Crusader Mercury Starrunner

GRIZZ

The Crusader Mercury Starrunner is an upcoming concept ship. It has been billed as a "Blockade Runner" and is featured in a Spectrum Dispatch titled On The Run.

The Mercury, Crusader Industries’ star runner chassis, checks all the boxes expected of a dependable courier vessel, and then some. If you need it there fast and unscathed, you can’t do better than the Mercury. Built with the same engineering and design principals that has made Crusader the go-to manufacturer for galactic transport on any scale, the star lifter chassis sets new standards for data and cargo conveyance. 

Original pricing is $200 LTI Warbond, and $225 credit 6 month

Weehampster's excellent image album.

Mercury_ALEX_SkinSM_04_flyin.png

sysefcy6hwh11.jpg

This ship was teased on Aug. 22nd, 2018 with the most recent lore, and it lines up with speculation that a new Data Runner ship was on the way.

OnTheRun.jpg

Some tidbits from the story.

the ramp straight for datastorage

she made her way to the star runner’s cockpit  (possible old concept name missed in the proofreading?)

the ship’s wide swept-back wings cut easily through Terra’s calm atmosphere. 

the manned turret’s seat

achieved lock and fired two missiles.

Mas fired the turret again. The distortion cannons bit into the Sabre, disrupting its power.

Diverting power from the Mercury’s shields and thrusters, Mas booted up their reg-spoof. Now, they would be able to fly around incognito for a little while. Should be fine as long as no one looked too hard or took a shot at them. She hoped they weren’t the only ones in the area flying a Mercury today.

TO BE CONTINUED

Able to knock out a pair of sabers and make a getaway I'm not picturing a large lumbering ship at all.

Fan made speculation, but the lines feel too Carrack to me.

Spoiler

ry6kxof6dmh11.jpg

It is likely a Data Runner / Smuggling ship (as oppose to the Drake Herald - which is only really a Info Runner)

There was talk about smuggling in this Calling all Devs and DISCO eludes to a ship taking advantage of it at 17:55m into the video - that it to relates to a ship coming out in the near future.... ♦️

The Page is up now - https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16725-Crusader-Mercury-Join-The-Manhunt

Crusader3-Min.jpeg

Spoiler

Crusader Mercury

Wanted_poster_houlanUPDATED-2.jpg
Wanted_poster_douganUPDATED-1.jpg
advocacy.svg

ADVOCACY ALERT!
MANHUNT IN PROGRESS 
VIOLENT CRIMINALS AT LARGE

Two of the Empire's most wanted, Alexandria Dougan and Mas Houlan, have reportedly robbed a laboratory facility on Terra owned by well-known weapons manufacturer Behring Applied Technology. They are presumed to be somewhere within Terra, or a connecting system.

Dougan and Houlan are wanted across various systems for crimes including illegal data running, interstellar smuggling of contraband, possession and transportation of banned substances, transport and sale of stolen data, resisting arrest, espionage, digital larceny, assault and battery of law enforcement, impersonating an Advocacy officer, illegal transport of a protected species, insurance fraud, drunk and disorderly, and public indecency. They should be considered dangerous and should not be engaged under any circumstances.

Dougan is female, Human, medium height, and sleight build, brunette hair. She is thought to be in her late twenties. A savant pilot and incorrigible scofflaw.

Houlan is male, Banu, tall with an average build. He is a talented hacker wanted in several UEE and Xi'an systems. He has escaped Bremen Militia custody at least twice.

VEHICLE: GUNMETAL/WHITE CRUSADER MERCURY

TO PROVIDE/REQUEST ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, CONTACT US VIA THE SPECTRUM LINK AND/OR SUBMISSION FORM BELOW

Crusader6-Min.jpeg

HELP US KEEP THE UNIVERSE SAFE

Interstellar crime prevention cannot be achieved by law enforcement professionals alone. The UEE Advocacy works hand-in-hand with the public to fight crime and disorder across the entire universe.

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS SHIP?

If you believe you've seen Alexandria Dougan, Mas Houlan, or their Crusader Mercury, use the form below to alert us to their coordinates, and rest easy, knowing that you've done your part.

SIGNAL POSITION:

Select system nameico_check.svgico_close.svgSelect a location Ayr'ka Bacchus Baker Banshee Branaugh Bremen Caliban Cano Castra Cathcart Centauri Charon Chronos Corel Croshaw Davien Eealus El'sin Ellis Elysium Ferron Fora Garron Geddon Genesis Gliese Goss Gurzil Hades Hadrian Hadur Helios Horus Idris Indra Kabal Kallis Kayfa Kellog Khabari Kiel Kilian Kins Leir Magnus Markahil Min Nemo Nexus Nul Nyx Oberon Odin Oretani Orion Osiris Oso Oya Pallas Pyro Rhetor Rihlah Sol Stanton Tal Tamsa Tanga Taranis Tayac Terra Tiber Tohil Trise Turborizon Tyrol Vagabond Vanguard Vector Vega Vendetta Veritas Vermilion Vesper Viking Virgil Virgo Virtus Volt Voodoo Vulture Yulin
Distanceico_check.svgico_close.svg Latitudeico_check.svgico_close.svg Longitudeico_check.svgico_close.svg
Submit these coordinates

ADVOCACY CRIME TRACKER

Help the Advocacy stay one step ahead of dangerous malefactors and their collaborators. Remember, aiding and abetting known enemies of the Empire is a crime.

range-uee.png
range-ship.png
Smugglers-2.png

KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE SKIES

REPORT ALL RELEVANT SIGHTINGS OF THE CULPRITS OR THEIR SHIP

UEE ADVOCACY

specs-logo.png

OFFICIAL SHIP FILE

THE "BELLIGERENT DUCK"

Known Operators: Alex Dougan (PersonalFile#TS1_65323_089); Mas Houlan (PersonalFile#SS3_34643_112)

Manufacturer:
Crusader Industries
Model:
Mercury
Sub-Classification:
Star Runner
Mercury_ALEX_SkinSM_04_flyin.png

DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS

Field Report

Easily identified by the unique white design painted on its hull and the stylized "eye" painted on it's main hatch. 
Favored by the duo for its potent combination of firepower, speed, and maneuverability, the "Duck" has become nearly synonymous with their exploits.

