.

It's a fighter pure and simple, it's agile and it "can" pack a punch. More than likely swap you weapon load out first. If you can shot fixed then the same as the Gladius firepower and the missile racks are plenty. However don't fight with a cutlass unless you can win for sure ;D . It is the "new" gladius really.

STLYoungblood might have not realized that there's currently an acceleration bug with Arrow where you need to cycle landing mode to get proper acceleration.

This one isn't likely to be tanky like other Anvil ships since it's classified as a light fighter and its hull is way smaller but you don't lose a gun when you lose a wing like Sabre so that's nice.

Stealth thing should likely to be cleared up during Q&A pretty much.

We need a size comparaison for fighters and other small ships in landing mode pretty much.

Like Merlin, M50, Razor, Arrow, Gladius, Hornet, Sabre, Buccaneer, 85X etc. all with retracted/folded wings.

I'd expect Arrow in landing mode to be really small.