Star Citizen Development Process Interview Summary
Inside the Star Citizen Development Process Full Article | https://wccftech.com/inside-the-star-citizen-development-process-exclusive-interview/
Hey you!! Yea, YOU!!
Want to live it up in the better places of Midgard?
Party with giants? Share a drink and remince glorious tales of riding space whales in our mead halls?
Look no further! Aesir Industries has you covered...
If you're lucky you might even get a glimps of the legendary unicorn who lives in Bifrost!
Unicorns may or may not be real - if you have enough mead it doesn't make any difference
We're a highly active community with members around the world and plenty to do, you're never alone.
Always up for doing something, you'll never be bored.
AESIND provides many services and offers several career paths :
- Development Division : Exploration/Science/Research
- Industry Division : Mining/Refining/Salvage/Manufacturing
- Commerce Division : Business/Finance
- Logistics Division : Transport/Refuel/Supply
- Security Division : Fleet Security, Mobile Infantry
- Intelligence Division : Info Management (storage.processing.transport), [Redacted], ...
- Support Division : Medical, SAR, Repair
1. English is our primary language but welcome anyone from around the world
2. We align ourselves with the laws of the UEE and do not allow piracy
3. We are both new player and veteran friendly
4. We have cookies (maybe)
Feel free to direct any questions our way or come visit us on Discord - https://discord.gg/BjP8cEq
If you'd like to join us, simply send in your application here - http://www.guilded.gg/#!AXDRnXZpEp?ref=1ArgxkZ4
Hello SC Nation!
Now that we are seeing more of the amazing planetary tech, and after today's Post CitizenCon RTV, I can't help but wonder how will CIG tackle the challenge of building large planetary cities & settlements to the fidelity they aim for.
So far we saw and can imagine navigating through giant spaceships like RSI Bengal or large/modular/ever growing space stations and modest size mining bases. Given it's the 30th century, civilizations are expected to spread to large cities around the planets in various systems.
I am curious about what does the community expect or think about how CIG can create cities balancing immersion, playability and fidelity while keeping our AMBITION !
Some thoughts to help start conversations:
- As immersion is a big part of this ambitious game, think that we landed on a planet in a core human or alien system. We can't feel on an actual populated planet without knowing that there are multiple cities on the planet that we can go to or hide from if we choose so. How do you see this experience created in the game?
- Any ideas on how to realize Earth ? - Considering our good old Earth won't be a concrete planet all covered with a big giant corporate city requiring permissions to land at specific locations (i.e. not like planet ArcCorp which simplifies landing) - how do you think we will land/live/work at the cities on planets like Earth or like closely related Terra?
In my opinion, As a UEE citizen I should be able to land wherever public on the UEE planets and ride my dragonfly into the cities on surface. Alien worlds may require visas in the orbit but then I should still be able to land on a shore and have my own adventure into the wilderness or alien populated cities - as a tourist at least.
Also, I've been seeing "not leaving the starting planet" threads popping which can be a good benchmark for the immersion. Technical possibility of working/surviving on 1 planet alone is intriguing and can be most possible on Earth or let's say the beautiful Cassel planet in Goss system itself.
Thanks everyone for weighing in.
[PSA] Update on ships in development <<-- Good thread where this guy is datamining the XML files to determine the following (which according to what we know is very likely to be true.... - no big surprises except work being done on Crucible - could be for baby PU repair practice mechanic - CIG wanting to explore the game mechanic with players) +++ CR mentioned that we will likely see the Starfarer hangar ready this month (in yesterday's 10ftc)
I've been comparing 2.0 to 2.1, and there's a few new Ship implementations, at least XML-wise, in the files.
It looks like the following ships have been getting some love:
Aegis Sabre Anvil Crucible Argo MPV Drake Herald (Appears to almost be Hangar ready) Drake Caterpillar Greycat Industries Cydnus MISC Reliant XIAN Scout (Woo!) Vanduul Blade Vanduul Void Bomber I know a bunch of these are known, but there's a few others that people may not have been aware that they're actively working on (assuming that the new presence of these files means they're working on them)
With the nice shiny Star Map now available it gives up a great insight into our universe but where will you go?
Perhaps the ocean planet of Tangarda in the Helios system?
Or maybe the beautiful sights of Cassel in the Gross system with its twin stars.
Personally I'm interested in Jalan in the Elysium system. Homeworld of the conquered Tevarin. I hope to see perhaps some of the old fleet that crashed onto the planet, the Tevarin architecture and its spectacular scenery.
I cant tell you how much I'm looking forward to simply touring the Universe and looking at all the sights and what better way to do it than on my 890 jump.