Squadron 42’s new trailer is so good Mark Hamill’s fans thought it was a Netflix show

VoA

On 10/20/2018 at 5:39 PM, Fizzlefuse said:

To any mods that might be reading this, my apologies for going off topic here but I feel i needed to respond.

I seriously had to re-read your comments because im so baffled by them... are we talking about Dungeons & Dragons?

If we are, Sean, I think you have a incorrect assumption of what D&D is. I don't blame you, if you have never been exposed to it you might get the wrong idea, especially going on the urban legends and exaggerated stories (the students in the steam tunnels is a famous story) but that is coming from the same place where people who judge videogames.

Have you ever actually played it? If you'd like to know what D&D is actually like I'd be more then willing to talk about it, on TeamSpeak or Discord? I'd offer you a place at my table but we're far apart and I don't think I have the nessesary streaming equipment.
If you're willing to keep an open mind, you should sit down with a group of players around a table and give it a go, or at least look at some D&D streams. I reccomend looking up Critical Role or Inquisitions Incorporated on YouTube.

Because saying that doesn't have a story is so incorrect i don't even know how to respond to that. While there are many ways to play the game, in most cases the story and narrative is the whole point of the game. Well, that and killing monsters and taking their stuff. sometimes.

Obviously people getting lost in tunnels are just being stupid,
It's like people blaming video games, or rock music, or reading comic books or watching television. It's a bizarre but apparently natural thing that people look to blame some outside influence that made people do stupid things.

I don't really get your conspiracy theory about people who play D&D (or who play console games??) are now controlling the CIA and the FBI. That makes absolutely no sense to me and even if they did, how that would be a bad thing, and I really hope you are trolling and/or joking right now, because if you are not.. I urge you to get educated in these things before making these comments.

Since I will be 60 in December, I remember the Original D&D board Game. Then as a game such as Final Fantasy and some D&D games. Those not being my cup of tea was something I did not get into.  I was a Mechwarrior player since the start with the book series and the first game Crescent Hawk's Inception, before that I played text games on a Hyundai Super 16 TE before 286. Back in the early to mid 80's there had been news stories about University peeps that had gotten so far into the D&D games they would role play in the steam tunnels of the Ivy league schools and end up getting lost and having to be rescued.  That was my point of reference , I was joking about that but I guess you had to be there as for the government I trust folks that double dipped first military then government a lot further than I would trust someone who had never been in the real world and mommy and daddy and their connections got some Ivy league peep their positions in life. This is not a personal slight  just a point about the folks that I trust the same can be said of the officer corp of the US military some good some bad some morons just saying. lol  :P

7 hours ago, Sean Thornton said:

Since I will be 60 in December, I remember the Original D&D board Game. Then as a game such as Final Fantasy and some D&D games. Those not being my cup of tea was something I did not get into.  I was a Mechwarrior player since the start with the book series and the first game Crescent Hawk's Inception, before that I played text games on a Hyundai Super 16 TE before 286. Back in the early to mid 80's there had been news stories about University peeps that had gotten so far into the D&D games they would role play in the steam tunnels of the Ivy league schools and end up getting lost and having to be rescued.  That was my point of reference , I was joking about that but I guess you had to be there...

Ah, see, that clears things up a bit. Yeah, some people take it way too far. Back in the 80's there was the "satanic panic" and people associated D&D with worshipping the devil and the accult. People doing strange things in steam tunnels didn't help 🤣

7 hours ago, Sean Thornton said:

...as for the government I trust folks that double dipped first military then government a lot further than I would trust someone who had never been in the real world and mommy and daddy and their connections got some Ivy league peep their positions in life. This is not a personal slight  just a point about the folks that I trust the same can be said of the officer corp of the US military some good some bad some morons just saying. lol  :P

Oh I fully agree with you there. I'd rather have some people with real world experience in charge then a bunch of over-privileged twats that only got there thanks to mom and dad. Some life experience goes a long way.