4 hours ago, AstroJak said:

count me in as well... i might have Trak and Piece along with me but cant say what they want to do. My flight is at 12 noon thursday so it will be a good time to eat and then head to airport right after.

AJ

Make sure to say Hi to Trak and Piece for me :)

The content was very great all the videos and most of the panels.

When they originally posted the Bishop speech and Mark Hamill I was one of the peoples disappointed in the quality of the characters back then. Now that looks really great and its even going to be improved. Characters panel and the Ivo Herzog tech panel were great.

My biggest relieve though is that they are working on gameplay. In the beginning keynote all the flight and FPS gameplay was shit. That was party of course because it was some Dev guy who does not have time playing the game and is using a gamepad. So you can't solely blame the game for that but they have to work on gameplay in the next Alphas.

So because of that I was really happy for the flight model panel. Even though I always want more regarding FM I would watch a 10 hour panel on that I am very happy that they now actually say what they want and what they are working on. And things like more weight to ships and realistic parameters and them having tools to do them right is great. Peoples very deep into the Flight Model and Controls debate had critizized in the past that the simulation and model was good but the parameters fed into it were unrealistic and bogus and created the bad experience. Now they are actually changing that.

And its important that they start thinking what they want:

Mhjh9ak.png

and they also posted that they are working on ESP, controls, landing&docking as well as UI improvements

I might soon actually enjoy playing the Alpha (instead of just looking around or watching videos of it) - makes me very happy having this outlook that I missed the last year

In the last months I was getting a little depressed about the state and process of development and even started to think about what would happen if the game never came out or would take another 6 years to finish development.

After this years presentation it's much clearer where most of the work was put and why we didn't see that much during testing. I mean if you take a look at the tools they had to invent to do what they do now/will do in the upcoming releases I can more than understand the delays.

Work on the flightmodel is more than welcome btw. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By VoA
      These are probably the most important aspects of SC to understand and many may have missed this first one (perhaps the most important for understanding the PU).
      If you are interested in discussing more about these - we will be covering them in Next Week's - Blood Moon Unit's TS Meeting (Mondays at 6pm PST)  ((All in Imperium are welcome))........ on the 22nd will be CitizenCon 2948 - Panel: By Design and on the 29th will discuss CitizenCon 2948 - Panel: The Principles of Flight  +++ Please add your take on these panels - on this forum thread - thanks

• By DirectorGunner
      (not sure how to embed a video on this forum?)

• By Narayan
      Greetings, citizens!
      The last CitizenCon was very eventful.
      But, not every people have time to watch the every presentations, or at least the Opening Keynote, which duration is two hours.
      And I, by tradition, do a brief squeeze of what was on the main presentation - you can call it a trailer, or a retelling. In any case, for those who can't (or don't want) to watch the full Opening Keynote, such a format (in the dynamic “trailer” cut) will work better. Feel free to share this video with those who have not yet watched the presentation!
      Also, you can support me in:
      Citizen spotlight Spectrum Reddit P.S. The explosions make everything better.
      Enjoy watching!

• By Shtefs
      Hello,
      My wife is a huge StarCitizen fan, a backer from way back in the day.
      We recently moved to Austin, and were quite busy with said move.
      I got on today hoping to buy her a ticket, only to see that the con is sold out.
      Is there any other way to get a ticket or access to the event? Could she work the event, or help out a member of the press?
      Anything would help, she was really devastated not being able to go...
      Thank you.
    • By Narayan
      Greetings, citizens!
      I decided to do a traditional video from the last exhibition - CitizenCon 2947.
      There will be no revelations in the video - all this can be seen in the presentation itself. I just decided, choosing, in my opinion, the right music, to do the editing with the best, in my opinion, moments from the main presentation of the exhibition.
      For those who are too lazy to view the whole presentation, this option can be ideal - atmospheric and shortly about the best. And those who have already seen the exhibition, it will be nice to see all this beauty again. 
      Enjoy watching!

P.S. If you liked this video, do not be lazy to support it in:
      Sitizen Spotlight Spectrum Reddit