The Mercury's proclivity to data running, its built-in onboard encryption protocal, and any number of home-brewed booby traps, make successful extraction and seizure difficult by design.

Description_Ship_Desktop.png

ASSESSMENT

Engage ship at your own risk.

Defense:
twin size 2 shield generators, full compliment of countermeasures
Weapons:
two size 3 hardpoint gimbals out front, 2 manned turrets up top/down below
Missiles:
dual size 2 missile pylons - proceed with caution!

ABOUT THE SHIP CONCEPT PLEDGE

The Crusader Mercury is being offered for the first time as a limited ship concept pledge. This means that the ship design meets our specifications, but it is not yet ready to display in your Hangar or to fly in Star Citizen. The Warbond pledges shown here include Lifetime Insurance on the ship hull. In the future, the ship price may increase and Lifetime Insurance or any extras may not be available.

If you are interested in adding one to your fleet, a quantity of Warbond Mercury hulls are available during this event. You can also view a detailed schematic of this new ship in the Holo Viewer in the Tech Overview of the ship page.

As with every concept ship pledge, we will also be doing a Q&A post.

If you have additional questions, there will be a forum thread on Spectrum to take your questions. Make sure to vote for the questions you most want to see answered and we will be posting the dev’s responses next week. Look for the Comm-Link Schedule next week to find out when that post will go up.

For more details visit the complete Mercury ship page.

DISCLAIMER

Remember: we offer pledge ships to help fund Star Citizen’s development. The funding received from events such as these are what allow us to include deeper features in the Star Citizen world. Concept ships will be obtainable in the final universe, and they are not required to start the game.

Additionally, please note that the Star Runner will be entering the ship pipeline now and may be released after other concept ships have been completed. The goal is to make additional ships available to continue expanding the depth and variety of the game world and give players a different experience rather than any particular advantage.

Get it there fast, get it there safe. Every time.

Speed, safety, and rugged reliability. The Mercury Star Runner is your delivery solution.

Crusader3-Min.jpeg
MERCURY STAR RUNNER WARBOND- Standalone Ship
$200.00 USD
IN STOCKMORE INFOADD TO CART
Crusader3-Min.jpeg
MERCURY STAR RUNNER- Standalone Ship
$225.00 USD
Mercury_Landed-Min.jpg
SMUGGLER PACK WARBOND- Add-Ons
$500.00 USD
Mercury_Landed-Min.jpg
SMUGGLER PACK- Add-Ons
$530.00 USD
IN STOCKMORE INFO

Skin reward for new mercury game

If you find the ship on the starmap and you type the right coordinates in the form on the sales page you will receive a reward.

I choose to the UEE and received WATCH THE SKIES TIP LINE REWARD - Mystery Crusader Mercury Skin in my hanger. Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/Mqu8alt

Form/game should be also for more/further locations, only on entry per location.

For hints on locations visit the official spectrum thread and then search the starmap: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/134881

You get the coordinates if you click on the objects and then click right and then on Information.

Commlink is only accessible for VIP status for now.

Ozhxm6c.png

SPOILER BELOW....

Spoiler

awt0xeFOqo0NXOr2g0ByTrmZSROrS0XLrgIPjz8tvPg.png?s=8ead233369c239c1d2a7c85650934e84

BelligerentDuck NavMapLocation.png

For this first location did you enter this

Syste: Terra

Distance: 0.08

Latitude: -8

Longitude: 180

Beautiful looking ship.  I'm not usually into asymmetrical ships, but damn!  Unfortunately, no money for me to invest in one right now.

I didn't see anything on specs for the cargo capacity, or am I blind?  (edit: I'm not a concierge member, so just going off what I see here)

sysefcy6hwh11.jpg

Well, the store credit price is $225 and I still have a spare Terrapin in one of my UEE Explorer Packs which was bumped up in value from $195 to $220. So I think I can spare $5 on a CCU and have it available should I decide to want one. :D

I'd want to see more of the interior first though but overall the size of the ship looks pretty decent when I look at the size of those people milling around it. :)

2 hours ago, Buckaroo said:

Beautiful looking ship.  I'm not usually into asymmetrical ships, but damn!  Unfortunately, no money for me to invest in one right now.

I didn't see anything on specs for the cargo capacity, or am I blind?  (edit: I'm not a concierge member, so just going off what I see here)

sysefcy6hwh11.jpg

The specifications are not out on the ship yet so we don't know how much cargo it will hold but I would suggest everybody who is at least thinking that they might get even in the verse play the mini game because it would give you a free skin

Yeah Got the skin and the "High Jacket". It's ... well tbh the most annoying/boring way to play a mini game so far.

Also note how the specs state 2x manned turrets when looking at them they are remote turret at best.

It's a good looking ship. For the price of warbond USD 200(225). The shields sound (very) weak for its size.

that's not the point, map surveying is done the same  with out it minigame heh.

dare I say it I may have to play it 1-2 more times. For the badges and all.

The "bonus" skin looks a lot better than the standard one, all white. Gun metal should look nice.