Crusader Mercury Starrunner

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can still obtain Advocacy skin.

From this week's Newsletter Mercury Star Runner Turret seats Looks like the front seat will rotate the operator 90 degrees (plus flips the operator?) and then moves down into the bott

For those that don't follow the Spectrum forum threads closely, this question was asked and ANSWERED by Zyloh-CIG:   ...and this is the skin they're referring to (if

Posted Images

The two ship are really different, other than cargo. connie has X times more firepower and armor. They do have the same shield spec size though and Mercury has 2x M quantum tanks. It has 52x S2 missiles alone and the snub fighter 2x S1 and 1x S2 weapons. 4x S4 Gimbal and 4x S2 turret weapons all can focus on one target, the Mercury has 4xS3 and 2x S2 and they can't fire at the same target afaik.   

22 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Eh? I just bought a $5 Terrapin-to-Mercury CCU. And what makes it even nicer is that the Terrapin was only $195 initially before it got boosted up to $220 value; so a nice $25 discount for my Mercury. :D

Terrapin-Mercury-CCU.png.3305dc2071c9a6d9158884bbe22c2a1f.png

Oh, sorry, its the cheapest CCU from an always available for sale ship.

3 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Constellation is Old and Busted. Mercury is the New Hotness! :P

Per @Devil Khan

2 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

Mercury is for talking, the connie is for fighting. 

Yes - with More Firepower with Connie, Options for Rovers (Ursa or Lynx), Snub Fighters (P52 or P72) + larger interior space, more armor (especially on Phoenix), etc....

While the Mercury is "newer" the Connie is more efficient in its design - 4 nacelles as oppose to a group main thruster that can be more easily taken out entirely (as oppose to loosing one or two).   The Connie is much more efficient in terms of interior space, better docking options, better cargo loading options, better crew loading options (as far as we know - with elevator), etc...

2 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

Connie was official called long range space superiority craft. The classification change was just after the KS.

Connie "IS STILL" officially called long range space superiority craft. = Per RTV - Disco on Friday :)

18 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

Still looking at the  Mercury beside the cutlass and connie and I can't figure out why it's a really a tardis for the internal layout. :D

Edit: Tardis is name of a "thing" on Dr. Who. The tardis is bigger on the inside than on the outside, which a police phone box.

I have the same problem, I think its because the 3 large rooms inside the conny make it feel smaller than it really is.  I bet those rooms in the Starrunner will feel ....cozy.  Plus the small cockpit glass opening make the ship look biger where the Cutlass looks smaller.

StarMeme.jpg

20 hours ago, VoA said:

tavern_upload_large.jpg

The above size comparison doesn't look quite right.

• The Cutlass front cockpit holds a single person between the struts (with space to walk on either side)
  • The Constellation front cockpit holds three seats with space to walk around(ish)
  • The FreeLancer has two seats in the cockpit

And the Mercury also has two seats in the cockpit--but the comparison above looks like only a single person would fit.  I don't think the Mercury looks quite correct or shows it's correct size in this picture.  That said, it is only the initial model too and it could be wrong (very likely!).

It does look like a smaller (tighter) bridge than on the aurora :D.  I'd say it will be 1-2 m added to make the bridge normal with just room in the middle of the two pilots. And longer to fit in the rooms in internal, like cousy IE tight but not too tight.

It's not the 600i wrong size. That was just more than 1 group doing the stats and the broucher. They hadn't got a internal mockup at concept.

6 hours ago, Buckaroo said:

The above size comparison doesn't look quite right.

• The Cutlass front cockpit holds a single person between the struts (with space to walk on either side)
  • The Constellation front cockpit holds three seats with space to walk around(ish)
  • The FreeLancer has two seats in the cockpit

And the Mercury also has two seats in the cockpit--but the comparison above looks like only a single person would fit.  I don't think the Mercury looks quite correct or shows it's correct size in this picture.  That said, it is only the initial model too and it could be wrong (very likely!).

It's likely that when they flush out the interior it will "grow" in size - since this happens on a regular occurrence by CIG :)

Here is another (from another source) - and these are based on the model and length CIG gives the community - but again - it doesn't mean it won't grow in size...

