Anvil Valkyrie Dropship

Danakar Endeel

5 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

snip

This addresses just about all of the major criticisms I have with this ship. Though I actually think the upper deck could be remodeled to cut a meter or so off it to add little more room below, and perhaps put mounts on the back ramp to allow one to add another door MG or two.

On 10/10/2018 at 11:20 AM, M.. said:

If I can stuff this thing inside the Jav I'll get one😋

Sadly, we have the official answer now... and that answer is "no"

Does it fit in an Idris/Polaris/Javelin?

It does not fit in any of the above ships – it is too tall and too wide for the Idris to fit without breaking parts off. It is too long and wide to fit in the Javelin’s flight bay, and is too big in every axis for the Polaris.

Oh, and FYI.... The Anvil Valkyrie Q&A is (finally) out!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16829-Q-A-Anvil-Valkyrie

@GRIZZ

Well you could cut some parts off, but I dont see the importance of a Valkyrie anymore since it cannot transport heavy weapons nor supplies to the front lines with the 20 soldiers it transports. It's like you drop 20 soldiers without anny extra supplies on a planet, and then you have to "find" or "create" a safezone for some civilian (since there are no small military cargo ships) cargo ships to land and unload supplies (food meds) and heavy weaponary and its ammo.

What heavy weapons and supplies are you talking about? Infantry already has whatever they need on them.

Valkyrie is not a hauler. It's not supposed to transport supplies or ship weapons or missiles. It's a dropship and a gunship that can engage ground targets because of it has extensive VTOL capabilities.

It fits 4 cyclones + 20 heavily armored, armed to the teeth infantry + 20 rifles in weapon racks. That's more than enough.

Ship's crew(7): pilot + 2 remote turret operators + 2 manned turret operators + 2 door gunners will also have access to rifles if they need to get in on the action too.

It can also carry 12 more people on cyclones if the life support system can sustain 39 people. It can already support 27 people.

It's not a ship that needs to be carrier based since it can already support as much people as most small capital ships in a really compact package for ground operations. It can also land on a Kraken just fine.

It is THE ship for ground operations pretty much.

Not every ship needs to do everything. It's still a really good ship even if it can't carry any cargo.

Then way leave the exposed in the crew quarters open when the crew on all modern MILITARY jets are in a secure quarters splitting the craft in half. Again any craft in combat action won't have its bunks exposes especially the toilets which are not protected like the rest

They might close it off but you're likely going to despawn when you log out in a bed so they might just not require that level of fidelity. You're also likely to get into a bed in a flight suit and wake up in a flight suit so atmosphere shouldn't be a problem.

You're really only exposed to gunfire that's going through the shields when you're getting off the bed and you ideally don't want your hangar hatch open when you're taking fire anyway.

You can't really compared a space to an airplane. As not all planetery bodies have breathable atmosphere and you will land on them than combat sortie.

Question why does the pilot get a secure door and the same goes for the two turrets, yet the 2 remote turrets don't. You try are fiddle the switch and press buttons with a full suit glove on.

Flight suits are made so that you can press buttons and use switches while you're wearing one, what are you talking about?

Pilot gets a door for 2 reasons:

- 1st is OCS, so pilot doesn't also have to render anything inside the ship, for extra performance while piloting the ship pretty much. Remote turret operators don't have this issue so they don't need a door, similiar to manned turret operators.

-2nd is security. You don't want boarders to beeline for the pilot and gain control of the ship. They're likely gonna need to break the lock on pilot's door. They also don't want the pilot to get shot in the back while piloting the ship. Remote turret operators are fair game.

All the enclosed spaces for pilot seats, bridge seats etc. on all the ships are all designed in a specific way for OCS and performance reasons pretty much.

2 minutes ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Logic is where? 😕

I feel you bro. I dont get this design decision. It would take less than an hour of their time to add a cargo grid. Presently there is no reason to bring cargo and troops (ammo maybe), but I could see how some minor base components (Radar, AAA, medical bay) could be transported and set up.

In my opinion, the valk needs something to set it apart from the Hopilite. The Hopilite is now more scalable per assault size, carries more crew per pilot, and is a more capable fighter, and the valk cant be carried?  Man. I cant ever imagine where one Valkyrie would be a better choice than 5 Hoplites, any ground vehicles you could bring would be easily countered by the extra heavy fighters. 

Maybe, it is just me. People really like this bird. I think it could use some more versatility to make it stand apart from the Hoplite. Being able to start a FOB would be a great start. I think not adding cargo is a mistake by CIG. 

I really like this bird. But if it have physical space to carry a vehicle it physically has the space to carry other things similar in size and weight. The current restriction is unnecessary, artificial, and illogical. 

This bird has very similar dimensions to a Vanguard yet they say it can't fit in the Jav? Did they even check the ships' dimensions?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/valkyrie-cannot-fit-on-javelin-idris-or-polaris-do/1609527

3 hours ago, M.. said:

I really like this bird. But if it have physical space to carry a vehicle it physically has the space to carry other things similar in size and weight. The current restriction is unnecessary, artificial, and illogical. 

