AaronT

At night SC crashes constantly but I can play fine in the day?

I am in Texas, I can play during the day, but at night I can't do anything hardly in the live game.

Tonight I have yet to play more than 1:15 (one minute and fifteen seconds) and right now I am stuck at the ship retrieval kiosk at Olisar.

I have al the sound lady talking, etc, but I am frozen, no control inputs, escape, etc, been 5 minutes now.

But this afternoon I got on and flew all around, just like always, day-good, night-bad.

is it the server perhaps, I am getting over 100 Mbps.

Thank you.

@AaronT honestly, it's probably due to larger numbers of people being online. Higher traffic=lower performance in the alpha. 

Honestly, though, we're not CIG, so we have little knowledge on what would be happening with the backend. You'd want to maybe put the question onto Spectrum on the RSI website and maybe a Dev will provide a reply. 

2 hours ago, AaronT said:

Thank you.

go check the hardware threads. I post sales with links etc for things like SSDs, monitors, mobos, etc.

Save money but get the best tech you can afford. For an SSD, I recommend, in this order, Samsung, Intel, Crucial. I used OCZ and hated the things - bricks all of the ones I had.

Anybody else wanna weigh in on what you think is best for you?