-6UBZqkAbPX0DidmPs48tWS8XHcZ4IFLcsx6PRfMlQc.png?s=352f7cd0f172e2840af0eed68f2e92de

+++

Below is an overlay by a player of the interior and exterior

UTE5KFKAYvEipGn97oM4LYrA81nf-dkU8FNQuZOSW8U.png?s=7cdb1ed6f0dc07abe6e254bd3b48391a

tavern_upload_large.png

That black skin is damn sexy!  I really want it more now... But it's either that (plus other ships) or my Hercules C2.

I wonder if the other skin was going to be the white skin shown in some of the concept pictures, and depending on what it was if they are planning on selling it as an extra...

On 8/29/2018 at 1:37 AM, Buckaroo said:

That black skin is damn sexy!  I really want it more now... But it's either that (plus other ships) or my Hercules C2.

I wonder if the other skin was going to be the white skin shown in some of the concept pictures, and depending on what it was if they are planning on selling it as an extra...

The white skin is how it will come standard. The image below is from the sales page :)

Crusader3-Min.jpeg

Some cool Player made skins from Voon

tavern_upload_large.jpg

tavern_upload_large.jpg

+++++

Here is a good image to understand Cargo for the Mercury (but I personally think the Mercury will grow in size to actually fit the interior layout as shown in the concept - into the exterior shell - see a previous post on this).... but.... from 

Feru_Feru@Feru_Feru

For comparison, Taken directly from CIG's own Holomodels. (all credits go to Leonin). The Green space is exactly the same size on both models.

source.png

^^^^^^^^^^ 

However..... the Freelancer has 2 cargo holds - the green only shows the forward area - there middle section (after the first cargo door) also stores cargo)

++++

Sir Berticus@Sir-Berticus

Mercury cargo is divided into a left and right side: each side has two perfectly square cargo plates measuring 3x3. 

tavern_upload_large.jpg

tavern_upload_large.jpg

Star-Runner-9.jpg

Mercury-Star-Runner-6.jpg

One thing I'd hate to be  the downer The pilot may be able to see a wider forward view, but let or right ... Heh.

Again this ship has zero windows :( aside for the bridge. It isn't stealthy or military. I know there has to be at least 2 enteries, the back ramp and possible where I thought was crew quarters, but since there are  doors leading to nowhere means that it isn't every area filled in yet. Even though it is merely concept and when it goes ahead they will probably start (internally) from scratch.   

I love the Mercury for a number of reason (had a Herald for a long time and constantly wanted to un-melt it)..... I love the Medium-Large ship size.... love the efficient of layout (though not as efficient as a Connie but more efficient than a Tali)........ etc.....

But here's more reasons why to choose a Connie over the Mercury StarRunner (if you had to make a choice) = even better yet a Phoenix :gr_pimp:

1 hour ago, Devil Khan said:

One thing I'd hate to be  the downer The pilot may be able to see a wider forward view, but let or right ... Heh.

Connies have great views from many angles and up / down.   Remember having struts give you more amour to protect the pilots than ships that have bubble canopies with no struts (yes CIG mentioned this - and why certain ships like the Harbinger and Carrack have blast shields that also come down over parts of the canopy)

Again this ship has zero windows :( aside for the bridge

Phoenix :gr_pimp: has a moon roof and side windows as well..... but for a smuggling ship - don't think it is needed (but not as good of quality of life on long missions without windows)

It isn't stealthy or military.

Actually it is the opposite of Stealthy like most Scanning ships are (it will light EM up big time doing data scans).  Phoenix :gr_pimp: is really as close to a military ship a civilian ship can get with it Armor, better than P52 --- P72 snub, PDS turret, weapons, tons of missiles, high end components, etc....

I know there has to be at least 2 enteries, the back ramp and possible where I thought was crew quarters, but since there are  doors leading to nowhere means that it isn't every area filled in yet. Even though it is merely concept and when it goes ahead they will probably start (internally) from scratch.   

Actually I think it will only have the back ramp and no elevators (unlike a Connie).   Connie cargo elevators also can more easily fit a Rover and load cargo than up a ramp.

----------------

I know @Devil Khan - you like the Connie like I do -but wanted to highlight your points since TOO MANY people are always attracted to shiny new things........ where in my opinion the Connie is still the better ship (I am fortunate enough to be able to pledge for both -but If I had to choose one over the other - I would choose the Connie).