This bird has very similar dimensions to a Vanguard yet they say it can't fit in the Jav? Did they even check the ships' dimensions?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/valkyrie-cannot-fit-on-javelin-idris-or-polaris-do/1609527

The cargo argument is mute, imo. There are already enough ships that can handle cargo hauling duties. It's not necessary to add another ship to an already lengthy pantheon of ships in that line. I like having this ship specific to its role. Not every ship should be meant to do everything. THAT, is illogical. Plus they said you can haul cargo, you'll just have to load it by hand and risk it tumbling over since there is no dedicated mag-lock, like in dedicated cargo vessels. Let's not get taken away with this one argument. Since they planned on re-concepting the Redeemer, you'll need another ship to take its place. I think they did well on this ship. If anyone wants an armoured cargo vessel, I suggest the Hercules line. Ground combat will obviously be a major thing, so you'll need a ship specially suited to this task. I, for one am glad that I will not have to use the Hoplite for the insertion of nothing more than a fire team, when I can now bring an entire squad!

3 hours ago, M.. said:

Given that Size comparison (if accurate) posted on Spectrum, you sure would think that the Valkyrie could fit into the Javelin....  But the official answer is still "no"  so I wonder if the Devs knows something that they aren't telling us (or if maybe that size comparison isn't quite accurate)?

5 minutes ago, Arcanus said:

Given that Size comparison (if accurate) posted on Spectrum, you sure would think that the Valkyrie could fit into the Javelin....  But the official answer is still "no"  so I wonder if the Devs knows something that they aren't telling us (or if maybe that size comparison isn't quite accurate)?

I actually filed a complain via concierge. First ever complain from me. LOL.

If the Dev is stating the ship is not gonna fit, then do a fact check and provide the dimensions. Just a No is not professional and not giving any explanation.

18 minutes ago, Zarian said:

The cargo argument is mute, imo. There are already enough ships that can handle cargo hauling duties. It's not necessary to add another ship to an already lengthy pantheon of ships in that line. I like having this ship specific to its role. Not every ship should be meant to do everything. THAT, is illogical. Plus they said you can haul cargo, you'll just have to load it by hand and risk it tumbling over since there is no dedicated mag-lock, like in dedicated cargo vessels. Let's not get taken away with this one argument. Since they planned on re-concepting the Redeemer, you'll need another ship to take its place. I think they did well on this ship. If anyone wants an armoured cargo vessel, I suggest the Hercules line. Ground combat will obviously be a major thing, so you'll need a ship specially suited to this task. I, for one am glad that I will not have to use the Hoplite for the insertion of nothing more than a fire team, when I can now bring an entire squad!

It's not how many ship can do what or how many things a ship can do. The reason for the current argument is the current thought process behind the decision the Dev made is in contrary to the project. It become very restrictive, while Star Citizen was suppose to be free.

Star citizen is based on accurately sized physical grid with actual physical space, so the cargo (as a generalized term) space is physically presented in the game. Now, the Dev tells us the physical space can only carry vehicle not something else because of their own reasons - if we scale up the application - your HOA tells you the physical space in your garage can only park vehicles not something else because of their own reasons. Do you think this is a reasonable thing?

I understand Dev need to find balance in game, but I fail to find a reason why a Valk carrying cargo is going to break the balance.

If the current through process continues ships in SC will not need physical space anymore and eventually become ED or other space games.

TLDR: I'm not arguing about this ship, I'm not happy about the current Dev's thought process.

18 minutes ago, M.. said:

I actually filed a complain via concierge. First ever complain from me. LOL.

If the Dev is stating the ship is not gonna fit, then do a fact check and provide the dimensions. Just a No is not professional and not giving any explanation.

Let us know as soon as you hear anything, because I've deliberately held off on buying this ship, just because I didn't think I'd be able to land it on any of Imperium's Cap Ships.... If that changes, then I might actually want one.  😎

2 hours ago, M.. said:

It's not how many ship can do what or how many things a ship can do. The reason for the current argument is the current thought process behind the decision the Dev made is in contrary to the project. It become very restrictive, while Star Citizen was suppose to be free.

Star citizen is based on accurately sized physical grid with actual physical space, so the cargo (as a generalized term) space is physically presented in the game. Now, the Dev tells us the physical space can only carry vehicle not something else because of their own reasons - if we scale up the application - your HOA tells you the physical space in your garage can only park vehicles not something else because of their own reasons. Do you think this is a reasonable thing?

I understand Dev need to find balance in game, but I fail to find a reason why a Valk carrying cargo is going to break the balance.

If the current through process continues ships in SC will not need physical space anymore and eventually become ED or other space games.

TLDR: I'm not arguing about this ship, I'm not happy about the current Dev's thought process.

Your reasoning is somewhat flawed. The idea that Star Citizen is supposed to be 100% free is not realistic. There must be, at some point, a limitation or barrier. Going by that thought process, what's to stop the community to from asking, begging and pleading for a Super Hornet with the cargo space of a Cutlass, the refuel capability of a Starfarer, the torpedoes launchers and systems of the Polaris, while also having the anti-fighter capability of the Hammerhead. Not to mention, the hull HP of a Bengal with the range of a Carrack, but the luxury of the 600i. You see how ridiculous that sounds? I see no reason why there shouldn't be some limitations, otherwise things can spin out of control quickly.

You can have cargo in Valkyrie, there's just no dedicated mag-plate to lock boxes and crates down. Versatility is a nice thing to have, but realistically, not every ship or aircraft in any military can do everything. So why would you expect that here? That is the unrealistic part. I mean, please show me a time when a C-130 has ever shot down an F-16 in a dogfight. Point being, it's a dedicated ship for a dedicated role. Pllllllleeeeeeaaaaassseeee, let it do its job. There are more than enough cargo ships in this game to choose from already. We don't need any more...