Drake Kraken + Privateer

VoA

The requirements for the essay was laughable. Only 1000 character (including spacing between words). Wrote an entire page and had to delete everything but two paragraphs. Probably just a mechanism to keep out bots from buying out the available stock, like during the previous Javelin sales

34 minutes ago, Athenos said:

The requirements for the essay was laughable. Only 1000 character (including spacing between words). Wrote an entire page and had to delete everything but two paragraphs. Probably just a mechanism to keep out bots from buying out the available stock, like during the previous Javelin sales

I wrote two sentences and got through, but it took 6 attempts, as the page didn't do anything the first 5 submissions.

I didn't want that Polaris, anyway. 🙂

I really hope people in Imperium Pick up the Kracken - I think it is really cool...... but think I am sticking with my Idris (as they said its more of a military ship with more powerful components and stronger armor and the Idris M having the Rail Gun + with the ships being protected in its bellie - though the Kracken has 2 internal bays and more cargo) ....  I a bit disappointed with the fact that they decided not to at a retail component to the ship - so I probably won't pick one up (but hope others do) ;) 

3 hours ago, M.. said:

BTW, is this going to be an Idris eater

Actually not according to John Crew - per his Q/A on the Kraken.    It will be far easier to crack open a Kraken than an Idris (which is more of a military ship with more powerful guns - especially the Idris M with the STS Turret and Rail Gun)

I applied for one.

it gives me vibes of captain harlock :)

Would be perfect to assist my mining fleet (Orion and prospector) with deterent presence, refuelling, repairs, firepower if needed  and huge cargo hold for the gathered minerals...

+ it can land when time is come to collect the credits $$$$$$.

7 hours ago, Amy Babe said:

I applied for one.

it gives me vibes of captain harlock :)

Would be perfect to assist my mining fleet (Orion and prospector) with deterent presence, refuelling, repairs, firepower if needed  and huge cargo hold for the gathered minerals...

+ it can land when time is come to collect the credits $$$$$$.

Yeah, while the trailer showed it as a badass carrier launching fighters with a music theme that reminded me of the movie Battleship but it can also be used as a mobile base for Prospectors or Vultures. The Kraken by its presence alone would already be a big deterrent to pirates so it could be used to oversee mining/salvaging operations with the Kraken having a massive cargohold for storing the finds. :)

So loadout on this according to site is:

1x S8 Manned Turret (2x S8 guns), this is probably one of the two in front, likely the one near bigger landing pads

4x S6 Manned Turret (2x S6 guns), these are all over the ship

4x S5 Remote Turrets (2x S5 guns), I don't know where these are

So it needs 9 turret gunners and a pilot to fully crew + engineering/repair + fighter pilots.

It has all the things we love and expect from Drake ships pretty much. A ton of firepower and utility, likely cheap to repair and run with bad armor and bad shields.

Landing pads being out in the open is huge for fighters to scramble fast in a combat situation, they'll likely be protected by Kraken's shields until they take off. They also look big enough to store some thougher combat ships like Vanguards, Hornets, Sabres, especially the ones with foldable wings.

So I think Kraken ends up being a weaker ship to go head-to-head against things like Polaris and Idris but I'd expect with the extra 6 small to mid sized fighters, it can just eradicate those ships.

I think this is a really good ship for daily org. play that can support a plethora of different missions.

MMmm.... now I got a problem.... I always logically dismiss certain ships for various reasons (see my previous posts) - until I see something like this - NICE 3d Model - and more impressed with the Kraken now 😎 - See link below