Sign in to follow this  
Badazzle

No more 1 FPS drops (Increase SSD Page Filing Size)

I done this to my SSD with Star Citizen and it fixed the 1 FPS drops.

Video:

https://youtu.be/rA3lHNKWb_4?t=226

If you have windows 10, follow the guide on the video, if you have windows 7, just go into control panel, at the top right search for advanced system and click 'View advanced system settings', on the left click [Advanced System Settings].

Next click on [settings] under performance in the advanced tab.

Next click on the [advanced] tab at the top, then click [Change], click your SSD drive with Star Citizen on it and click Custom Size, I have mine set to min 18000 and max 40000, multiple your ram by 1.5 on a calculator and use that as your min.

This fixed my game dropping to 1 FPS and lagging in general, hope it helps!

Side note:

RAM is high speed.

HDD and SSD are relatively slow speed.

The idea of a page file is a "RAM overflow" area set aside on the HDD or SSD. This is a way of cheating some extra apparent RAM into the system but if it gets used there is a performance hit because of the slower speed of the Drive vs RAM.

Suggests a sort of "right back at ya" approach, instead of putting the page file on the drive, create a virtual drive partition within RAM, and target the page file there.

'If you have 32GB of RAM, this is not needed.'

Its counter intuitive because if you have that much RAM to begin with it shouldn't need to hit the page file at all. This is a way of providing it a page file anyway but at a higher speed. Pretty clever if it works right.

It also saves wear and tear on the SSD which have a finite number of read/write cycles. RAM is designed to be rapidly and constantly switched. SSD is designed to tolerate it to an extent but not an infinite one.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Narayan
      Greetings, citizens!

Recently, in Star Citizen hosted the Intergalactic Aerospace Expo 2948, and this gave me the necessary material for the new video, which I had long thought about - Constellation Phoenix cinematic.
      The video made in the same style as my 600i cinematic - and these ships, in general, are similar to each other. And only you decide, which one is better.
      I hope you will enjoy it!

P.S. You can support me in:
      Citizen Spotlight Spectrum Reddit  

• By Core
      Happy Holidays @Imperium Member
      We’re returning from our hiatus with a brief announcement for this months Game Day, which will be held this next Saturday, December 15th! With the recent explosion of content in the form of patch 3.3, and even more patches in the near future providing exponentially more places and events to explore, we wanted to provide some assistance to those that were looking to enjoy the new additions to the game, but wished to do so with some friends and org-mates.
      Joining Game Day
      In pursuit of that goal, as mentioned above, this next Saturday will be the next Game Day, held from 1600 UTC to 0400 UTC. If you are interested in playing Star Citizen with other members of the community, join us on TeamSpeak in the Game Day channel section! If you’re looking to do something specific, such as explore the PU, shoot one another in Battle Royale, or get some flight hours in Arena Commander, follow these steps:
      Create a sub-channel in the relevant parent channel of the Game Day section of TS
      Include LFM, or LFG in the title of your sub-channel
      In the channels description provide an idea of what you’re looking to do
      Alternatively, you’re welcome to hang out and chat in the Landing Channel should you desire a break from the game!
      Some minor changes from the format of our last Game Days will be effective for this month. We’re going to omit having hosts present for each hour of the event, opting instead for staff to enjoy the game alongside all of you. We’re looking forward exploring the new content with everyone!
      With that, we hope to see some of you next weekend, and we wish all of you safe travels and happy holidays! We’ll be back next year with more events in store, so we hope to see you then!

Read this post for information on the game and our Game Days:

• By Devil Khan
      It does say quite a few interesting points.
    • By Narayan
      Greetings, citizens!
      To my surprise, many people really liked my last video. And people in comments was asked me to make the night version. But I didn't do this, because I believe that the original work has already been completed, and I can't to redo it or make a copy of it.
      However, I found a much more interesting solution - I made a timelapse video with the surroundings of the Lorville!
      I tried to find interesting perspectives and solutions, and I hope that it will be interesting for you to watch this video.
      Like my other timelapses, this video is available in 4K and 60 FPS.
      Enjoy watching!
      P.S. you can support me here:

• By Narayan
      Greetings citizens!
      With the start of testing the 3.3.5 patch, we were finally given the first large planet in the game - Hurston. 6 biomes, 1/6 of the real size of Earth and, of course, the city of Lorville, which looks like one big reference to the films of the “Blade Runner” series.
      It was hard to resist and not make this video. I tried to complete the video with interesting angles and shots. However, please note that this is not a review of Lorville - this is just an cinematic artistic video in the style of the film.
      Enjoy watching!
      P.S. You can support me here: