The Disabled might as well not play SC

AaronT

Broke my neck in Army, every minute is in pain.

Was trying to go get fuel for the very first time, dropped in and was about to land and shot up and all my pain and effort was for nothing.

Trying one more time, I hope I did not waste my money on SC.

It seems the only solo modes are mini games and have no access to Crusader only small area's.

If I spend an hour at my PC I do so in pain, so to have some 12 year old waste my time is infuriating.

If I was not in pain constantly and could just sit and play it might not be so bad.

Thank you for any help or advice.

Edited by AaronT
Misspelt a word

I just logged out the 2nd time. 

Was as going to upgrade to the Avanger Titan or Cutlass Black and get  VorpX for the Oculus Rift but that would be throwing more money away.

I flew to Daymar and was never shot at, is this normal to get shot at while trying to land at the fuel/repair station called Cry something?

Thank you.

Missions are far and few at the moment with this current build.  Cargo runs will take a bit to make a profit, but use the “app” at starcitizen.danielaburke.com to help you find the best runs. If you get pulled from quantum.... don’t fight... just boost away while your drive spools up and keep going. —- Mining if you can swing it during this free fly week will make you the most cash and it’s stress free. Avoid the locations near outpost. Harder for grieves to find you. Sometimes if you ask, guys With extra ships will let you borrow their extra ships if you want to try other things. 

Good luck. Have fun. You didn’t waste your money, but the game is in MEGA early stages to be a “complete” game. Enjoy brother. 

@AaronT all depends on your playstyle and what you plan on doing in the game. If you're wanting to do fast cargo running, Reliants are supposed to be good for that. Cutlass would be better than Avenger for things like cargo space and soaking up damage, but the Avenger would be better at maneuvering/getting away from a fight. There are a number of ships in that range/level that would be good, including the Freelancer.

The game alpha is painful for me too and I don't have any injury or handicap.

I can't imagine how bad it is if you have added physical pain at the PC.

Maybe stick to watching videos about the game and streamers and such which you can enjoy in a more relaxed position until the game alpha is more polished and therefore better enjoyable. There are many good SC streamers on twitch or youtube.

At the moment the play-space available to us is still relatively small so it's more common to find people hanging out at certain areas in order to shoot at ships. Once more systems get added you will have more locations to go to and likely also more stations that offer refuelling/repair and may also have npc patrols and/or defense turrets.

Eventually I foresee that actual PvP combat will be relegated to 'outlaw systems' while UEE controlled space will have lots of security. Ofcourse you could still get attacked by npc pirates and/or Vanduul but I'm betting that players who want to shoot other players will be hiding out near tradelanes in uncontrolled space. :)

Thank you, I am not sure exactly what I want to do yet, most likely cargo if it pays well, looking more closely at the Freelancer.

On the link above to the cargo tool, I could not see hardly any profits, but I was probably looking at it wrong.

I will like SC, like everything it will be a little confusing for me at times but then it will click.

Several times I have gotten a message to give someone a ride for a little pay, or these NPC's needing transport?

Also, are there passenger missions yet?  They are my favorite, along with combat in ED.

Are there missions boards yet?

I assume right now it is mainly combat, cargo, or mining?

6 minutes ago, AaronT said:

Thank you, I am not sure exactly what I want to do yet, most likely cargo if it pays well, looking more closely at the Freelancer.

On the link above to the cargo tool, I could not see hardly any profits, but I was probably looking at it wrong.

I will like SC, like everything it will be a little confusing for me at times but then it will click.

Several times I have gotten a message to give someone a ride for a little pay, or these NPC's needing transport?

Also, are there passenger missions yet?  They are my favorite, along with combat in ED.

Are there missions boards yet?

I assume right now it is mainly combat, cargo, or mining?

-About the Cargo Tool I have no idea.

-The message (Blue box on the right side of the screen) about giving someone a ride are actually players that create a beacon asking for help so yeah, they are player that need someone to pick them, you can accept these missions using the keyboard button:  "[" when the blue popup is showing.

-As already said, the message are passenger missions :)

-The mission boards are in the MobiGlas, the screen that show up when you tap the button "F1", there are little squares to change between sections and each one show some utilities as: change equipment, Change Ship equipment, Show Star Map,etc... The last one is: Contract Manager, where you can accept different missions, some are: Mercenary missions where you have to kill some pirate ships, Delivery missions where you have to pick a box somewhere and and deliver it to other places, Investigation mission where you have to go to a site and find some clues about what happened there, and some more different mission (not a lot more) but are actually "fun" to do and you can learn some things while you are doing them.

18 hours ago, JediKel said:

Missions are far and few at the moment with this current build.  Cargo runs will take a bit to make a profit, but use the “app” at starcitizen.danielaburke.com to help you find the best runs. If you get pulled from quantum.... don’t fight... just boost away while your drive spools up and keep going. —- Mining if you can swing it during this free fly week will make you the most cash and it’s stress free. Avoid the locations near outpost. Harder for grieves to find you. Sometimes if you ask, guys With extra ships will let you borrow their extra ships if you want to try other things. 

Good luck. Have fun. You didn’t waste your money, but the game is in MEGA early stages to be a “complete” game. Enjoy brother. 

On the tool there are green numbers which says "Buy's" when you hover the cursor over them, and there are red numbers that say "Sells".

Am I right in thinking that the ones in green and the listed locations only sell that product at the listed price, and ones in red and the associated markets only buy those items at the listed price?

If that is so right now I do not see a single profit to be made in cargo, only losses.

I hope I am reading it wrong and you can buy from one place at 24.00 and sell for 28.00 regardless of the colors.

DOH! I think I have it backwards, in which case the red sells it at a lower price and the green buys it from me at a higher price.

I will try it out.

7 minutes ago, Fintz said:

In the Aurora you can for sure, Though I can't remember if someone can crawl behind the pilot seat.

Thank you, so in that case if I am just out landing on a planet for fun and screenshots, and get an offer I can make a quick 100EUC or however the currency/credit is listed.

Thank you.