Drake Kraken + Privateer

VoA

4 hours ago, VoA said:

Interesting Data - but I didn't get selected even though I posted my interest.... and I have a large account - so my case refutes this assertion below... 

I do agree that some of these poll results could well be false (I suspect Russian hackers TBH :)Just curious about you not getting selected. Did you get a rejection letter? if so, then maybe it's not just account level alone but also takes into consideration the type (ie Buccaneers, Cutlasses, Dragonfles, etc) and number of Drake ships aswell? Either way it would be good to know the criteria behind the selection process.

12 minutes ago, LowZone said:

I do agree that some of these poll results could well be false (I suspect Russian hackers TBH :)Just curious about you not getting selected. Did you get a rejection letter? if so, then maybe it's not just account level alone but also takes into consideration the type (ie Buccaneers, Cutlasses, Dragonfles, etc) and number of Drake ships aswell? Either way it would be good to know the criteria behind the selection process.

CIG's criteria elude me to be honest and it almost feels random.

But if it helps the information gathering; I don't own any Drake ships (except for a Vulture CCU that I haven't applied yet) and just posted "GIB CARRACK" with no intent to even buy a Kraken (as I already suspected it would be $1500+). Yet somehow I still got into the Wave 7 leftovers. Still not going to get one though as I'd have to melt half my fleet for something I will hardly use :P

Just thought of another factor that might affect criteria - Warbond vs Store credit. Those who mostly buy warbond might be in a higher wave than someone who usually buys with store credit. CIG needs funds and it would make sense to offer the ship to those more likely to inject fresh cash. Food for thought.

8 hours ago, LowZone said:

Just thought of another factor that might affect criteria - Warbond vs Store credit. Those who mostly buy warbond might be in a higher wave than someone who usually buys with store credit. CIG needs funds and it would make sense to offer the ship to those more likely to inject fresh cash. Food for thought.

I almost exclusively get warbond and I ended up in wave 7.

I do agree that some of these poll results could well be false (I suspect Russian hackers TBH :)Just curious about you not getting selected. Did you get a rejection letter? 

Nope - just never got an e-mail saying that I was selected for one of the waves - kinda bummed - but really in the worse position in my half a decade of supporting SC finacially to get it so I am not too sad (a reality check for me - building a new house that should be done in a month or two).

if so, then maybe it's not just account level alone but also takes into consideration the type (ie Buccaneers, Cutlasses, Dragonfles, etc) and number of Drake ships aswell? Either way it would be good to know the criteria behind the selection process.

I used to have a Caterpillar, Buccaneer, Cutlass Red....  but now all I have from Drake is the Vulture and Dragonfly.... but below is an image of my current pledge so it definetly has nothing to do with how large an account is (for the selection criteria)

image.png.5e58746a8cae0b76a6bf09256692e097.png

9 hours ago, M.. said:

At least a couple for Quasar as well🖖

Ya we have 2 confirmed for Blood Moon Squadron (and possibly a few more that have been selected in later waves) :) - so this helps not being able to get one for my fleet.

8 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

CIG's criteria elude me to be honest and it almost feels random.

But if it helps the information gathering; I don't own any Drake ships (except for a Vulture CCU that I haven't applied yet) and just posted "GIB CARRACK" with no intent to even buy a Kraken (as I already suspected it would be $1500+). Yet somehow I still got into the Wave 7 leftovers. Still not going to get one though as I'd have to melt half my fleet for something I will hardly use :P

I don't think it was random - I think they read what people wrote.  I should have written what @Reavern wrote - that I wanted one for our Vanduul Hunting unit....... but instead I put down that I wanted to use it as a Trading Hub / Port of Call...... and you can see from the Q/A that CIG removed this as an option (though in the first RTV they mentioned it would be one of its functions).

16 minutes ago, Devil Khan said:

Don't forget that it will be on until 30th and there is not a limited of ship yet, but limited supply of people.

Ya there maybe an option still for me to pick one up - but I really don't think any will be left - CIG priced it perfectly in my opinion...

I'm in Wave 7, but  it states "Your wave begins Sunday October 21st 00:00 UTC. It continues through October 31st at 06:59am UTC." Are the other waves shorter or do people in Wave 1 also have until 31 Oct to buy their allocated ship?

Good bye, Carrier Air Wing, it's been nice knowing you... (AKA: Didn't want that Polaris anyway)

Interesting point about inflation (and why to get into concept sales early)....

tavern_upload_large.jpg

From Spectrum...

Sorri Silver@NFI-Sorri

After the 890 Q&A at citizencon a player did ...

Discussion
Today at 3:10 am
kraken sits at 275m with 3754 scu for $1650USD , 890j sits at 195m (just shy of 200) with 1640 SCU original concept price at $600. Discuss

1 hour ago, AstroJak said:

I did get mine, wave 1... have to say i'm disappointed with Q&A saying landed ships are not covered

by shields, i was very sure John Crewe said they would be during his Q&A live at site citcon with Disco... I'll have to re watch that

Actually you are mistaken by this they said that the current Shield technology would not protect the ships but the new Shield technology that they're developing will envelop the ship and cover the ships that are on the deck of the Kraken look at the panel that I posted about the cloth technology Sean Tracy :)

1 hour ago, VoA said:

tavern_upload_large.jpg

From Spectrum...

Sorri Silver@NFI-Sorri

Discussion
kraken sits at 275m with 3754 scu for $1650USD , 890j sits at 195m (just shy of 200) with 1640 SCU original concept price at $600. Discuss

The 890 most definitely does not have 1640 SCU in the new measurements. That is the old measures that have not been updated for years. Best estimates seem to be around 350-400 SCU of the new measurements. Keeping in mind that is only slightly less than an M2 Hercules, its hardly insignificant however.

The inflation is real however - I purchased the 890J at original concept for $600 USD, can't imagine what it is worth now. 

I still love the old Idris design - can only dream. Not happy with how that one turned out, mine was melted a few years ago.

1 hour ago, VoA said:

tavern_upload_large.jpg

From Spectrum...

Sorri Silver@NFI-Sorri

Discussion

Hi VOA, I think the author of this post is being rather misleading. The Kraken is warbond $1400 with cargo space for 3754 SCU. the 890 jump did concept several year back for 600$ but is now $890usd and only has cargo for several hundred SCU (word is 360 SCU). The 1600 mentioned by the author is from the old freight units system which unfortunately is still intermixed among the new SCU system on the matrix. Newer concepts should be more accurate.

cheers,

AJ

21 minutes ago, AstroJak said:

Hi VOA, I think the author of this post is being rather misleading. The Kraken is warbond $1400 with cargo space for 3754 SCU. the 890 jump did concept several year back for 600$ but is now $890usd and only has cargo for several hundred SCU (word is 360 SCU). The 1600 mentioned by the author is from the old freight units system which unfortunately is still intermixed among the new SCU system on the matrix. Newer concepts should be more accurate.

cheers,

AJ

Also, one can put 10 maybe 12 or 13 Super Hornets or other similarly sized ships on and in it if you park carefully (and repair, rearm, and refuel them). The other cannot.