Crusader Mercury Starrunner

GRIZZ

3 hours ago, Zenno-z said:

It's nice that they made more room in the back, it needed some adjustments from what i remember when i bought it.  But not every ship needs to be able to fit a rover in it, LoL.  I bought it not expecting too.  Would rather have it a smaller size all around proportionally then it fit a rover.

Is there a smaller entrance on it?  Or only the back ramp?

Currently the only known entrance is the rear ramp.  It was stated during the concept sale/Q&A that this was the only entrance and they weren't looking at adding any other, but CIG has been known to listen to the backers on other concept ships.  We could see perhaps another entrance added.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am so excited to get to fly this ship!  I really like the Drake Cutlass Black because it is the jack of all trades for the PTU at the moment, but I really think the Mercury will be about the right size I need for most of my adventures in the verse.  Thank you Grizz for the pics, I really like what I see.

MB

From this week's Newsletter :)

Mercury Star Runner Turret seats

CloudImperiumGames_StarCitizen_Crusader_Star_Runner_Turret_Seats.thumb.jpg.4423c5c9eeb1607738654c6765816ab7.jpg

Looks like the front seat will rotate the operator 90 degrees (plus flips the operator?) and then moves down into the bottom turret while the other also rotate the operator 90 degrees and then moves up into the top turret. :)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Morgen Black said:

I find it very interesting that in your first posted pic, you can see the Crusader bump in the Mercury but we have also seen that in pics released for the Crusader Hercules Starlifter.  At least they are keeping some similarities between Crusader ships.

MB

Yeah, it was a surprise to me too but it's nice to see how both the Starrunner and Starlifter will have similar elements in the interior. :)

Almost there... 😍

Mercury-roadmap03102020.png.b8204db285f5a966106a4349d177e8a1.png

How odd though that it's not in the hands of Evocati yet. As I recall a couple of years ago the Reclaimer was still sitting at 34/56 tasks on the roadmap while Evocati were already testing it out in the PTU. ;) 

Ah well, at least it's good to see that there are only a few more tasks to go before we can finally get our hands on the Millenium Falcon ... uh, I mean ... the Ebon Hawk ... uh, I mean ... the Star Runner. :P

Also hoping that CIG haven't completely gimped its speed as I'm still hoping to see a Star Runner and not a Star Crawler.

• 4 weeks later...

The Mercury has now moved to "polishing". :D

Mercury-polishinh.png.9ae65795b079fa191e06098e30623dec.png

However, I suspect that CIG will hold off on release until the Intergalactic Aerospace Expo which starts on the 20th of November. 

They also showed us a teaser image for the Expo and the middle image appears to be part of the Mercury. Eagle-eyed backers spotted that this area is near the scanner dish section of the ship. Not sure what the other 2 images are. Some speculated that the first image might be a new straight-to-flyable ship from Consolidated Outland called the "Nomad" while the third image might be concept art of a turret for the RSI "Odin" gunboat that was 'leaked' a while back. I'm not sure what the first and third images represent but the second one definitely looks like it's a section of the Mercury. :)

IAESneakPeak-Min.thumb.jpg.42349bb0825bf32362b0b742e3aa7fa2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

For those that don't follow the Spectrum forum threads closely, this question was asked and ANSWERED by Zyloh-CIG:

image.thumb.png.df7cb739bfd20230d82122ec7a5d1466.png

image.thumb.png.b7fdbe509060d2b9628cde08134e92e2.png

image.thumb.png.568b109a2a03f985d15718f5e92fe5a6.png

image.thumb.png.a277b893fc9e5f7ad2b60503c69192c1.png

...and this is the skin they're referring to (if you don't know) that one could collect by playing the mini-game during the original concept sale of the Mercury Star Runner

image.thumb.png.610c35696d896639232ab719799a0144.png

EDIT:  Pulled this info from another thread regarding the "Advocacy" lettering shown on the original NightRunner skin:

image.thumb.png.81e777830d722daaaf771ba51ac99ce6.png

I posted this on the RSI website but thought I may ask it here for assistance:

I am asking the community if anyone has had this issue with the MSR while being in 3rd person view from behind the ship? The engine bloom from behind the ship, no matter if you are skewed above and behind or below and behind; in 3rd person the bloom is extremely intense and does make it difficult to see your surroundings on landing at darker landing zones. I have tried adjusting in-game graphics settings and nothing really seems to correct the situation. If anyone has a solution to get rid or minimize the bloom, I am open to suggestions.

I attached two different pictures taken from a side view with no bloom and from behind with intense bloom only a few seconds apart upon landing at a pad on Microtech. I can also see it during day operations, but it is not as obvious as it is at night. Thank you for your input.

ScreenShot0017.jpg

ScreenShot0019.jpg

2 hours ago, Zenno-z said:

Damn, those night pictures really make me miss the center engine even more now.  😞

Are you saying you want more bloom?  I am pretty sure that is way too much for my taste and I wish it was reduced by more than 75%, so that I could actually fly it successfully in 3rd person on the dark side of the planet.

MB

On 11/27/2020 at 12:56 PM, Morgen Black said:

Are you saying you want more bloom?  I am pretty sure that is way too much for my taste and I wish it was reduced by more than 75%, so that I could actually fly it successfully in 3rd person on the dark side of the planet.

MB

Nope, not at all.  The MSR just looks nice at night.  Engines look great but yes need to be toned down.

To me, the overall ship looks way too big for those two little engines and whatever that is suppose to be in the back of the wing areas.  Those two engines need to be increased in size.  Or the little things in the wings need to look much more serious if they are suppose to be engines.  I own the ship and love it but taking that center engine out killed the back end of it entirely for me.  

Looks more like a Mercury Star Walker now. 😞

edit:  They choose a rover over looks unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

The story continues (and it looks like there is more after this :) )

Intrepid smuggler Alex Dougan is in the midst of a messy job that sees her reunited with unpredictable former cohort Madi Zhen, pursued by bounty hunters and gangsters, and haunted by specters from her past. Can Dougan pilot her trusty Crusader Mercury, the 'Belligerent Duck', out of trouble yet again? Or will her luck - and her quantum fuel - finally run out?

I can't seem to find a list of the actor/actresses that played those parts.  Madi sounds like the chick from Big Bang Theory. 

That said, I know they probably did this all with either mocap and/or the new head tracking software, but I wish still they would have held off on making these till the tech was better at capturing facial expressions AND they had fleshed out character creation more (the hairstyles available not to mention clothing is terrible right now).