Xi’an Scout & Next Flight Model

c4artist

Hello Friends:

Two questions:

1. Do you think the next flight model will make the scout significantly more agile than other ships? It doesn’t have thrusters. It uses its main thrusters for all movement.

2. Do you think CIG will make any minor or major changes to the scout before persistent universe is released?

From how the new flight model has been described, the Xi'an Scout will probably be the most nimble ship since it uses thrust vectoring. It'll probably fly circles around fighters like the Super Hornet and Vanguard. The big question though is what its hydrogen reserves will be like. It may be the most nimble fighter, but that won't matter if its fuel is exhausted before it can deal any significant damage to its target.

As for changes, I'm sure there will be some cockpit reworks and maybe a redone exterior in order to bring it more inline with the ever evolving ship pipeline. But I doubt it will be anything significant like with the Gladius rework.

There are so many little things they could do to give it a bit more value.

Bump the gun up one

make it stealth

maybe a dampener that raises blackout threshold

better power power supply for higher shields and even less weapon overheated

Or just keep it the same and just give everyone that owns one.. another one. As is, I think it is an 80 dollar ship. Basically a starter ship with a premium for being alien/cool.

thanks for the reply  I’m hoping whatever fly model they settle on does give at least an agility advantage  right now it is just a trash mob ship for sq42  

On 11/18/2018 at 7:23 PM, c4artist said:

Hello Friends:

Two questions:

1. Do you think the next flight model will make the scout significantly more agile than other ships? It doesn’t have thrusters. It uses its main thrusters for all movement.

2. Do you think CIG will make any minor or major changes to the scout before persistent universe is released?

1. YES
  2. YES

.... the Scout has always been one of my favorite ships...... and those that decided to melt or CCU theirs will regret it..... trust me :)

1- No. It might end up being more agile but I don't expect it to be significantly more agile compared to other fighters in its class.

2-Yes, but I wouldn't expect the changes to increase its combat effectiveness since it just doesn't have the firepower.

Khartu-Al is just huge, its bow is gigantic and that's where other single seater pilots will fire at. It might end up being more agile but other single seaters will still be able to bear their guns on it just fine. It also likely won't have good enough atmo flight performance because of its design and drag since it's not aerodynamic at all. It'll also have trouble punching above its weight because it lacks firepower.

Most fighters in-game are of human design so they'll likely be the benchmark for combat effectiveness. Don't get your hopes up.

@c4artist the drag model is for atmosphere.  Think of the way the Xian Scout is shaped.  Let me rephrase part of  @Brightmist :

The hornet shows less hornet when you look at it from the front...and that is the direction the guns work. You see a lot of hornet from the top, and pilots maneuver to see that.

The Xian scouts biggest surface area...is the side it presents when it points toward you.  It is a perfect target, it is gigantic...and full of exposed important pieces. So while it moves fast...it is easy to hit, and not to sturdy.

Now, it looks cool, and alien. I love the cool steps, the way it folds up. The new flight model will see it have great lateral and vertical thrust. It will be the darting fast scout that the promotion described it to be. However, I don't know anyone who expects it to be as good as a gladius, or a hornet.  It will be a fun cool ship though.