Gremlich

Ongoing Discussion Is it me, or are these prices outrageous?

don't bother every test so far from others (linus ect.) have said its about 25% - 35% better than 1080ti for the cost i would go for a 2nd 1080ti or if you don't have one get 2 in sli.

oh and as to the naming Titan /GTX ect. i think they have now merged the Titan into the line (RTX) .. no more GTX / Titan separate

P.S. just read prior pages XD yep titan is now the 2080ti lol

The Titan  will cost 3000 and it should be release new year as usual.

Nvidia, claimed the titan and Ti became one, like they officially claimed there was no more Ti ever before The 780 or 980 Ti I can't remember and can't be bothered looking it up.

The performances is basically the same as the 780 - 780 Ti and 1080 - 1080 Ti, the titans have only a marginal from the *80 Ti, but a huge price difference.

Again this topic is about the price, not the specs unless vs specs. I personally think that Nvidia increased the price again because of their greed. The base price (pre-order) will go up. Personally I hate that, and I hate the fact that I need to get a new GPU and it must be Nvidia (G-sync monitor). 

The Big issue here (and why the cost is so high) is due to the implementation of the RTX line aka Ray tracing that almost no one has designed for and while it does represent something that could be groundbreaking in the future (games build with it in mind) its completely useless at the moment witch is what makes the 2080 / Ti a waste to buy i.e paying 50% - 70% more for 20 - 30% improvement on an item that cant do what the stats on the box say ... Ray tracing that no one uses.

6 minutes ago, Gremlich said:

20-30%? That's generous.

:lol: Very generous ..... VERY, at the moment the 2080 is basically a 1080ti with "RT" and the 2080ti is a titan BUT we don't know what the "RT" is doing to performance i.e. wasted resources that could have gone onto lower power drain and other things that ACTUALLY improve gpu performance, as you can see below the "benefit" of RTX is a waste in normal GPU functionality on games that don't have RTX .......... witch at the moment is basically all games  

RTX-GTX.PNG.87b469f728953b84229636db433291c1.PNG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Gremlich
      I get these notifications in the email - lots of great deals to be found for RAM, SSDs, etc
      Newegg and Microcenter, sometimes PNY, mostly Newegg, though, 
      really! get moar stuff, NO REALLY!!

buy buy buy!! good deals on SSDs, DDR4 RAM, next gen Intel CPUs
      And if you want help kitting out a computer, use pcpartpicker
      If you want help building a computer, there are loads of videos on newegg and youtube (for instance 
      just go to Youtube and search for "build a gaming computer" and you'll get lots of options to view.)

• By Gremlich
      I predict that the FOIP webcam that Faceware will be selling will be pricier than most backers want to pay - I'm thinking it will bump around $200 give or take. To be worth the purchase, a webcam shouldn't peg above $100 I'm thinking. You can use cheaper webcams, but they will be plagued with no low-light capability and FPS speeds not to your liking WRT to FOIP. I've seen faceware's video and photos showing how much better it is in low light. Grain of Salt, imho

So, there's the Logitech C920 (discontinued but available for and C922 ($70-$80) - both very good but require a light source if you're a gamer playing in just monitor light. Streamers like them, but they tend to use studio-type lighting. https://www.bestadvisor.com/webcams/logitech-c920-vs-logitech-c922
      ASccording to reviews, the C920 ($50 on Amazon) could capture 1080p or 720p at 30fps. The C922 Pro Stream ($100), however, can do either 1080p at 30fps or 720p at 60fps) (The logitech Brio is $200)
      Razer has an option with it's own ring light (very nice for when you only have the light from your monitors) for $100 and it also handles 1080p/30fps and 720p/60fps with a 4:3 aspect ratio--> https://www.razer.com/gaming-broadcaster/razer-kiyo (order from Razer and it's free shipping)

• By Gremlich
      https://hothardware.com/news/nvidia-stealthily-launches-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-gddr5x
      This could be another option for players wanting to extend their PC gaming rig dollars. I stopped using the GTX-60 series cards, finding the GTX-70 series cards better overall for gaming.
      I'll look for a comparison chart for 1070's later
      GeForce_GTX_1060_Chart.webp