Anvil Arrow next ship for sale?

Danakar Endeel

David Erkul over on Twitter stated he was rummaging through the 3.3.0 game files and spotted an entry called the ANVL_Arrow including a list of components.

• CF-117 K&W size 1
  • Scorpion GT-215 GTS size 2
  • cooler BRACER size 1 grade 3
  • power plant REGULUS size 1 grade 3
  • qdrive BEACON size 1 grade 1
  • radar ECOUTER size 1 grade 1
  • shield ALLSTOP size 1 grade 3

The components look like something similar to the Aurora LN so it sounds like this could be some kind of 'starter' ship from Anvil that CIG might sell during the Anniversary. :)

18 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Some speculation going on over on Spectrum atm where some people think the ANVL_Arrow entry might just be referring to the Anvil Hawk. Guess we'll have to wait and see for now. :)

Don't know how "Arrow" can relate in away to the "Hawk" though - so I think your earlier speculation is more plausible :)

Another potential option is the Anvil snub ship for the Carrack.... (and possibly an Anvil Rover - but more like a snub with the "Arrow") option - 

Vortex 13@VTEX_13
Today at 8:14 am

Maybe the small Carrack scout ship coming up soon?

One thing it is possible that it could be another racer. The name "arrow" seems to be fast and sleek (and killing of target, but I'll choose fast and sleek). However this grasping at straws really.

The name defines it self to be sleek and the weapons are.

Also The Pisces does have QT and jump drive. However this is 99% not arrow as the Pisces will have to see the exact size from the "hanger".

15 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

One thing it is possible that it could be another racer. The name "arrow" seems to be fast and sleek (and killing of target, but I'll choose fast and sleek). However this grasping at straws really.

The name defines it self to be sleek and the weapons are.

Also The Pisces does have QT and jump drive. However this is 99% not arrow as the Pisces will have to see the exact size from the "hanger".

A snub has QT?  Talk about an escape vehicle!

Pisces is a shuttle designed to go through jumps that the carrack won't fit.

Look, think of this Carrack as the Battlestar Galactic and the Pisces as the Raptor scout. smaller size ( smaller than a viper in length) but could jump which the viper can't do. I do know that SC and BSG are very different doctrine, but just using a scale sample. Still pretty cool if it was heh :D.

Anyway it's not any of those ships. One thing we don't see is the engine. If could be a racer if it had 2 engines, but dunno but it doesn't suit racers like Aegis. It could be another starter ship... but meh. Might just be another (small) info runner like the Herald, but only a few months ago and the mercury. One thing I'd like to get another military fighter like the light fighter.      

On 11/4/2018 at 6:52 PM, VoA said:

Don't know how "Arrow" can relate in away to the "Hawk" though - so I think your earlier speculation is more plausible :)

Erkul posted a follow-up image showing that the Arrow and the Hawk are separate entries. So it would indeed appear that it is a separate ship. Although the ANVL_Hawk entry wasn't present in his first image. :)

tavern_upload_medium.jpg

Another little teaser from the 

image.png.1e582bbafae3107e2e032b8199a4b048.png

November 23rd - Anvil Aerospace 
Complete your Hornet collection with that elusive F7C Wildfire, and stick around to see what new tricks Anvil has up its sleeve.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//16849-Anniversary-Promotion-Free-Fly-Details

Anniversary Promotion & Free Fly Details

Take to the skies!

Citizens,

To celebrate the release of Hurston, Star Citizen’s first explorable planet, and commemorate our anniversary, we’re launching a Free Fly event of unprecedented magnitude.

From Nov 23 through Dec 1 you’ll have the chance to try out every flyable ship and operable vehicle in the game for free. Here’s how it works:

During the promotion, anyone can join Star Citizen’s Persistent Universe for free. You’ll be able to experience Star Citizen first-hand, but to get out there and start exploring, you’re gonna need a ship.

Starting on November 23rd, every day, a different ship manufacturer in the game will make its entire flyable fleet available for a 24-hour test flight period.

There may also be some surprises in store for those of you who make the trek out to Hurston and see what Lorville’s all about, as well as some fun interactive activities here on the website, so stay tuned.

Check out the schedule below to plan your free test flights. Have fun and fly safe!

The 2948 Free Fly Schedule

Nov 23 – Anvil Aerospace
Valkyrie-Blue-Formation.png

Arrow: [REDACTED]

Gladiator: A ruggedly built two-person dive bomber.

Hornet F7C: Tough and dependable, the F7C is a multipurpose medium fighter.

Hornet F7C Wildfire: Special Edition of the F7C Hornet with custom livery and loadout geared for Arena Commander.

Hornet F7C-R – Tracker: Sacrificing a turret for an advanced radar dome, the Hornet Tracker seeks what is hidden.

Hornet F7C-S – Ghost: Stealthy, quiet, silent – the Ghost haunts an area by keeping a low profile.

Hornet F7C-M – Super Hornet: A two-seater multi-purpose medium fighter with a heavier loadout.

Hurricane: A heavy fighter with excessive loadout, including a turret that punches through shields and defenses.

Terrapin: Heavily armored ship with a sophisticated scanner, ideal for recon and exploration.

Valkyrie: A heavily armed multirole gunship and dropship.

Glass cannon already two ships ( one already Anvil Hurricane). One thing it's got really S1 and S2 weapons that we already saw. So it's bad if they are calling it a heavy hitter/heavy firepower.

Well, guessing around $120. $90 being the Gladius light fighter. Of course $160 being a more likely as no other fighter has that price.

Gladius is an Aegis ship, though.

If the Arrow is just another light fighter, meh.  So following the trend of 'starter ships' we saw with the likes of the Reliant variants and more recently the Origin 100 series, maybe the Arrow is Anvil's entry level ship in variant configurations like those.  This would enable the Hornet line of ships to be positioned more clearly as Anvil's mid level entries, as is being done with the Origin 300 series now too.  Unless of course we already see the Hawk as the entry level Anvil ship. 

It would be a good marketing move for CIG to release 'LTI tokens' for upgrades at a time when the anniversary sale is running too.

I'm really wondering about this ship based just on the images.

- Not sure I see 'Anvil' theme.  Maybe in the split tail. 
- Looks a big as an F7, but with a large dorsal profile (great to aim at).
- I dont see a missile load out under its wings yet.
- Heck, I dont see guns either.  Tucked inside?

Is this a stealth fighter with its armaments concealed?